Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blasds

Feb 15, 2020
They have much better depth and no bad players in their lineup. Lines 3 & 4 and pairs 2 & 3 are going to be a mismatch. We should play Chytil.

Also, Panarin needs to prove he can play like he did in the regular season for us to have more high-end talent.

Jake Guentzel is the best forward in the series if players play up to their playoff resume and he kills us.

I mean, yeah sure, but it's better to have the puck than not have it.
If it were as you say, the score would not be 4:0.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Did any of their players get banged up? I.e. injured but not so bad that they are out. E.g. Oshie playing with broken hand. Obvs no way to know the exact nature of the injury at this point. I know Pesce and Fast are officially injured.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Guentzal has the best playoff resume of the group because he played shotgun to one of the greatest playoff performers of the modern era. He’s a good player but he’s not nearly the threat he’s being built up to be imo

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Guentzal has the best playoff resume of the group because he played shotgun to one of the greatest playoff performers of the modern era. He’s a good player but he’s not nearly the threat he’s being built up to be imo
He does love to play the Rangers, though.

Reactions: Vaheh

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kinda pathetic that the #1 and #3 team in the entire regular season have to play each other in the 2nd round

Can we please go back to the old playoff format?
Huh? There shouldn’t be a bad team left once you get through first round. The other Eastern semifinal will be FL vs Boston or Toronto so there should be no complaints here about match ups. The West will be just as stacked.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
This is going to be a tough series but we knew it was inevitable. Personally, I'd go Rangers in 7 with a gun to my head but could certainly make a case for the Canes.

I'll leave this graphic for everyone to compare to the Rangers current forward group:

20240430_163744.jpg

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
This is going to be a tough series but we knew it was inevitable. Personally, I'd go Rangers in 7 with a gun to my head but could certainly make a case for the Canes.

I'll leave this graphic for everyone to compare to the Rangers current forward group:

View attachment 862806
Is Drury really a better center than Necas? And boy, Kotkaniemi hasn’t put it together yet

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Jake Guentzel is the best forward in the series if players play up to their playoff resume and he kills us.
What? I take all of Panarin, Kreider, Mika and Trocheck over Guentzel any day of the week. Hard for him to live up to his “playoff resume” without Sid as his center.

We all have PTSD. I do too. We expect to lose.

The Ranger are a better team than Carolina.

Last edited:

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Huh? There shouldn’t be a bad team left once you get through first round. The other Eastern semifinal will be FL vs Boston or Toronto so there should be no complaints here about match ups. The West will be just as stacked.
I think you missed my point, im just saying us and Carolina finished as 2 of the top 3 teams in the entire regular season. I didn’t say any bad teams would be left.

I also can’t stand having to play within your conference for 2 rounds but that’s just me

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Carolina has a more weaving attack than past years, and that's the thing that worries me most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad