Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash

Dec 19, 2006
They have more talent than we do. Look at the lineups. If I have to explain it, then we're just not going to agree.

The book on the Canes has always been "yeah muhanalyticz but they can't actually score." They can score. They're a lot more skilled than previous iterations of the team and they have a working powerplay now.

We can certainly win this series. I also don't think it's unfair that Vegas has us as a slight underdog. I don't really care about 3 regular season points.
Just believe me guys!!!11

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Congrats on making it to the second round. You handled business and tonight I hope we do the same. I look forward to the challenge you guys possess especially on the special teams. I believe we were the only two teams in the league in the top five for both power play and penalty kill. Igor is going to be a difficult challenge, the growth of K'Andre has been good to see, and if your second line gets going you'll be difficult to stop. I still remember how good that game in March was and I hope we get more of that. Take care and see you soon.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The X Factor here is going to be if Brett Pesce can go. If Pesce can’t go, they are going to be forced to give minutes to 77

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Vegas having us as an underdog in a series that isn't even set in stone yet because the Canes have to beat the islanders, is certifiably insane. Bulletin board material for our guys and I love it.

If the Rangers lose this series it would be a massive disappointment on our end. Canes aren't a special team.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The X Factor here is going to be if Brett Pesce can go. If Pesce can’t go, they are going to be forced to give minutes to 77
This is the big glowing weak spot for me.

DeAgenlo couldn't defend if you gave him a gun. I would have our top guys out there against him as much as possible.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

DeAgenlo couldn't defend if you gave him a gun. I would have our top guys out there against him as much as possible.

Mika flipping his stick out of his hand in Game 3 2 years ago and Kreider scoring while Tony complained to the ref mid-play was *chef's kiss*

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Carolina is obviously one of the best teams in the league but I think we actually match up pretty well with them stylistically. A series with them is pretty much a coin flip, sure, but they're beatable.

I think our ability to create confusion in the O zone and league best east/west passing I think it makes us a tough matchup for their man on man D system.

Two keys will be 1. playing tight defensively and not allowing the rush chances and 2. staying out of the box. Can't bleed PPs against like we did vs Washington, Carolina's PP is very good.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I do think there's a lot of validity to the argument that we more guys that can take over (although you guys are sleeping on Guentzel big time).

I know Igor and Fox will, and Zibanejad seems like he's hot.

Panarin has to dominate this series for us to win.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I do think there's a lot of validity to the argument that we more guys that can take over (although you guys are sleeping on Guentzel big time).

I know Igor and Fox will, and Zibanejad seems like he's hot.

Panarin has to dominate this series for us to win.

I dont think people are sleeping on Guentzel, but we beat him when he was on Crosby's wing. We can beat him on Aho's too.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kinda f***ing crazy that you win the President's Trophy and get Carolina in round 2 followed by probably Flordia, and have to beat the two best teams in the East.

We should be getting Boston who I honestly wouldn't even flinch at. That team is nothing.

System sucks.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

That is the exhaust port in their Death Star. They have him playing with Skjei right now and it looks how you would think it does. DeAngelo also absolutely cannot play with Orlov. Trying DeAngelo with Orlov at the start of the season instead of playing Chatfield probably cost the Canes the Presidents Trophy

Burns defense is cratering too but you can put anyone with Slavin; BUT you can only put one player with Slavin at a time. If we can get the Canes on the back foot having to switch around their D set up, that’s our best route to winning this series.

They change their forward lines up all the time so that won’t be a factor. They are very deep and very flexible.

The Rangers win this series if they can impact Canes D group.

The Canes win this series if the Rangers regret not acquiring Guentzel

Reactions: HolyHagelin

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Carolina has to be the most annoying team in the league to play against, just because it seems like there is zero time to take a second and make a play. Constantly pressing, constantly moving. But that in some ways benefits the Rangers who want to create passing lanes by drawing players to them and then stretching the ice.

Both teams are better than they were in 2022. Carolina has a great PP now which makes this matchup a bit scarier than it was back then. But even with guentzel they still don’t score 5v5. For all the possession and zone time. It’s going to be imperative for the rangers5o stay disciplined.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Just read Oshie broke his hand on a Rempe hit. That’s 2 players in 4 games he pretty much knocked out of the series on clean hits. He made a massive impact in that series with only a handful of minutes a night. His value is actually insane.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Carolina has to be the most annoying team in the league to play against, just because it seems like there is zero time to take a second and make a play. Constantly pressing, constantly moving. But that in some ways benefits the Rangers who want to create passing lanes by drawing players to them and then stretching the ice.

Both teams are better than they were in 2022. Carolina has a great PP now which makes this matchup a bit scarier than it was back then. But even with guentzel they still don’t score 5v5. For all the possession and zone time. It’s going to be imperative for the rangers5o stay disciplined.
Yeah, you're right.

I mentioned them being weaker now, literally just because Trocheck switched teams.

They're definitely weaker at center but better overall due to the the improvement in special teams.

So are we due to the improvement in everything. That 2022 team was adorable but holy shit.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Still, you don't sound like you're ready for all that. You think this is gonna be easy.

Trust me I know what to expect. I'm not going to apologize for having confidence over a team we are better than and have beaten before when they havent even joined us in the 2nd round yet. The Islanders are pathetic and they are still lucky its not 2-2 right now.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Trust me I know what to expect. I'm not going to apologize for having confidence over a team we are better than and have beaten before when they havent even joined us in the 2nd round yet. The Islanders are pathetic and they are still lucky its not 2-2 right now.
We beat them in 2022. It's not 2022.

This is the same thing as everyone annoying me with their crying over potentially having to face Kucherov and his 20 friends he got off the street.

Just like Tampa sucks now, this isn't the Carolina team we beat.

Reactions: DanielBrassard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad