Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Flyers | 29/1/13: Get well soon Cally

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Just watching the Tort's presser. He seemed pretty irritated. Losing Callahan will do that to ya. Hags would seem to be in the dog house. Not a good place to be Hags.

*Bob Richards*

Just watching the Tort's presser. He seemed pretty irritated. Losing Callahan will do that to ya. Hags would seem to be in the dog house. Not a good place to be Hags.

I'd be irate if he did. Carl played a great game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'd be irate if he did. Carl played a great game.

Right. But Torts after being asked about the 3rd period said something to the efffect of, and I paraphrase: "I focus on the dumbness of Hagelin. Played a good game up until then. That's washed away by the penalty"

74 Kravtsov

Jan 29, 2013

I don't understand why hags is being singled out for the too many men penalty. It seemed like gaborik was just as much at fault.

Anyway, solid effort for the most part. I don't know what happened these last few days but suddenly our second and third lines look a bit dangerous in the offensive zone. Hopefully we'll get some more balanced scoring (aka goals from forwards besides the all stars, cally, and pyatt).

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Good team effort tonight. The third period seemed like we scrambled a lot to protect the lead. That's not ideal, but a regulation win against a divisional opponent goes a lot way.

I thought Halpern, Stralman, Hagelin looked good amongst the unsung heroes. Penalties in the third drive me nuts.

All in all, nice to get another win under the belt. Hopefully panic dies down now, and we focus on Pittsburgh. With or without Callahan we need to be focused.

Uncle Sid

Nov 30, 2007
New Jersey
I was at the game tonight, I loved how this team played well out of the gate, got on the board first and got the crowd into it early. I also loved how they were able to finally get a big goal on the PP. The PK looked great, with the exception of Timonen being left wide open on his PP goal. Things are starting to look much better than the first couple games, and I hope they can keep this up.

IceBear86

Broadway Pride
Feb 27, 2009
Regensburg, Bavaria
I really like Torts as a coach but calling out a player who made a mistake is just stupid. Even if it had cost the team one point (or the game) you just don't do that. Leave it in the locker room. Really bad move there.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I really like Torts as a coach but calling out a player who made a mistake is just stupid. Even if it had cost the team one point (or the game) you just don't do that. Leave it in the locker room. Really bad move there.

Agreed.

Torts is a ****ing dick for doing that, especially since he hasn't called out other guys for equally stupid things.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
DZ
Hank
Hagelin

HM to Boyle who did a heck of a job on the PK and screening Bryn on the 1st goal and never gets any credit around here.

Blueblood 2

Jul 7, 2006
I guess Hags will be less dumb in the future. Torts just ticked about losing his Captain . It puts his PC filter on bypass.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Torts thinks calling out young players will stop them from doing stupid things.

Hags played great otherwise. You could tell he was really going by how anxious he was to get back out there on that TMM penalty.

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC

And u never hear anything "bad" about Stepan, ever. The guy is a bust, period. Get him out of here and get a guy that can play real hockey.

*Bob Richards*

And u never hear anything "bad" about Stepan, ever. The guy is a bust, period. Get him out of here and get a guy that can play real hockey.

I'm not really sure how to respond to this. Absolutely ridiculous.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Stepan played really well last night

I don't really care about Torts calling out Hagelin unless calling out players like that becomes standard procedure after every game. It was a dumb penalty (regardless of who's to blame) and it cost the team a goal, that'll piss coaches off. Yet this team likes playing for Torts, a little hard love isn't going to make them tune him out

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Stepan played really well last night

I don't really care about Torts calling out Hagelin unless calling out players like that becomes standard procedure after every game. It was a dumb penalty (regardless of who's to blame) and it cost the team a goal, that'll piss coaches off. Yet this team likes playing for Torts, a little hard love isn't going to make them tune him out

When it comes to playing mental games, I'll let Torts do his stuff.

Dorado*

He should have called out
Richards
Staal
Gaborik all took bad penalties .

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I think that Torts regrets making that comment public the way he did. He's known to keep that stuff in the room.

Disappointed in him there.

That said, I do not believe it's an issue as I am sure that he spoke to Hagelin before the presser and again after.

What I like about Torts is that he does not hide his feelings about players or situations.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Did he run your mother over on the road? Seems like every post of yours is about how terrible Stepan is.

Not to mention that last night was not the night to point out that Stepan is a bust. Had one of his best games of the season last night with Cally and Hagelin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad