Confirmed with Link: Rangers to sign Austin Rueschhoff (F) from WMU to 2-year ELC

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
This is an interesting signing. Let’s see if he can crack the pack next year as a player with that size and a bit of skill on that 4th line can go a long way. Seems like he’s a real “hog molly” in the words of Dave Gettleman.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
A little late, but for anyone who’s interested, Pronman has Rueschhoff as an “NHL prospect.” Anyone familiar with Pronman’s rankings knows that he’s a lot more strict this year than last year, and that being listed as an “NHL prospect” means more than last year. Wasn’t expecting much out of Rueschhoff, but this intrigues me and kind of gives me some hope:

Austin Rueschhoff, RW, Western Michigan-NCHC: Rueschhoff is a huge forward with a good skill level who also has a very good shot. His feet need a lot of work but he has a toolkit that I think could make noise at the higher levels if he adjusts to the pace.”

Not sure if order means anything, but he’s the 2nd prospect out of 11 listed under “NHL prospects” after Hajek. Guys like Lundkvist, Kravtsov, Miller, etc. are in higher tiers obviously (such as high-end prospect, legit prospect, etc.).

With this recent draft more focused on size, the Edstrom pick, and the Rueschhoff signing, the Rangers are probably thinking that at least one of them makes it. I like the mentality.

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Beef bus?
I have so, many questions......
Is that a bus full of beef or a bus made of beef or a beef flavored bus or a bus with beef written on the side?

Very thought provoking post
It’s a motherf***ing bus thats carefully constructed with actual bits and pieces of beef, filled with beef that has even more beef, beefed inside of it.

A cheesy beef if you can imagine it.

tAu5e5.gif

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Beef bus?
Is that a bus full of beef or a bus made of beef or a beef flavored bus or a bus with beef written on the side?

Pretty sure it’s a stripped down school bus filled with cows and hay. It has no driver’s seat. Instead, there are holes in the floor for the cows to stand, hooves on the pavement. The cows are harnessed-up, and propel the bus forward...whenever they f***ing want.

This is how the cows apport themselves from work to the beach when they have holiday time off.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Pretty sure it’s a stripped down school bus filled with cows and hay. It has no driver’s seat. Instead, there are holes in the floor for the cows to stand, hooves on the pavement. The cows are harnessed-up, and propel the bus forward...whenever they f***ing want.

This is how the cows apport themselves from work to the beach when they have holiday time off.
I liked my idea more. Especially since it contained cheese..

F*ck off, Vegan. :P

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Beef bus?

I know of a Bloodhound Gang song where they talk about parking the beef bus in tuna town, but I am sure that's not what he was talking about

Reactions: Miamipuck

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
The problem with NCAA kids is you can't really gauge how good they are... Dwight Helminen either won or was a Hobey Baker finalist who went on to play a few ECHL games IIRC.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
The problem with NCAA kids is you can't really gauge how good they are... Dwight Helminen either won or was a Hobey Baker finalist who went on to play a few ECHL games IIRC.

Helminen was never a finalist but the point still stands. but you can say that about any league...lots of times top scorers in the CHL as overagers amount to nothing too (see Christian Thomas)

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
It’s a motherf***ing bus thats carefully constructed with actual bits and pieces of beef, filled with beef that has even more beef, beefed inside of it.

A cheesy beef if you can imagine it.

tAu5e5.gif
I read this in Samuel Jackson's voice and sarcastic intonation.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This applies to any league.

There are guys killing it in foreign leagues that were borderline AHL/ECHL guys here. Or guys that are killing it there now that will never have a successful professional career over here. Look at guys like Meskanen and Lindqvist that we recently signed after they had big numbers in Sweden and they can't translate it. Or Bereglazov and potentially Rykov.

There are tons of guys in the CHL leagues that post gaudy numbers and never do anything. Remember Michael St. Croix? 200 points combined in his final two WHL seasons? ECHL guy. Brendan Shinnimin was in our camp and posted 134 points in his last WHL season. He wasn't drafted, was a borderline pro here, and then went to become a good SHL player.

I mean literally pick any league you want and there are tons of guys who post big numbers who aren't legitimate pro prospects.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Quick-scrolling through HF and I thought this was a new signing, not realizing that this was my own thread from earlier this year lol.

Anyways...love to have a kid that we can nickname "The Hoff"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad