Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Jets - The LOL Edition

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
TSN NHL homepage

I had to laugh at the NHL page on tsn.ca...

"Surging jets finish off impressive road trip with victory over injury-riddled AND SLUMPING Rangers...

They had make sure that everyone knew its not just injuries, it's because we suck too!

No pro Canadian bias there...:sarcasm:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
If there is a play that sums up the Rangers season to date it is that 3 on 1 with Stepan. Talk about a missed opportunity.

Either that or Jokinen scoring twice.

Ironically I will be saving this game tape to (hopefully) share with my unborn son one day for the sole purpose of highlighting the play of Ryan Callahan. Spectacular performance.

iceman9999

Apr 15, 2012
I had to laugh at the NHL page on tsn.ca...

"Surging jets finish off impressive road trip with victory over injury-riddled AND SLUMPING Rangers...

They had make sure that everyone knew its not just injuries, it's because we suck too!

No pro Canadian bias there...:sarcasm:

Well they did go like 4-1 on the road trip

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
When your sniper passes on a prime scoring chance and there's 0 sog on a 3 on 1, you know they have no confidence.

Last night half the offense was started by Stralman.

But Callahan, at least he is trying tolead by example (last night). His shift was the loudest the garden got all night.

*Bob Richards*

I recall someone mentioning that Stepan's controller died on that 3-1 in the GDT.

**** was hilarious.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Anyone expecting the Adams award finalist to be fired after 1/3 of a shortened season, with a lineup decimated by injury isn't in touch with reality. It's just not gonna happen.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Mashinter earned a one-way ticket back to Hartford last night. Man, he was brutal in limited minutes.

Although Torts needs to explain why Mashinter found himself out against the likes of Jokinen and Kane.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
LOL@people blaming Hank for this loss.The guy had no chance on 2 of those goals because the defense left him out to dry.I sometimes wonder if people actually watch the games or just go by box scores

Kanes 1st goal,no goalie in the league was stopping as it was a perfect shot.Both of Jokinens were into empty nets because Hank had to scramble because nobody on the ice wanted to clear the puck or pick up a man.Kanes last goal was the only 1 Hank should have had.People forget the Jets had like 16,17 shots alone in the 2nd period.If it wasnt for Hank,they might have scored 4 or 5 in that period alone.But yes,Blame Hank :shakehead

When you have Eminger and Gilroy as your 3rd pairing,you're in a world of trouble.Credit Gilroy for at least playing a decent game.
Eminger just sucks.

Last edited:

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
If nothing else, Cally shut up all the people calling for him to "do something." I don't know what else you can ask of your captain than to lay it all on the ice like he did last night.

*Bob Richards*

LOL@people blaming Hank for this loss.The guy had no chance on 2 of those goals because the defense left him out to dry.I sometimes wonder if people actually watch the games or just go by box scores

Kanes 1st goal,no goalie in the league was stopping as it was a perfect shot.Both of Jokinens were into empty nets because Hank had to scramble because nobody on the ice wanted to clear the puck or pick up a man.Kanes last goal was the only 1 Hank should have had.People forget the Jets had like 16,17 shots alone in the 2nd period.If it wasnt for Hank,they might have scored 4 or 5 in that period alone.But yes,Blame Hank :shakehead

When you have Eminger and Gilroy as your 3rd pairing,you're in a world of trouble.Credit Gilroy for at least playing a decent game.
Eminger just sucks.

Really? I thought Eminger was our best D-man last night. Played physical and was huge on Cally's goal. Stralman does come a close second though.

lJuicel

Feb 1, 2010
St. John's

Eminger just sucks.

I thought Eminger looked decent, it was Gilroy laying in the crease on Jokinen's second goal. Either way, minus McD and DZ our D looks less then pedestrian.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I thought Eminger looked decent, it was Gilroy laying in the crease on Jokinen's second goal. Either way, minus McD and DZ our D looks less then pedestrian.

To be fair, how many teams could lose a couple of top 4 defensemen and not be in trouble?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
If nothing else, Cally shut up all the people calling for him to "do something." I don't know what else you can ask of your captain than to lay it all on the ice like he did last night.

I'll never forget how dejected he looked on the bench after they scored 1 minute after he had that monster shift to kill the penalty.

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
Really? I thought Eminger was our best D-man last night. Played physical and was huge on Cally's goal. Stralman does come a close second though.

I dont know..Eminger turned it over alot last night and was out of position alot it seemed.Gilroy was better to me and provided some decent chances offensively.Either way,we can agree that them as our 3rd pairing is a disaster.

I also thought Stralman was our best defenseman by far last night and has been our most consistant 1 all year along with McDonagh

*Bob Richards*

I dont know..Eminger turned it over alot last night and was out of position alot it seemed.Gilroy was better to me and provided some decent chances offensively.Either way,we can agree that them as our 3rd pairing is a disaster.

I also thought Stralman was our best defenseman by far last night and has been our most consistant 1 all year along with McDonagh

I thought Gilroy played relatively solid too. That said, McDonage and DZ can't come back soon enough. :shakehead

NikC

Oct 7, 2008

Eminger just sucks.

i noticed you didn't mention the 3rd goal by Peluso that should have been stopped as well as the 4th.

Even on the fourth goal, which is unforgivable for a goalie of his stature, was let in at such a crucial time that it all but killed the momentum we were building...

Let me know, when is it ever ok to blame a loss on Henrik? He's been good so far this year, but far from great. We needed him to step up last night, and quite frankly he didn't...

We needed him to step up last year in the ECF... and he didn't....

Vickers8

What a shift when his stick broke, he was like a one man gang out there, he energized the whole crowd, but then unfortunately he had to leave the ice and they went back to sleep and the Jets scored right away...gutless

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
i noticed you didn't mention the 3rd goal by Peluso that should have been stopped as well as the 4th.

Even on the fourth goal, which is unforgivable for a goalie of his stature, was let in at such a crucial time that it all but killed the momentum we were building...

Let me know, when is it ever ok to blame a loss on Henrik? He's been good so far this year, but far from great. We needed him to step up last night, and quite frankly he didn't...

We needed him to step up last year in the ECF... and he didn't....

errrm,Peluso didnt score the 3rd goal.Hank stopped the shot and the rebound went right to Jokinen who roofed it into the half empty net

I also did bring up the 4th goal and said that 1 Hank had to stop.Perhaps you should go back and actually maybe,i dont know,read my post

Edit:Heres what i said in my 1st post about hank when i did mention the 4th goal that you somehow missed

Kanes last goal was the only 1 Hank should have had

Last edited:

Vickers8

Great- Cally's one man show shift with broken stick
Good- Cally the rest of the game
Bad- The rest of these losers
Ugly- Hank fanning on Kane's wrist shot killed us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->