Confirmed with Link: Rangers Trade Adam Cracknell for Peter Holland

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think that Holland has another year left on his contract. He’s a good stash away option for next season if we need a good depth piece

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Holland experience from a Coyote fan. He'll tease you with 2-3 good games at the beginning and then the warts start to show. Doesn't back check, doesn't battle along the boards and is lazy. Those things show up at the worst possible times, he'll cost the Rangers at least a game or 2.

Enjoy the 2-3 good games, hope Zib gets healthy and then send back to the AHL for good.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Don't see an upgrade here at all.

But it doesn't really matter. I'd rather see Letteri in over either one of them anyway.
I'd rather see Letteiri in the NHL as well, but this is definitely an upgrade.

Holland is 26, Cracknell is 32.

This season in the AHL:

Holland: 20GP, 8g 10a 18p

Cracknell: 15GP 2g 1a 3p

NHL career totals:

Holland: 243GP 35G 46A 81P

Cracknell: 208GP 21G 22A 43P

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Don't worry, I'm just teasing :laugh:

Lol the US. Glad I don't have to waste time on them this World Cup tbh.

Hahaha. I really could not care less about the Dutch national football team. It's not even a top-5 sport to me. It's behind hockey, cricket, rugby, gridiron, hurling and gaelic football

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hahaha. I really could not care less about the Dutch national football team. It's not even a top-5 sport to me. It's behind hockey, cricket, rugby, gridiron, hurling and gaelic football

Cricket is cool!

Me and my dad watched it the one time it came on in America and we had a hell of a time.

I only understand like 60% of it, but I still had fun.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Cricket is cool!

Me and my dad watched it the one time it came on in America and we had a hell of a time.

I only understand like 60% of it, but I still had fun.

I felt that way about my wife when we got married haha. But seriously, cricket is fun to watch. Americans don't like it because they can't call themselves world champions when they win their domestic league ;)

Reactions: Machinehead

Sean Aviary

Chirp! Chirp!
Jan 5, 2012
Holland experience from a Coyote fan. He'll tease you with 2-3 good games at the beginning and then the warts start to show. Doesn't back check, doesn't battle along the boards and is lazy. Those things show up at the worst possible times, he'll cost the Rangers at least a game or 2.

Enjoy the 2-3 good games, hope Zib gets healthy and then send back to the AHL for good.

This sounds like the opposite of what we were told about Adam Cracknell. I'm excited!

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I don't see this as a bad trade at all.

There's really no way to lose the trade.

We traded an older AHL player who's not having a very productive year for a quality AHL player who can play in the NHL if needed. From what fans of his former teams have said, he'll wow you for 2 or 3 games and then disappear at the NHL level, so I wouldn't expect highway robbery here, but the deal does favor us even if he remains at the AHL level.

If nothing else, it adds a little extra to the Wolfpack, who could use some more scoring. If he doesn't pan out, he gets waived next year.

Reactions: torirose1998

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Lots of great minor league players and first-round picks cannot take their games to the major league level for whatever reason. This guy has been around a few years. Like the previous poster said, it's a no-lose trade; we traded younger and theoretically a player with a wider skill set than Cracknell, who wasn't going to do anything here. It's a cracking trade, really. Holland may be a project for AV and staff to try and crack if he gets the call up. Who knows, Holland might be lights out if put in the right situation here? Might be the path to NY and success.

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
Rangers got better value but in the grand scheme of things, meaningless move.

Gorton should have addressed the center position better than the DD signing (Andersson and Chytil were not going to be the answer THIS season). The team was thin down the middle and now we are emaciated.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Rangers got better value but in the grand scheme of things, meaningless move.

Gorton should have addressed the center position better than the DD signing (Andersson and Chytil were not going to be the answer THIS season). The team was thin down the middle and now we are emaciated.

I still think its important that we give the kids in HFD a little better support. Tambs does not have a flattering record as a top center for that team. Our 2nd line center is a young 18 y/o. Since Gernander was kicked they try to play hockey there, its not easy with half weak roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad