Waived: Rangers waive Brendan Smith (Cleared)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
$4,350,000 for 3 more years
ouch

Yeah, that's a little ugly.

Only asking because he's a good candidate for the Habs to claim if they decide to rebuild. Someone not overly old, with enough NHL experience to play on the blue-line after they trade anything valuable from it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Shame.

Had a great playoffs and got horrifically out of shape over the offseason. Couldn’t get out of gear either.

Thought it was an okay signing at the time but Smith took the money and ran.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
$4,350,000 for 3 more years
ouch
Worse than I thought!

I remember when they signed him thinking that it was too much money and term. He played great for the Rangers after his deadline acquisition but I don't know how that contract ever made sense to them.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Yeah, that's a little ugly.

Only asking because he's a good candidate for the Habs to claim if they decide to rebuild. Someone not overly old, with enough NHL experience to play on the blue-line after they trade anything valuable from it.

Habs wouldn’t do it. If they do a move like that it’s because they go FULL rebuild and acquire solid assets back to take on shit contracts

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Weird. I thought people were saying he could return a 2nd or a 3rd...
I guess this means Martin is sticking around with the Leafs, then.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wow... I'm shocked. Has he really been that bad?
In one word, yes.

It’s been self-inflicted too. Pretty much did everything wrong this offseason. Got out of shape (he did get married, too much cake). Was injured, was suspended, in the dog house; no momentum.

Reactions: BHD

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Habs wouldn’t do it. If they do a move like that it’s because they go FULL rebuild and acquire solid assets back to take on **** contracts

They won't do it because they're idiots who think they can retool this roster and make it play-off competitive.

I'm merely asking for a scenario that works in my head, not one that I am under illusions they would do.

They have the worst GM in Habs history currently running the show.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think he could still be effective if he gets a reset.

Comes back next season in shape with a hockey coach behind the bench as opposed to whatever the f*** sport AV thinks this is.

Don't really get the point of this.

Reactions: x BEUKEBOOM x

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Really thought he would turn it around here, his playoff performance left me drooling

Neal Pionk has been called up btw, excited to see what he can do, was a monster in preseason and had that beautiful goal where he spun around Nelson and put it home for the OT winner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->