Confirmed with Link: Rangers trade Ethan Werek to Phoenix for Oscar Lindberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Lindberg is a guy that is a very solid defense-first centreman. Known for playing a solid two way game.

His offense/numbers won't blow you away, but this kid could one day be a very solid 3rd line center.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
According to another poster on the trade board, Lindberg had a VERY solid playoff in the SEL this year. Seems to be improving...bit of an odd time to trade him if you are the Yotes.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
It would've been nice to have Werek, but eh. We have a lot of prospects that can fill the hole.

Also, could Werek have refused to sign a contract (I'm assuming that he could have). Perhaps he didn't want to be in the Rangers org, saw that we were too congested.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I don't understand this trade at all. I haven't seen Werek play, but from what I understand he was a solid prospect? are we just doing more favors for Phoenix? maybe Werek didn't want to sign.

CH2

Jun 23, 2009
NYC
It would've been nice to have Werek, but eh. We have a lot of prospects that can fill the hole.

Also, could Werek have refused to sign a contract (I'm assuming that he could have). Perhaps he didn't want to be in the Rangers org, saw that we were too congested.

I'm thinking he fell out with management with his discipline problems in the OHL.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Maybe I'm wrong but Werek seemed to have injury problems the last couple years. The other concern was he wasn't the fastest skater and his scoring while good had pretty much plateaued his draft year.

Lindberg--another 2nd rounder seems to have good size, a decent amount of aggression and 14 points as a 18 year old in the SEL doesn't seem bad either. The face-off thing looks pretty good as well. Wondering if he's a quicker or faster skater than Werek?

Either team could win this one or maybe they'll both turn out to be equal. Just looking at it from right now I'm okay with the trade.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine

video of him with a hit, not sure if the NHL would call that a blindside hit

he's swedish, maybe lundqvist knows him and knows some things about him and passed it on to management

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/oscar_lindberg

he is only 19, will be 20 in october

goal against USA, didn't give up on the play when he couldn't get the original shot but followed it up with a second and made it count, good second effort

I watched some other youtube videos but couldn't make him out in any.

FACEOFFS
He recorded the league's best faceoff percentage in 2008-09 (63.4), 2009-10 (60.4) and 2010-11 (69.6).
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=562257

I'm interested to see if they sign him and how he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad