Rangers statement on Wilson non-suspension

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Excellent idea from CarBombBoom13, what is the PA going to give up to have the league add stiffer penalties?

Let's start by asking the Capitals players association representative.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Ricklongisland

May 31, 2016
New York
The Rangers organization did the right thing issuing this statement. Guys like Wilson should not be skating around taking liberties on other players. Something has to be done about this. It’s a shame Gorton and Davidson were let go. They were starting to turn the Rangers into the right direction.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
So, end of the day, no penalty for the Rangers?

(self-inflicted, notwithstanding).

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What’s the worst that can happen with a statement like that?
Haha. Well, we’re not talking about losing a draft pick. The league couldn’t do that as a penalty for something non-material like an angry statement. So it’s - if anything - gonna be a fine. And if they haven’t done that yet, I think they’re not gonna do it. Probably there is more back room support for scrutinizing the disciplinary process than we know. I’m guessssssing.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If indeed JD and JG were “against” “the statement”...I’d wonder why. Or is it just a power thing. Jd didn’t want to be pushed into it. Could be. Anyhow, again, just speculating.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Haha. Well, we’re not talking about losing a draft pick. The league couldn’t do that as a penalty for something non-material like an angry statement. So it’s - if anything - gonna be a fine. And if they haven’t done that yet, I think they’re not gonna do it. Probably there is more back room support for scrutinizing the disciplinary process than we know. I’m guessssssing.
I HOPE. I REALLY HOPE. That the fine is more than $5,000. I dare them.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
There may be a monetary fine to follow but I remain of the belief that the principal punishment has already been meted out.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
If indeed JD and JG were “against” “the statement”...I’d wonder why. Or is it just a power thing. Jd didn’t want to be pushed into it. Could be. Anyhow, again, just speculating.
Seeing how he reacts to people telling him to sell the team, its definitely not outside the realm of possibilities... "oh you dont like my letter? Kick rocks"

And to be honest, I didn't mind them putting out a letter, but I didn't like how it was worded... suspend the guy indefinitely? The guys a scumbag but really? Fire Parros? Idk, it was a little over the top

Edit: Like if they just put something simple out along the lines of we didn't agree with their decision and kept it at that... they probably lost the FO with the other stuff

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Stromer! Very nice my brotha', kudos to you. You can see his HEART was in it. He obviously reads.
it's a shame the Rangers only show heart or grit when someone dies or when their teammates are attacked. they should do this when teams take few swipes at the goalie for the puck. why can't they show grit and passion every night

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I am very proud of the way the team responded last night. That was nice to see.
Very much ME, as well. Just wondering, was that the players decision, OR a directive from Quinn. Something like......

......okay sending out 4th line, everybody take a guy.
.......Then, who wants to take on Wilson? Smitty, stands up (because he is a MAN) that would do anything for the team.......love you man, thanks.
......Bitetto......do you wanna get in on this?
......Stromer......you have a problem with Eller, now don't you? Go for it!

Yeah, proud of them but all in one breath.....should never had come to this. Many flashbacks for ME, re-living the Flyers days.

Vito Andolini

Mar 18, 2002
New Jersey
Are people still liking the statement?

With retrospect...I wish they would have just put out something generic and let the real message take place on the ice, which is what they ended up doing anyways.

A few days later...that statement just comes off as blowhard to me...which is not surprising as it came from that dickhead Dolan.

As usual when people put out emotional messages over the internet, the fallout is regrettable. We lost two trustworthy parts of our front office over this nonsense.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Are people still liking the statement?

With retrospect...I wish they would have just put out something generic and let the real message take place on the ice, which is what they ended up doing anyways.

A few days later...that statement just comes off as blowhard to me...which is not surprising as it came from that dickhead Dolan.

As usual when people put out emotional messages over the internet, the fallout is regrettable. We lost two trustworthy parts of our front office over this nonsense.

F*** that. The statement is great. Why should we not put Parros on notice that he is an incompetent clown? Not putting people like him on blast allows them to sort of skate around this a bit anonymously. Put the onus on Parros. He's a clown. This was a true vote of no confidence.

Vito Andolini

Mar 18, 2002
New Jersey
F*** that. The statement is great. Why should we not put Parros on notice that he is an incompetent clown? Not putting people like him on blast allows them to sort of skate around this a bit anonymously. Put the onus on Parros. He's a clown. This was a true vote of no confidence.

A vote of no confidence has amounted to 1 vote...I don't see any other organizations that stepped forward and took our lead to bad mouth Parros and disrespect the league. We have essentially created drama...and for no real benefit. In fact the opposite...I think we're a weaker organization today than we were a few days ago due to losing JD and Gorton, while allowing Dolan to have a power trip...and we have no idea where that will lead. Not to mention..the league will be punishing us for the statement.

And a lot of the statement is nonsense and fluff

"horrifying act of violent" ...really? horrifying? c'mon now
"suspend him indefinitely" ...again..c'mon now
"long history of these types of acts"...weak blah words

I get people liking the statement. It feels good to read. It appeals to emotions. But it's mostly just drama in words...and that's lame. I think you handle your business on the ice. Not in press releases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad