Confirmed with Link: Rangers Trade Adam Cracknell for Peter Holland

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
AHL move, exciting! :)

He has 11 pts in 40 games with ARI, Peter H. - do u think he will get a chance on our 4th line? :)

It can`t hurt - Paul C. has 1 pts in 13 games - I hope they rest him if that is the case.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He has only 675k cap hit - sweet Gordon upgraded our 4th line!! :)

Push Nieves on the left wing - Holland - J. Fast/Vesey

I like Fast back on the Hayes line - 3 goals in 2 games.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Works for us, but why? Something I'm not seeing?

Holland looks like he could actually contribute. Cracknell looks to be pretty close to done.
Could be a situation where Bergevin promised Holland to move him to give him another shot in the NHL because the Habs had no plans of ever using him and wanted Cracknell in return to replace Holland on their AHL squad.

Holland is a good 4th liner, he's better than Carey. Hopefully he's a good fit.

Reactions: TheTakedown and Ori

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Could be a situation where Bergevin promised Holland to move him to give him another shot in the NHL because the Habs had no plans of ever using him and wanted Cracknell in return to replace Holland on their AHL squad.

Holland is a good 4th liner, he's better than Carey. Hopefully he's a good fit.

Makes the most sense.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Why did we have to wait until 2 months into the season to start bringing in real bottom players to try to fit in the bottom 6?

I like the effort to fix the depth problem, but damn, it'd work better if we'd brought some guys into training camp and kept the ones that fit best, rather than playing tryout musical chairs with guys while the season is ongoing.

Reactions: kovazub94

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think it's move worth making.

At the very least, Holland potentially brings more to the Pack than Cracknell was going to.

At the very best, perhaps he works out as a fourth line option.

Peter Holland is one of those players who hasn't quite figured out what kind of pro he is. He's built like a power center, but he doesn't necessarily player a power center's game.

He is a solid AHL point producer, but that's never quite translated to the NHL. He's aware of things on the ice, but he never quite transformed his game like a Brian Boyle type.

Reactions: Ori

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
Depth with NHL experience. Do not expect much. Looking at stats his +/- is not too good but that is a deceiving metric. I see no issue with Boo at present and happy to leave him as 4C.
Would not mind seeing if Lettieri on 4 to replace Carey

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Seems like a Puempel replacement. Good for the Wolfpack, can be called up in a pinch

Reactions: Edge

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Seems like a Puempel replacement. Good for the Wolfpack, can be called up in a pinch

That's what I take it as for right now.

Also worth noting that I believe the second year of his contract is one-way. That might also be a reason The Habs were willing to trade him for Cracknell.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
With Zibanejad out I wouldn't be surprised to see Holland in our lineup tomorrow. Just saying--the best other call up option for a center is Chytil. If Holland can find a niche with the Rangers he could save his career. There's something in it for him. I just don't understand what Montreal wants with Cracknell. He was horrible for us and wasn't doing shit in Hartford. Holland is at the least a very good AHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->