Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Ex-Rangers — 03/30/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He just turned 24!!!!!

Sweet Jesus are we here complaining about Mika and Skjei?!

Mika produces and is good.

Skjei has struggled this season. I just want him to get past it and improve, not continue struggling.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Makes me feel a bit better :D

And I still think ADA is going to be a quality NHL player.

I see him as hopefully a Justin Schultz down the line. Schultz never put the offense together the way people expected but he ended up being a fine two-way top 4 D on a couple of Cup teams.

I've been thinking of Daley actually. If the points never come and he can figure his shit out in the d-zone.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
That's not even the issue here. The issue is stupid things like eye contact and ... I don't know .... his hair color ... I don't even get these arguments in here.
I say that it should be acceptable to recognize Zibanejad's skills, want him to be a core part of the team going forward (i.e. don't trade him) while at the same time remarking on his fashionable freshly frosted hilites :)

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

Great post! Summed it all up well, especially the weird emotions in tonight's game that spanned a lot of topics.

On Mats - the last minutes of the broadcast where he is one of the last ones out there throwing his stick to a kid show yet again that his passion is sincere. The MSG broadcast lingering on him hit me as fitting. I do think he is likely (not definitely) moved, may have been his last game at MSG. If so his tribute is going to drown out the rest.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Chytil is going to be a lot to handle. You see the obvious talent. He has gained some good weight over the course of the season. If you look at the goal celebration, he's not far off in height from 6-5 Hayes. Not hard to imagine him being a force in the league by 21 or 22.

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Mika produces and is good.

Skjei has struggled this season. I just want him to get past it and improve, not continue struggling.

I think it’s essential that we get a steady defensive partner for Skjei next season. The kid is a 23 y/o PMD/2-way D who has been rushed into a No 1 spot in the NHL. OK, I think he can survive it. But not if he have to babysit a drunk bum like Smith/a vet PPQB like Shatty/a kid like Pionk/Sproul.

McD got a lot of support from Girardi, remember that G hadn’t regressed as much when they were first paired. Imagine if we like threw a Dan Boyle type on his side from day 1 — would be have developed as well? Or if McD played his first three years as a top D with Matt Gilroy or Thomas Pock?

Get a stay at home RD that can play with him at least next year when we will be a mess. I don’t care if this get isn’t a good NHLer, as long as Skjei always know that someone is taking a back seat to him, can help him out clearing the crease and at least win physical battles defensively and so forth. We will be a mess, Skjei need a steady partner.

Reactions: Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->