Rangers statement on Wilson non-suspension

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
He’s exactly who they should put in the lineup tomorrow.

Tomorrow's game is going to be heavily watched, warned, and controlled.

The NHL already made a big mistake, but they aren't dumb. The Bertuzzi incident was the retaliation to Steve Moore on Naslund. Don't hold your breath for anything more than a single answer the bell fight.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

The NHL already made a big mistake, but they aren't dumb. The Bertuzzi incident was the retaliation to Steve Moore on Naslund. Don't hold your breath for anything more than a single answer the bell fight.

It's on NBCSN too :laugh:

This season is so damn dramatic.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
Those are both ridiculously dirty plays which could have caused major injury. What was an enforce going to do during a powerplay lmao. Wilson still does his antics even with teams who have enforcers
I understand where he is coming from. I also like the statement from the Rangers. We aren't built like that, but damn bring up a couple of goons and just have them finish their checks on their star players. Let's see how the NHL reacts to that.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
tomorrow when the NHL fines the rangers $100K, Dolan should write a check for $1 mil with a public statement requesting that the league put the extra money towards paying some of the medical bills of former players that suffered from head injuries that the NHL failed to protect them from, some of who may have been the victim of George Parros during his playing days lol

You're creative, I like that.

Reactions: DuneGoon84

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014

Who do you think is going to drop the gloves and square up with Wilson tomm night? Smith?

Reactions: GAGLine

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Rangers can still make trades but players are not eligible for Playoffs. Could have amassed a mighty fine squad for tomorrow’s game, with the support of many of the other teams by using the “future considerations” designation, instead of that whining letter that is just going to cause a lot of trouble.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if Bettman is there.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I never really advocate tit-for-tat but at this point I'm low-bridging Backstrom and taking repeated two-handers at Ovechkin's ankles.

One of these days someone will go Simon on Wilson's Hollweg, and not one person outside of DC will feel any remorse.

IF they were gonna retaliate (and I don't think they should), it should be during a "scrum". Just grab one of them from behind and slewfoot them. The league would be 100% at fault for setting that precedent.

Reactions: egelband

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Blues fan here - love the statement. JD doesn’t mess around. I’m still astonished by the complete lack of awareness by the NHL - if Panarin didn’t twist his body slightly, he may not be alive today. The NHL looks at the result and not that action, which is nonsensical.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
I think the NHL knows Wilson is a problem, knows this was handled poorly, and knows a harsh punishment will only cause further backlash. I think the outrage from across the sport is pretty tangible.

I bet they fine the Rangers a couple hundred thousand, release a statement supporting Parros and the DPS, and then move on. And nothing else happens in the short term.
Damn , this sucks but it's too predictable. You are right.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
The league is only half of the problem. NHLPA is the other half. They protect the worst of their members at the expense of their best and most marketable. Both the league and NHLPA own this stupidity.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012

3ra2ny.png

shnagle

Apr 27, 2003
NYC
Visit site
Love this statement by the Rangers. I think it's brilliant and really puts the NHL in a tough spot of their own making. The so-called Department of player safety fined and addressed the Buchnevich issue but issued no statement whatsoever regarding the incident with Panarin. By doing so they have set a precedent which essentially allows teams to take whatever liberties they want with any star player after the whistle. Former enforcer John Scott said as much in the best take I have seen on the entire incident. If the NHL wants to go after the Rangers they are going to have to take the legal and public stance that they condone what happened, reinforcing the precedent set by Parros. Look, we all know the Dept of player safety has been a joke but by calling them out publicly it forces the league to take a stance on the issue. Does the NHL really want to take that stance?

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Caps fans are being real assholes about this. If anyone decides to sport a Wilson jersey to MSG anytime soon they should wear a few beers for the audacity.
This shouldn't surprise you. Their tune would change drastically if another teams' goon tried to injure Backstrom or Ovechkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad