GDT: Rangers @ Wild - 8PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
He's been pretty bad for a while now, I feel like his value is already shot. We'll trade him because we kind of have no choice at this point. Gorton will hold off until the last minute because the return will be crap and so he'll try squeeze an extra conditional out of this to save face.

Yea I think he waited too long with Toronto. Kapanen was never in the cards. Just trying to build value. Hopefully something slightly better than what Cam Talbot got the Rangers would be nice.

Reactions: romba

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I'm terrified of anyone but Igor starting at this point. Not because Georgiev or Lundqvist aren't capable (they are). But because their heads might be a million miles away at this point.

Reactions: Richard Banger

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The more you listen to what guys that know him are saying weekes Callahan Friedman today the Rangers are going to figure out a way to get hank out of here. Georgiev isn’t going anywhere

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'm terrified of anyone but Igor starting at this point. Not because Georgiev or Lundqvist aren't capable (they are). But because their heads might be a million miles away at this point.

those two haven’t given you elite goaltending. Just haven’t. I have zero doubt we make the playoffs next year with Shesterkin as the number one. Zero doubt

hate to say this again but after that Ottawa series I said it and I’ll say it again. We werent going to make the playoffs again with Henrik as our number one. He was done being elite at that point

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I'm not happy with it but he willingly signed with the Wild so he absolutely deserves it.

He deserves it after all he gave to our team?
You should like you're bitter after getting burnt from an old girlfriend lol

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He deserves it after all he gave to our team?
You should like you're bitter after getting burnt from an old girlfriend lol
If you sign a contract with a bad hockey team, you deserve to play on a bad hockey team.

This isn't a hard one.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
those two haven’t given you elite goaltending. Just haven’t. I have zero doubt we make the playoffs next year with Shesterkin as the number one. Zero doubt

hate to say this again but after that Ottawa series I said it and I’ll say it again. We werent going to make the playoffs again with Henrik as our number one. He was done being elite at that point

So he went from outplaying the "best" goalie in the world and stealing the series for us against Montreal to not being elite in a couple of days?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
So he went from outplaying the "best" goalie in the world the series before to not being elite in a couple of days?

he outplayed the best goalie in the world? Who Price? That montreal team was garbage but sure he played well in that series and then he fell apart vs Ottawa. Ran out of gas again. And it’s continued to roll down hill ever since.

you are seeing elite goaltending again which you haven’t for a few years now and it’s night and day difference. Just is for the whole team.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
If you sign a contract with a bad hockey team, you deserve to play on a bad hockey team.

This isn't a hard one.

C'mon.. You can wish the little guy some luck.
He was an excellent NYR but they opted not to sign him.
I love Zucca..

Reactions: egelband

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
he outplayed the best goalie in the world? Who Price? That montreal team was garbage but sure he played well in that series and then he fell apart vs Ottawa. Ran out of gas again. And it’s continued to roll down hill ever since.

Played well is an gross understatement. He flat out stole that series. Sure, call Montreal garbage but they outshot and outchanced the Rangers. We had to rely on freaking Tanner Glass for goal scoring in that series.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
you are seeing elite goaltending again which you haven’t for a few years now and it’s night and day difference. Just is for the whole team.

I am pretty sure we did see elite goaltending from Hank last season until the infamous letter and the subsequent gutting of the team.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Played well is an gross understatement. He flat out stole that series. Sure, call Montreal garbage but they outshot and outchanced the Rangers. We had to rely on freaking Tanner Glass for goal scoring in that series.

ok so that doesn’t change the fact that the following series he was not good. Anderson was awful and Hank was even worse. That happened. And the season was showing inconsistencies as well. It was clear as day he ran out of gas. It was becoming more and more obvious. And arguing it doesn’t make much sense. The fact is sure enough we haven’t made the playoffs since and frankly would have this year if Shesterkin was in there sooner. We have not had elite goaltending for a few years now. It kills people to hear but it’s true.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I am pretty sure we did see elite goaltending from Hank last season until the infamous letter and the subsequent gutting of the team.

the letter wasn’t even last year. It was the year prior. And no we didn’t. But I understand fans not wanting to let go. Same thing giants fans went thru with Eli

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
C'mon.. You can wish the little guy some luck.
He was an excellent NYR but they opted not to sign him.
I love Zucca..
I'm not wishing anything bad on him. It was his decision.

You sign with the Wild, you get the Wild. It's what he wanted.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
the letter wasn’t even last year. It was the year prior. And no we didn’t. But I understand fans not wanting to let go. Same thing giants fans went thru with Eli

You are right, my bad. f***ing years starting to meld together. He started last season on a strong note but run out of gas.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
@Kovalev27 why? What are you getting from finally having numbers to tear down a Rangers legend with?

We can all see that Shesty has been better and we're happy to have an heir to the throne. Nobody else wants to piss on a grave though; you're standing all alone in the cold urinating on a jersey that will soon be in the rafters.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
@Kovalev27 why? What are you getting from finally having numbers to tear down a Rangers legend with?

We can all see that Shesty has been better and we're happy to have an heir to the throne. Nobody else wants to piss on a grave though; you're standing all alone in the cold urinating on a jersey that will soon be in the rafters.

I have zero to desire to tear him down and hardly think I’m doing so by stating that this was coming. Age waits for no man. And frankly my loyalty is to the team not one individual player. When a player becomes a detriment to this team it is what it is. And he has been these last couple years including not wanting to waive his nmc that could have helped us.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
You should of told him to waive his NMC and go chase the cup.

Arent there rumors Carolina was interested? I remember reading about Colorado at one point too.

Would love to see him go for either. Quinn is done with him and Georgiev. Georgiev is what... 23? He cant be happy either. He can be a starter elsewhere.

Rangers will have Shesterkin, but he cant start much more than 45-50 games. If you get rid of Georgiev at the TDL, and Henrik either retires or waives his NMC, who is playing those other 30+ games next year?

Reactions: Richard Banger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad