Rangers statement on Wilson non-suspension

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
I wonder if there is the slightest chance the league actually turns on Parros?

The rangers have some serious pull in this league. Still, seems very unlikely.
The Rangers have zero pull in this league. As I’ve said before, Bettman and Campbell abhor the Rangers.

Reactions: Anthony5967

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
It's crazy how many other fan bases that typically hate the Rangers, have shown support. It says alot about the situation and makes me feel warm and fuzzy and gross all at the same time.

I think it's pretty much unanimous that everyone thinks Wilson is coward narcissistic asshole.
While watching the Bruins game last night Brickley commented on Wilson likely getting suspended for something. Then I saw the replay this morning.... it made me cringe.
I thought, well, he'll get minimum 4 games.
But nothing.?!?!?!?!
Huh?

The Ranger game tomorrow night is much watch tv. And if any Ranger takes his stick and bats Wilson's head into the nosebleeds, THAT would make my day.
Go Rangers!!!!!

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I'm saying a one time thing.

Or maybe make an open statement to the entire team during the intermission

"Did you see what happened? You guys are brothers. Panarin is hurt because of that goon and he'll be playing. I hope at least one of you understands the importance of this fraternity and gives him some of his own medicine" you know something like that. Good culture would have someone do something beyond midget Blackwell getting a single hit on him.
Do you remember the Bertuzzi/Moore incident? These "win one for the Gipper" speeches are all well and good until shit goes bad. Bertuzzi was responding to Moore taking liberties on Markus Naslund. Bertuzzi goes and does exactly what you're describing here and came damn close to winding himself and the coach who fired him up to do it in prison.
The response here is not to go after Wilson. It's to go after guys who don't play that game the way Wilson did.
The bell just rang. The pendulum is going to come back the other way now. I just hope everyone is fine with all the 5'10" 170 lb defensemen they've been drafting.
Meanwhile, scouts just went out combing the bars in western Canada looking for"those types" the way Mel Gibson did when shit went down in the Patriot.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So watching the Panarin body slam, he did ever so slightly slow down in the end. I don't know if it's some semblance of a moral compass or just "bad" execution on his part. I'm strongly leaning towards the latter. He wouldn't body slam him in the first place if he had any moral compass.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
So watching the Panarin body slam, he did ever so slightly slow down down in the end. I don't know if it's some semblance of a moral compass or just "bad" execution on his part. I'm strongly leaning towards the latter. He wouldn't body slam him in the first place if he had any moral compass.

or could be Panarin fighting for his life wiggled out somehow.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Pretty sad that Lundqvist got fined the same amount for squirting water at Crosby.

who cares about that, that fine was just. This was supposed to be a 20 game suspension, the scumbag was just suspended less than 2 months ago.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think the NHL knows Wilson is a problem, knows this was handled poorly, and knows a harsh punishment will only cause further backlash. I think the outrage from across the sport is pretty tangible.

I bet they fine the Rangers a couple hundred thousand, release a statement supporting Parros and the DPS, and then move on. And nothing else happens in the short term.

A couple of hundred thousand dollars to Dolan it like a couple of hundred to a millionaire. I sure hope that the Rangers continue sending out similar statements and embarrassing the league further.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honest question, can someone tell me how some fans are portraying the Panarin body slam as if he had had it coming because he started to fight Wilson? He didn't start a fight he tried to help Strome who was on the ice getting punched. The same people who love fighting and love enforcers are criticizing Panarin for supposedly fighting Wilson (even though he wasn't)? How does that even make sense?

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Not expecting a thing to be done tomorrow. Rangers will play with more of an edge to make it look good and then it'll all be forgotten. Do you know who won't forget? Panarin, that's who. He will spend all offseason asking himself why he signed on to be the be-all end-all, including the team's enforcer. Seriously, what is Davidson and Gorton's stance on this roster?

Reactions: ETTER DE

Trueblue30

Jan 31, 2009
Honest question, can someone tell me how some fans are portraying the Panarin body slam as if he had had it coming because he started to fight Wilson? He didn't start a fight he tried to help Strome who was on the ice getting punched. The same people who love fighting and love enforcers are criticizing Panarin for supposedly fighting Wilson (even though he wasn't)? How does that even make sense?

I can’t believe the amount of times I’ve heard someone say Panarin was a 3rd man in... if anything Wilson was the third man in attacking Strome with punches from behind while Strome was tangled up with a non psychotic capital player

Reactions: GbgRanger

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not expecting a thing to be done tomorrow. Rangers will play with more of an edge to make it look good and then it'll all be forgotten. Do you know who won't forget? Panarin, that's who. He will spend all offseason asking himself why he signed on to be the be-all end-all, including the team's enforcer. Seriously, what is Davidson and Gorton's stance on this roster?

The fact that the Rangers need enforcers to prevent human garbage like Tom Wilson from almost murdering them is a much bigger probably than the Rangers not having enforcers.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can’t believe the amount of times I’ve heard someone say Panarin was a 3rd man in... if anything Wilson was the third man in attacking Strome with punches from behind while Strome was tangled up with a non psychotic capital player

Capitals fans:

upload_2021-5-5_1-13-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-5_1-12-2.png
    upload_2021-5-5_1-12-2.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 4

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
The fact that the Rangers need enforcers to prevent human garbage like Tom Wilson from almost murdering them is a much bigger probably than the Rangers not having enforcers.
Guys like Jamie Oleksiak, Nic Deslauriers are solid players that can also police and play the game. No reason the organization can't grab a couple of these guys. No reason to have 40 Di Guiseppe's and Rooney's.

Reactions: GbgRanger

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Guys like Jamie Oleksiak, Nic Deslauriers are solid players that can also police and play the game. No reason the organization can't grab a couple of these guys. No reason to have 40 Di Guiseppe's and Rooney's.

The problem is this league needing guys to police when the league should police and weed out human garbage.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
The problem is this league needing guys to police when the league should police and weed out human garbage.
Yea, but they have made it clear that they love the fact he draws ratings so nothing is going to be done. Sean Avery put out a solid video tonight about the situation and what he would do. I would recommend guys watch it.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Still laughing at "unfit." That shit hits much harder compared to saying he should be relieved of his duties.

Parros and Colin Campbell deserve all of it for their incompetence.

Reactions: Guyute

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Great statement by the Rangers.

Now they need to follow it up by finding and then icing the kind of players that would wreak absolute havoc in response to such assaults.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad