Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Ex-Rangers — 03/30/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Is it me or does Lias Andersson look smaller than listed? He appears to be 1 of the smaller guys on the ice. I don't know what to make of him yet but I'll just I wanted Casey from day 1 but at least we have Chytil, he really looks like a steal of a pick. The size, speed, skill combo is up there.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Zibanejad we've gotten in the last 30 games is a lot different from the Zibanejad we got over the first half of the season. If Mika continues to play into the future like he is now he could arguably become a legit 1st line center---though probably not a great one. He's been a lot more aggressive and a lot more physical the last couple months. I've mentioned this before at the 41 game mark--exactly half way he was credited with 22 hits---he'd missed 9 games though but still he's closing in on 90 hits now which is to say 3/4 of his credited hits are in the second half of the season. IMO he's much more physically engaged--going into harder areas much more frequently and he's playing a lot better. He has a big body and he's strong and he's using it as an asset. He doesn't have to and he hasn't been taking penalites but he's playing a lot harder, tougher game. Being paired up with Kreider certainly has helped him but the main reason he's playing better is because he's pushed himself to. Take note Buchnevich and Vesey.

I'm not ready to project Chytil to be the next Malkin--way way too early for that. I'm hoping he can stick with the Rangers all of next season though and be a player who contributes. I like his size, strength, skating and puck skills. He seems to have a really good all around game for an 18 year old. We should expect defensive mistakes but generally what I've seen so far is his play away from the puck is really good--so the entire foundation of his game is pretty much in place. He 'could' (operative word) be a big star--I think he's at least going to be a very good player.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
The kids on this team continue to impress me, even in a game like this. It's going to be a rough couple of years, but I can take it if we continue to draft, develop, and play kids like this. It makes me that much more excited for the draft, as well as the other kids we got in the deadline trades.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Is it me or does Lias Andersson look smaller than listed? He appears to be 1 of the smaller guys on the ice. I don't know what to make of him yet but I'll just I wanted Casey from day 1 but at least we have Chytil, he really looks like a steal of a pick. The size, speed, skill combo is up there.

Did Kovalev27 hack your account?

Reactions: E-Train

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Chytil is special.

I want a legit 1st line next year. .

Kreider Chytil Zibanejad

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
But Lias need to improve his skating over the summer - you can see it when he try to get speed and pace on the rush when he sent the puck to Spooner on his goal vs Caps. He is almost as slow as Stepan at the moment so I`m a bit worried about that - so I would move him for Elias Pettersson pick in 2017 drafted by nucks

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
But Lias need to improve his skating over the summer - you can see it when he try to get speed and pace on the rush when he sent the puck to Spooner on his goal vs Caps. He is almost as slow as Stepan at the moment so I`m a bit worried about that - so I would move him for Elias Pettersson pick in 2017 drafted by nucks
I see it as a technique issue rather than footspeed. He could improve

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes I think it`s both pace training and skating technique - if he dueled against 500 meters skaters in Olympic Lias would stand still almost in comparison. It`s crucial that special trainers look at it over the summer when this season is over to improve in that area, because it`s very important in today NHL hockey which is so quick pace and faster than ever.

Last edited:

effen

Feb 3, 2018

He's under 6 feet and its VERY common for players to lose weight during the season. He's also a baby and won't have man strength until his mid 20s.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Yes I think it`s both pace training and skating technique - if he dueled against 500 meters skaters in Olympic Lias would stand still almost in comparison. It`s crucial that special trainers look at it over the summer when this season is over to improve that area, because it`s very important in today NHL hockey which is so quick pace and faster than ever.

He has practically zero acceleration and churns his legs like he's making butter if he's at a standstill. He'll get better, but I'm not sure how much better.

I'm not a technique expert though, I'd imagine that could fix quite a bit.

Reactions: Ori

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lias definitely needs to improve his speed. It’s a big issue for him, of course it will get better. But how much? Think much of his top end potential is decided of how much faster he can become.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
I see it as a technique issue rather than footspeed. He could improve
Its technique and he needs to work on his stamina. If i had to guess he's going to be working on strength and endurance this off season.. and from the looks of he's been doing Hypertrophy. So maybe sprinkle in some max strength this off season Lias.

Regardless him and Chytil will continue to grow and become stronger and faster. They haven't even hit their prime body yet... hot Damb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->