Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
I think we take this series in 6 or 7 games. Carolina has got to be hoping Guentzel can be the key to them beating us in the playoffs. But I think we are better coached and deeper than we have been in the past.

It's going to come down to goaltending and special teams. That's why I like our chances.

LGR!

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Being much more careful to not take penalties is going to be super important. Carolina has a really good power play so taking the extra penalties the way we did vs Washington will be bad. If we can limit their PP opportunities I actually like the matchup vs them at 5v5, we all know how dominant they can be at 5v5 but the past few years have shown that our core players really match up with them well and can exploit weaknesses particularly with their man coverage in the D zone. Play them tight at 5v5, try to limit penalties and our PP needs to come through.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Can't do anything about the past, but it was a lot less of a challenge to win in those days, and we still didn't.

What we need is a Blackhawks-type stretch. That will make the dubious history of this club a lot easier to swallow.
Not remotely true when the Habs and Leafs had dibs on most of the best Canadian players. The Blackhawks were just as unsuccessful as we were.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Watch us be some random ass time. Also I’m surprised they are going to start round 2 before round 1 is finished
Tomorrow's games could close out those two remaining West series but if game 7s are needed, I would think they're held in the afternoon on Sunday and Rangers-Canes will be primetime to kick off 2nd round.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Watch us be some random ass time. Also I’m surprised they are going to start round 2 before round 1 is finished
Technically it will be. I am sure the Rangers would get the 7 or 8pm start time Sunday.
If the other 2 series go 7 games they could play them before the start of NYR/Car game 1.

Tomorrow's games could close out those two remaining West series but if game 7s are needed, I would think they're held in the afternoon on Sunday and Rangers-Canes will be primetime to kick off 2nd round.
my bad just saw this.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Canes fans thinking they will win the series like Rangers fans thinking the same is like saying water is wet. People like to say this shit beforehand and someone is going to be disappointed. The two teams are really really good. Also a lot of stupid shit can happen.......it's like life you never know what it has in store for you really.

Again looking at the Canes over at Cap Friendly. They really need to win this year because over the next couple years they're going to be bleeding a lot of important players. Every single defenseman 1 through 7 is going to be a UFA either this summer or next summer. 4 this year and 3 next. All those guys with the exception of DeAngelo and maybe the exception of Chatfield are going to get paid well and with term. Key forwards going UFA too and they're going to have to pay RFA's Jarvis and Necas big bucks. They're not going to be able to hold on to a major % of their team together. They're going to be cutting some bait. Like we did with Buchnevich for instance maybe X 3/4.

Would I give us the edge in this coming series? I don't know--maybe a little but some things will have to go right. Would I give them the edge---probably not but it's all close.

Reactions: JCProdigy

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Admins opened that door years ago. A decision I still to this day STRONGLY disagree with. Use that shit on this board, though, and watch what happens.

I know this won't be popular but almost no one uses it in the original manner it was used and most people don't even know where it came from or that particular meaning. Rangers fans are way too sensitive about this. Most people think Rags is just the Rangers' version of Pens or Isles. I don't understand why Rangers fans act like someone insulted their mother every time someone uses it. Do you guys think that a St. Louis Blues fan knows it means "on the rag"?

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Also, i've never seen any real Rangers fan use the term Rags when talking about the team. That's an insult and used by opposing fanbases to try to take a shot at the team. You'll be laughed out of NYC if you say the word Rags in front of a group of diehards at MSG. Rags doesn't even sound like Rangers so i never understood why people do it but clowns will be clowns. Rongos is stupid too when used by fans

My former boss is a Rangers fan and used the term Rags. Rags was invented as an insult in like 1998, the meaning has changed. No one's using the N word let's get a hold of ourselves, it's not that serious.

• Haha
Reactions: Chytilmania

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
IMG_2345.jpeg

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
People use “Rags” here all the time. I hate that one and “Rongos”. Actually I find childish insult names pretty stupid in all cases.
But irony is not, and the Rongos one serves it nicely
At least to my non native speaker's ear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad