GDT: Rangers vs Canes - "Here I am. Tanking like a Hurricane?" Edition - 3/12/18 - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
echoing what I wrote in another thread, team is butter soft and deathly afraid of grinding. would rather reverse the puck 3 times in their own zone and get hemmed in

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Why does it always have to be an extreme?

You get attacked around here for thinking ADA will be a solid middle pairing D in the NHL.
It’s not an attack. Defensively he stinks. He’s proven nothing. He does anything that’s not awful and their is an extreme positive reaction.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Vesey can't be on a PP. blind passes to no one at an angle that no one would ever be at. so weak on the puck

why do they let him do anything other than sit in front

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
Brutal shift by Vesey, dude is cheeks. That's one guy who needs to be dumped.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yeah that whole defensive unit is freakin awesome. Many a future Hall of Famer on it.
When are you going to give the sarcastic naive posts a break? You make excuses for some and bash others. Take the garbage whining elsewhere.

AV needs to go and there needs to be patience with certain players during this rebuild. ADA, Buch, Skjei. They will continue to develop.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
@Machinehead btw, check the Brooksie article I posted in the Hank thread. He calls out AV in an interesting way which leads me to believe AV is 100% toast at the end of the season.

Can’t. ****ing. Wait.

That's encouraging.

I don't agree with Larry often but his sources are second to none.

member 116805

@Machinehead btw, check the Brooksie article I posted in the Hank thread. He calls out AV in an interesting way which leads me to believe AV is 100% toast at the end of the season.

Can’t. ****ing. Wait.
The one where Av wanted to stay Pat and kick the can? Lol

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It’s not an attack. Defensively he stinks. He’s proven nothing. He does anything that’s not awful and their is an extreme positive reaction.

"Damn he was on the ice for a goal against" is an extreme positive reaction?

Shit, I better calm my ass down.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I would say Reijo isnt exactly wrong, there's undue praise here all the time for ADA, Buch, Pionk among certain people.

Zuccarello can protect the puck 1 on 3 and make a scoring chance and you never hear it. Everyones got their favorites.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
It's amazing that when DeAngelo got with our number one unit on the PP the number one unit became our 2nd unit. You just can't make that stuff up.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Vesey has to be played in the right roles. 2nd PP unit is fine as long as the play isnt going through him. He needs to be parked in front of the net. 3rd/4th line winger. He needs to play with forwards that can drive possession, retrieve pucks and get them to the net. He can be a very, very useful player but we dont have the right tools to put around him or vice versa.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I will say that Buchnevich very rarely wows with a play, but he's still quite productive.

Could be noise, but it's more likely he has really good offensive instincts and sense. If he were American I think the attitude to him would be different. Though he's not nearly as good as the Russo-philes make out.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
It's amazing that when DeAngelo got with our number one unit on the PP the number one unit became our 2nd unit. You just can't make that stuff up.

He tries to do way too much. And people see that and think it's gonna turn into greatness because it kinda looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad