Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Well, it’s Thursday, they havent annouced a game for Sunday and they would have by now. Guess we can assume game 1 will be Tuesday. (Apparently knicks have MSG game 1 if they advance)

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
RBA wisely used Dreger to get public word out so Canes fans would tell ownership they have to give him the bag, and it basically took 24 hours to get done, well played and deserved for RBA.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I briefly visited the Canes forum.

"I’m feeling Canes in 6. If we can shut down their PP, it could be over sooner, but missing Fast is going to make that more difficult."

So basically Carolina winnning in 5 or less is certain. Also, injuring Rempe should be a priority and targeting his knees seems to be the way to do it. Additionally l, Chytil should go to the morgue. Also (and quite ironically, coming from those same people) Rangers have the most despicable fan base of all teams in the NHL.

They really are insufferable. Just sweep those morons. I know it is unlikely, but just do it.
Bunch of taints over there….
They worried for 4 reasons mainly.
-we beat them last time in the playoffs with a worse team… Trochek is going to haunt them for not resigning him.
- this is their last go around with this group. It’s very possible they lose Skjei/Pesce and others in FA in the offseason. They are going to look a lot different next season, and this group has come up short so far. It’s their last act.
-NYR fans invade their building so it’s not even a home ice advantage when they play there( embarrassing)
- they know Rempe and the rest of our forwards are going to punish their players and finish their checks.
Tro/laf/kakko/cuylle/vesey/goodrow/ even kreids and Mika Might get a lil greasy…..
What are they going to do as a response? Hit us with their purse???
Cry to refs?( which is a given for them anyway)

get the puck deep and make their D pay a pound of flesh and a pint of blood on every dump in.
Skjei will get rattled and make mistakes. We have all seen enough years of that here, burns is old and brittle, he may fracture a hip.
TDA??? Chippy, but come on???
Punish Slavin…… as much as possible .

We’re not going to lose to these candy asses.
They have no beef in the line up and that not good in the playoffs….
The isles size gave them fits in the 1st round. If they were halfway decent, they could have upset the canes….
A lot of those 5 games could have went either way

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
We’re not going to lose to these candy asses.
They have no beef in the line up and that not good in the playoffs….
The isles size gave them fits in the 1st round. If they were halfway decent, they could have upset the canes….
A lot of those 5 games could have went either way
The icelanders were barely better than the caps this season and all they did was blow third period leads. The series easily should have gone 6 games. It won't be easy and I'd never say we're a lock to win anything, but we're the better team and honestly, it's disrespectful that we opened up as an underdog.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

BlueShirtGal

It's Hurricane season!
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 1

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
The Canes are mentally weak. TDA cost them the last series against us. Agitate them and play physical. Things should open up a bit and we should see more flow to the game. Which benefits us, and is partially why we looked sloppy vs the caps IMO.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
In his presser today Tro was rocking one of these babies with a 'NYR' logo embroidered on the side. I will pay One American Dollar if anyone knows where to buy one:

• Love

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
  • Love

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The icelanders were barely better than the caps this season and all they did was blow third period leads. The series easily should have gone 6 games. It won't be easy and I'd never say we're a lock to win anything, but we're the better team and honestly, it's disrespectful that we opened up as an underdog.
The Rangers have been disrespected all year on their way to 59 wins so far and that's just by people on this board. Maybe it will change after we beat Carolina.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
You mean the 2 Cups in 84 years crew? If we win it this year they’ll complain about 2 in 83 years.
Can't do anything about the past, but it was a lot less of a challenge to win in those days, and we still didn't.

What we need is a Blackhawks-type stretch. That will make the dubious history of this club a lot easier to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad