Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Ex-Rangers — 03/30/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
his puck control reminds me of AM

I get the Malkin comparison only because of their build (huge legs) + explosive skating

couturier kadri was mentioned before but not seeing it. idk tho he is his own player right now as we are mainly comparing him with big time goal scorers

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Watching Mika speak in the lockeroom after the game makes me hate him even more. He stares st the floor and mumbles like a mental midget child. Watch kreider speak right after. Looking up. Eye contact.

Right on. And to eat their own, but Zib is so actually so uncomfortable, it makes me uncomfortable to watch him fumble around. However, if this connection with Kreider is legitimate...go right ahead.

Kredier has arrived, in every sense. He's the guy.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Some bring up his defense but as you already know, that's a damn dirty lie.

He's already above average defensively and he's still a young player. Offense develops quick but the finer points take time. He's going to be a two-way force when he really matures into his game.

There's plenty about this organization that gives me agita, but we're going to be loaded at center.

Zibanejad is controlled through 2022 and 5.3 is looking like a bargain after this season.
Of all the things to be upset about, he is literally so low on the totem poll.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Zibby is a bargain at what he makes and is terrific fit with Kreider. The big worry with him and its the injuries in particular concussions.

Reactions: belford222 and Ori

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I'm actually excited about the defense going into the next couple of seasons. Outside of a couple of guys (Shattenkirk, Skjei, Staal), there are no "guaranteed" spots in the top six, and a LOT of capable guys who will be fighting for those spots. We've already seen some of them (DeAngelo, Smith, Pionk, Bear Gloves) and there are a couple of high-quality guys on the way (Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov). Guys like Gilmour, O'Gara, Sproul, and Kampfer will likely soon be an unpleasant afterthought.

Really, even if only a few of those guys pan out, all we're missing is a LHD for the top pair, and there will be money to spend, particularly in 2019, to fill that hole. Having FA/Shatt, Skjei/Hajek, and Pionk/Lindgren/ADA/Rykov/Bear Gloves as the d-pairs could be phenomenal. No "superstar" guys, but absurd depth, even if a few of them don't pan out.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Maybe Chytil is AM X Malkin HYBRID

51y6lwoqj5L.jpg

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Captain Kreider.

I also think Zib has been the biggest catalyst for Kreiders ‘boom’.
They have serious chemistry, so can we stop the sh***ing on Zibanejad and maybe root for our under 25 guys especially the ones whom had a concussion this season?

He’s not going anywhere.
He has chemistry with arguably our best forward.
I love that he is on this team. He has only gotten better since the trade. He has battled through one freak leg injury and a concussion.

P.S.

Chytiljuice, Chytiljuice.... CHYTILJUICE..

**** I thought he was supposed to appear here on the A train after I said that. ****.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm actually excited about the defense going into the next couple of seasons. Outside of a couple of guys (Shattenkirk, Skjei, Staal), there are no "guaranteed" spots in the top six, and a LOT of capable guys who will be fighting for those spots. We've already seen some of them (DeAngelo, Smith, Pionk, Bear Gloves) and there are a couple of high-quality guys on the way (Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov). Guys like Gilmour, O'Gara, Sproul, and Kampfer will likely soon be an unpleasant afterthought.

Really, even if only a few of those guys pan out, all we're missing is a LHD for the top pair, and there will be money to spend, particularly in 2019, to fill that hole. Having FA/Shatt, Skjei/Hajek, and Pionk/Lindgren/ADA/Rykov/Bear Gloves as the d-pairs could be phenomenal. No "superstar" guys, but absurd depth, even if a few of them don't pan out.

DOBSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Rongomania

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I think it's certainly interesting to see what will happen next year, it's just rough to watch right now. Pionk has promise but also rough around the edges at times and not a top pairing guy. Not a fan of Gilmour, Sproul is straight up AHL, O'Gara is right around there too, and Staal is Staal while Skjei is determined to regress.

some guys need to step up

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Captain Kreider.

I also think Zib has been the biggest catalyst for Kreiders ‘boom’.
They have serious chemistry, so can we stop the sh***ing on Zibanejad and maybe root for our under 25 guys especially the ones whom had a concussion this season?

He’s not going anywhere.
He has chemistry with arguably our best forward.
I love that he is on this team. He has only gotten better since the trade. He has battled through one freak leg injury and a concussion.

P.S.

Chytiljuice, Chytiljuice.... CHYTILJUICE..

**** I thought he was supposed to appear here on the A train after I said that. ****.

"Who me"? ChytilJuice

Reactions: Rongomania

TheMorningSkate

Jul 3, 2017
Last home game of the year and SO many things happened tonight. Yeah, the Rangers got killed but I’m going to try and take a more optimistic approach here.
Steven McDonald Extra Effort

New York Rangers✔@NYRangers

"To the future of the New York Rangers...This is NYC...we've been knocked down plenty of times before. We get up, we keep the faith and we keep going."

- Conor McDonald speaks before presenting the Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award presented by @NorthwellHealth to Henrik
8:16 PM - Mar 30, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy
I was talking to my old man before the awarded had handed out. We both agreed that either Zuccarello or Fast would be the likely recipient but right before it was announced we looked at each other in unison and said “Hank.” Sure, he might not be the goalie he was in years passed but this guy compete level is unmatched and any team in the league would be lucky to have him. I know there’s a HUGE Lundqvist sucks crowd and I got two words for you
giphy2.gif

This guy has been the face of this franchise for years. The guy doesn’t want to leave and he’s earned that right. I’m a huge Richter guy but Hank is the king and deserves the benefit of the doubt, not that there is any.
The Boys are Back

dangirardiryanmcdonaghstlouisbluesvxvrw4uup6hjl.jpg

So I may or may not have teared up a bit. These New York Rangers have given myself so much joy throughout the years. This video really shows us how long these guys were important for us. Dan Girardi is a warrior. Ryan McDonagh was a true professional and a HELL of a defenseman. JT Miller seemed to get the shit end of the stick from AV. Why/How do I know this? 10 f***ing goals with the Lightning so far. That’s what happens when you give a guy like that some offensively gifted teammates. Classic. BIG thank you to these three for being a huge part of the New York Rangers.
Filip Chytil is Electric

I know he hasn’t played many games but in the games he has, he has shown glimpses of that “Oh, shit” factor that guys like Tarasenko, Kovalchuk have. He gets the puck and my eyes are glued to the TV screen. 18 years old 210 pounds SCREAMS power forward.
WHEELS

Fitz@FitzGSN_

But quickly, here's Filip Chytil getting a nice chance off #NYR
9:21 PM - Mar 30, 2018
A nose for the net

Again, it’s very early but this kid has got the attention of every single Rangers fan. Also, LOVE the fact that he’s cellying in a 5-1 game on a garbage goal. Get excited guys, there will be plenty more.
Goodbye to Mats?

Every Rangers blogger and analyst say the Rangers are open to trading anyone. Zucc has 1 year left on a cost efficient contract making him valuable. Some argue that you deal Mats Zuccarello at the draft for more picks and prospects. I say f*** THAT NOISE. Could it be beneficial for the Rangers? Sure, it could. Am I selfish? I absolutely f***ing am. Mats Zuccarello has the biggest heart in the entire NHL. Mats Zuccarello has led the Rangers in points the last three years. Every single night this guy brings it. He’s a HUGE locker room guy and for the sake of my sanity I hope he stays. I’ve written about this before and this guy is by far my favorite player of all time. There’s nobody like him and I really hope he’ll be wearing a Rangers jersey next year. Keep doing your thing buddy.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Chytil is so exciting. To be looking this good in the NHL when he's only 18 and a half, it's extremely promising. I don't wanna get too ahead of myself, but we might have an elite talent on our hands.

I'd like to see Lias get a look with some other linemates. Vesey has looked better lately, but he still has bad tunnel vision and too many plays die on his stick as a result. Spooner is just too invisible most of the time. I want to see Buch-Lias-Namestnikov for a full game.

I really like both Lias and Chytil and I'm glad they're very different players. I know the instinct is to want to compare them, but their games are very different. If everything pans out we can have Chytil driving our 1st line and Andersson taking the tough matchups and also chipping in 50+ points.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Makes me feel a bit better :D

And I still think ADA is going to be a quality NHL player.

I see him as hopefully a Justin Schultz down the line. Schultz never put the offense together the way people expected but he ended up being a fine two-way top 4 D on a couple of Cup teams.

Reactions: Ori and Rongomania

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We lose, we lose and we lose again. We stay at number 10 lol.

Reactions: Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad