Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I'm pretty positive about this series. Obviously, Carolina is a good team with a lot of depth and great coaching. However...
  • Brind'Amour's style has them playing playoff style hockey all year. We still finished higher in the standings than them.
  • Carolina's high shot volume style should give Igor the opportunity to lock in.
  • We have the three best hockey players in the series in Fox, Shesterkin, and Panarin.
Rangers in six.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Most of the time the bookies got a good hunch. I guess we truly are the underdogs in this one.

Bookies don't use hunches. They have better info than us and crunch numbers.

The scariest part of the bookies' position on this series is that their sole interest is to try and get equal amounts into their pockets no matter which side wins.

When you figure in that there are a fair number of gamblers who bet with their heart rather than with their head and more of them would likely bet on the Rangers, the fact that Carolina is favored may mean that the sharper gamblers are on Carolina.

The good news for the Rangers is that bookies and the very few sharp gamblers (figure around 1%) make money on the totality of it all. In any given game, they can easily win or lose.

I swear ESPN never misses an opportunity to shaft us with Ferraro.

His anti-Rangers bias is palpable.

Do you really believe that ESPN is using Ferraro to shaft the Rangers fans?

Reactions: CasusBelli

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Our 5v5 play sucks and their PP is even better than ours. Going to be hard for us to win in anything besides 7 games but that's what I think will happen.

Reactions: CasusBelli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad