Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs Maple Leafs - 2/1/18 - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
It is confounding that Carey is out. McCleod is the shiny new toy.
Baffling that they play non-NHL talent. And baffling that they think a fighter is going to help somehow. I mean, I don't see them losing because they are intimidated - they lose because they play badly. At first I thought they got McLeod to please fans that like fighting more than competent hockey. But after reading comments here & elsewhere it appears that that view is not widely held.

So dumb.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
At this point in the season I’m so conflicted. I’ve been very bored these past several days waiting for our next game. I’m excited that we’re back in action tomorrow. I’ve been stationed in TX for the last few years and I’ve picked up some tickets in the 100s for the Stars game next week as well. I’m excited to throw on a Rangers jersey and go to the game even though Stars games can’t touch MSG. At the same time, the lines are disgusting, my expectations are absolutely minimal and I’m really just looking forward to seeing what moves we make. I almost don’t care if we win or lose/lean towards wanting to see just how bad we’ll look. The worse we are the bigger the moves we’re likely to see. It’s almost like I can’t wait to watch to see how bad we’ll be this time. But it’s all in the vain hope of being really good in 1-2 years.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Jimmy Vesey is a dime-a-dozen warm body 4th liner that can chip in some offense. He makes flashy dangles that work 1% of the time that make him look better than he is.

He is decent around the net and has an okay shot, but he is a TERRIBLE passer, and awful at carrying the puck. Thats fine, but Vesey doesn't have enough hockey sense to maximize his own abilities. He sees himself as a shifty dangler, and plays according to that view.

he is basically a poor mans Lee Stempniak

Last edited:

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Pretending? What pretending? Vesey flat out stinks.
Here we go again. I am not a huge Vesey fan, BUT.......a bottom 6 guy who is less than 2 years into the league, goes to the net fearlessly and plays tough while scoring 15-20 a season stinks. Ok?:laugh::huh:

Reactions: Cheapshot

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
lose tonight and the lemmings in this place will begin to eat their own.

im willing to take a few steps back to :

1. watch the above happen

2. see mcleod have more ice than buchnevich

3. watch al vigno coach his last nyr game.

were into the cody mcleod stage now which is just above complete and utter panic.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Tonight is part of the Dad's Roadtrip for the Leafs.

Make them disappointed in their sons.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
lose tonight and the lemmings in this place will begin to eat their own.

im willing to take a few steps back to :

1. watch the above happen

2. see mcleod have more ice than buchnevich

3. watch al vigno coach his last nyr game.

were into the cody mcleod stage now which is just above complete and utter panic.

"Cody McLeod stage" is how I'm going to describe anything that's crapping out in my real life.

My refrigerator just hit the Cody McLeod stage. I'd go to Sears to get a new one, but they themselves are IN the Cody McLeod stage.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Watch them get comparable ice time to the 1st line.
All u hear is you "need your best players, to be your best players". So by AV's thinking.......roll 4 lines, even though lines 3 and 4 aren't comparable to lines 1 & 2. But makes for easy coaching and coachspeak.
This is why I believe he isn't afraid of losing his job. To continuously play "lesser than" players every bit as much as your top 2 lines.....well. guess he doesn't want to win, which I suppose bodes well for the future.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad