GDT: Rangers @ the Fortress 7pm. Return of Reaves, Gerard Gallant

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Assuming we don't lose Smith if we Kucherov Eichel (and with Pacioretty not back for 2 more months, how about these lines:

Stone-Eichel-Pacioretty
Smith-Stephenson-Marchessault
Dadonov-Karlsson-Janmark
Carrier-Roy-take your pick of plugs

Colorado-VGK series would be titanic - result might depend on whose goalie is worse, I like our defense and goalie better than theirs (Makar is sensational but I like our depth much better).

Eichel is not getting Kucherov'd. He'll be back in a little over a month. At this point our best hope on the LTIR front is Pacioretty. Sounds like he won't be out til the playoffs so moves will have to be made.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Eichel is not getting Kucherov'd. He'll be back in a little over a month. At this point our best hope on the LTIR front is Pacioretty. Sounds like he won't be out til the playoffs so moves will have to be made.

1. I'm admittedly not a capology expert - can we just sit some players for games later on in late March/April so they're on board for the playoffs, or does their salary count if they're on the active roster?

2. If we have to trade someone, I might consider trading Martinez - he's older, is a 4.4 million player and is probably useful but we have enough back there (we have not appreciably missed him for 22+ games). I'd frankly hate to lose Smith, even though he's a UFA, he adds so much as an all-around player though I'd wish for a few more goals from him. And I may have to reassess Janmark for what he's making he's looking like he's worth it lately.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
1. I'm admittedly not a capology expert - can we just sit some players for games later on in late March/April so they're on board for the playoffs, or does their salary count if they're on the active roster?

2. If we have to trade someone, I might consider trading Martinez - he's older, is a 4.4 million player and is probably useful but we have enough back there (we have not appreciably missed him for 22+ games). I'd frankly hate to lose Smith, even though he's a UFA, he adds so much as an all-around player though I'd wish for a few more goals from him. And I may have to reassess Janmark for what he's making he's looking like he's worth it lately.

1. Players have to legitimately be injured to be placed on LTIR. You can't just sit players to create space.

2. Martinez is a no go for me. His game will be needed in the playoffs, regular season not so much. I don't want to see Smith go but after Dadonov he makes the most sense. Without a season ending injury for one of the big contracts it's going to take waiving any extras, plus one 5m+ guy and one of Janmark/Mcnabb.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
1. Players have to legitimately be injured to be placed on LTIR. You can't just sit players to create space.

2. Martinez is a no go for me. His game will be needed in the playoffs, regular season not so much. I don't want to see Smith go but after Dadonov he makes the most sense. Without a season ending injury for one of the big contracts it's going to take waiving any extras, plus one 5m+ guy and one of Janmark/Mcnabb.

If we have to lose a 5 mil player, for me it's Martinez>Dadanov>Smith. I just hope the management thought through how'd they do this before trading for Eichel. I also know Eichel wants to return in February, but here's the reality for both Eichel and Pacioretty. When you have scar tissue, no matter your age, about 90% of the healing takes place in the first 2-3 weeks, and 99% healing takes place in a little less than 3 months. Eichel had surgery on 11/12 (I know, it's by birthday), which means he could be ready by mid-February, though I'd prefer he wait a little longer, especially as the season is extended this year until end of April and we donb't really need him to make the post-season. Pacioretty had surgery I believe the end of December, which makes his return date late in March. Exactly how that might change things, as I said, I'm not a capologist, but I know medicine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad