Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others, please list

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
A double dose of Sutter: voted for his contract this time.

It's not just that he was overpaid at the time of the signing considering what he contributes on ice. It's also that he signed that contract at the age of 27, when one could reasonably expect him to begin to decline from his peak, which further emphasizes how much he's being overpaid.

Carnal

May 29, 2018
I just have such a tough time voting between the Sutter, Beagle and Sbisa contracts. All just so bad and amazing at least one of them will not rank in Benning's top ten worst moves.

I will vote Beagle I suppose as it is the most recent, showing the lack of learning from Benning. Though this time next year i could be voting Myers for the very same reason.

Hopefully by that time we are voting the worst moves by former GM Jim Benning.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Weird timing I think where people are down on Nylander and Ehlers after disappointing playoff performances and have kind of just accepted Virtanen for what he is, but that pick was a massive blunder that's definitely in his top-5 moves that have negatively impacted the franchise long term. The Sutter contract was more egregiously stupid (as in legitimately smart people considered Virtanen to be the BPA, whereas nobody would've given Sutter that contract), but signing him at 3M for one less year wouldn't have made us a playoff team. Nylander next to the Sedins and then Pettersson would've had much more of a positive impact.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Virtanen pick wins it. Unlike Juolevi, he was not unanimously ranked behind Ehlers and Nylander. But the consensus was both were ahead of him. What makes this move especially hard to take is the rumors that the Euro scouts wantes Nylander, the NA scouts wanted Ehlers, and Jim sided with owners to pick the local kid to fill a perceived immediate gap for a player with size, speed and snarl.

It is never OK to draft by need in the top 10.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Virtanen pick wins it. Unlike Juolevi, he was not unanimously ranked behind Ehlers and Nylander. But the consensus was both were ahead of him. What makes this move especially hard to take is the rumors that the Euro scouts wantes Nylander, the NA scouts wanted Ehlers, and Jim sided with owners to pick the local kid to fill a perceived immediate gap for a player with size, speed and snarl.

It is never OK to draft by need in the top 10.
And don’t listen to the owner when drafting either.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Weird timing I think where people are down on Nylander and Ehlers after disappointing playoff performances and have kind of just accepted Virtanen for what he is, but that pick was a massive blunder that's definitely in his top-5 moves that have negatively impacted the franchise long term. The Sutter contract was more egregiously stupid (as in legitimately smart people considered Virtanen to be the BPA, whereas nobody would've given Sutter that contract), but signing him at 3M for one less year wouldn't have made us a playoff team. Nylander next to the Sedins and then Pettersson would've had much more of a positive impact.

Nylander was good. Forced to replace Kadri on the 3rd.

Matthews line is far better with Nylander, even if he (Nylander) didnt produce the points this year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yep...we're almost to double digits in the 'worst moves' department....and still the beat goes on. Who could have predicted this thread would have a life of its own?.....until you start looking at the list...damn....there's more go go yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->