Speculation: Rangers to make a trade soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
"Jeff Gorton told Larry Brooks that if a young player proves that he is ready to play in the NHL than the team will make "whatever roster moves are necessary" to make that happen. (NY Post)"

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Chytil-Hayes-Zuc
Vlad-Andersson-Spooner
Vesey-?-Fast

(Meskanen)
(Ronning)
(Lindqvist)
(Howden)
(Holland)
(McLeod sadly)

Seems either for once the Rangers will have a pretty solid farm team or moves must be made to have the kids play. The team surprisingly has a lot of depth up and down the lineup just too much of top 9 and fringe top 6 guys. Rather trade some or pair up two for a more standout player. Thoughts on either root for a trade or have a more developed farm team this year?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
May aswell delete this ... if a kid doesn’t make it then Holland , Belesky , McLeod stick around and if they do then some of these scraps are waived and clear to the AHL

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
"Jeff Gorton told Larry Brooks that if a young player proves that he is ready to play in the NHL than the team will make "whatever roster moves are necessary" to make that happen. (NY Post)"

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Chytil-Hayes-Zuc
Vlad-Andersson-Spooner
Vesey-?-Fast

(Meskanen)
(Ronning)
(Lindqvist)
(Howden)
(Holland)
(McLeod sadly)

Seems either for once the Rangers will have a pretty solid farm team or moves must be made to have the kids play. The team surprisingly has a lot of depth up and down the lineup just too much of top 9 and fringe top 6 guys. Rather trade some or pair up two for a more standout player. Thoughts on either root for a trade or have a more developed farm team this year?

Most of the younger guys are waiver exempt. Depending upon camp, I'd expect the majority to start in Hartford and I'd expect the Rangers to give them as much time as they need. The organization has already said they don't want any prospects in a tough spot. We're in no rush, and we have enough guys to actually ice a full NHL and AHL roster. Definitely won't win anything, though. The said, Chytil, Andersson, Lindqvist, and Meskanen could definitely have some good shots at claiming a spot.

NHL
Kreider - Zib - Buch
Spooner - Hayes- Fast
Vesey - Namestnikov - Zuccarello
Beleskey - Holland - McLeod

AHL (Some combo of: )
Meskanen - Chytil - Lindqvist
Nieves - Andersson - Ronning
Gropp - Howden - Lettieri
Gettinger - Fontaine - Fogarty

Schneider
Leedahl

Reactions: Off Sides

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Most of the younger guys are waiver exempt. Depending upon camp, I'd expect the majority to start in Hartford and I'd expect the Rangers to give them as much time as they need. The organization has already said they don't want any prospects in a tough spot. We're in no rush, and we have enough guys to actually ice a full NHL and AHL roster. Definitely won't win anything, though. The said, Chytil, Andersson, Lindqvist, and Meskanen could definitely have some good shots at claiming a spot.

NHL
Kreider - Zib - Buch
Spooner - Hayes- Fast
Vesey - Namestnikov - Zuccarello
Beleskey - Holland - McLeod

AHL (Some combo of: )
Meskanen - Chytil - Lindqvist
Nieves - Andersson - Ronning
Gropp - Howden - Lettieri
Gettinger - Fontaine - Fogarty

Schneider
Leedahl

Only way Chytil isn't in the lienup to start the year is if he's injured or had an abysmal camp.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
And I thought the opposite. Considering they’re retooling/rebuilding or whatever you want to call it I think it’s a forward group that can hold their own and can grow/improve together.

It's solid and can punch above its weight class, but the established players I find somewhat unremarkable and likely headed for the downslide just as the new class really gears up. To each their own, of course.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
The only one I could see losing his job for a more promising young player is Vesey. Not that Vesey is worthless, it just seem like he is someone worth holding on to over a kid with more potential.

Vesey just doesnt look like anything special

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Staal. Hajek has been playing at a very high level from all reports. Staal had a good year last season. One of the few that did. My guess is they can move him if he agrees to a trade. They might have to retain a little of his salary but he could really help a contender whose has a defense that is not all that great. Rangers are loaded with talented, lefty defenseman prospects in the minors.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Then.

Roster moves don't automatically mean trades, but the players most likely to be traded at some point this year are Zucc, Hayes, Namestnikov and Spooner. I'm sure Gorton would trade Smith and/or Staal if the opportunity presents itself, but I don't know that there is a market for either. Yes, we could retain, but both have 3 years left. I'm not sure there's a team out there that will be willing to take on either player at that term, regardless of how much we retain.

Reactions: Off Sides

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Rangers will not make any sudden moves , probably wait til the trade deadline then unload Zuuc, Hayes and maybe Spooner ,Names

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
This isn't really news.

There is a bunch of guys at the bottom of the roster who are waiver fodder like Holland, McLeod, etc.

However, the Rangers will be dealing vets away at some points this season namely Zuccarello. Hayes will also likely be dealt and then maybe even Kreider. The Rangers have made it clear since last summer they're rebuilding with the Stepan, Nash, McDonagh moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->