Rangers statement on Wilson non-suspension

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I wonder if there is the slightest chance the league actually turns on Parros?

The rangers have some serious pull in this league. Still, seems very unlikely.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The buch hit wasn't THAT bad but the Panarin altercation could have caused serious permanent damage

as pretty much every altercation could.... crosby was way more “attempt murder” than Wilson. He grabs a guy from behind and smacks his head against the ice.

A guy jumps on Wilson’s back he turns and throws him and there is no injury. Any check/hit/fight could cause permanent damage.

the shot at buch were cheap. I actually didn’t mind the panarin thing in the scheme of the NHL. heck even on the street. Wilson’s actions would be way more legally defensible than crosby.

that would be way more likely to be “attempt”

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Really hoping NYR takes a few runs at John Carlson tomorrow. I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if his season ends tomorrow. If the NHL refuses to protect it's players then you gotta go old school retribution.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008

4979743.jpg

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I wonder if there is the slightest chance the league actually turns on Parros?

The rangers have some serious pull in this league. Still, seems very unlikely.

Carpiniello reported Parros didn't want to suspend Wilson for the Carlo hit but Bettman intervened due to being worried about the "optics" of not dealing out a suspension. Bettman is likely not terribly impressed by Parros. Even before this incident he is probably the worst person to hold that role. However the NHL won't want to lose face so they will probably stick with Parros for a while until this all dies down and then find another place to put him.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
It's still mind boggling they hire enforcers to run player safety, like that's the last guy you hire

but Tom Wilson scores. Chara’s offensive numbers are down while he’s a tough player. Rick Tocchet was a do everything player while even Probert added to the offense. Plenty of tough guys who could play hockey.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
yes. I thought the Panarin thing was much worse than what he did to Buch. if it was almost anyone other than Wilson, you could almost give them the benefit of the doubt for what happened to Buch, maybe they didn't realize the stick was under his throat and they thought he was kicking the goalie, who knows. but he absolutely tried to slam Panarin's head into the ice, I couldn't believe my eyes when it happened.

Sorry man, can't agree there. What he did with Buch, driving him down face first then popping him in the jaw - I've seen some coward shit in my time, this is pretty high on the list. Please don't take my response in an angry tone :)

But all in all I totally agree more, couldn't believe my eyes on what transpired.

Cheers man!

Backstreets Back

Jul 1, 2019
It's crazy how many other fan bases that typically hate the Rangers, have shown support. It says alot about the situation and makes me feel warm and fuzzy and gross all at the same time.
Probably because their teams have had problems with Wilson and his antics over the past few seasons. Nobody wants to see superstar players getting hurt. I'd feel sick if he pulled that shit on J. Hughes, Barzal, Aho, Crosby, etc.

Reactions: Cmox and Kords

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I guess I’m in the minority but I thought what he did to Buch was worse than what he did to Panarin. Panarin and Wilson were willing combatants there. Buch was laying face down with his arms at his sides and Wilson punched his head into the ice. That was the dirtiest thing I’ve seen since Bertuzzi imo.

Anyway very glad to see this Rangers statement. Hopefully the players offer a statement of their own tomorrow.

You're not alone - the principal of what he did to Buch is way more cowardly and disgusting IMO.

What he did with Panarin was still disgusting when all Panarin was trying to do was restrain. Wilson new full well who he was on the ice with.

I'm even more incredibly disappointed in the lack of officials trying to break up the Wilson and Panarin melee. (someone in the GDT who also is an official also wrote a great post)

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Really hoping NYR takes a few runs at John Carlson tomorrow. I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if his season ends tomorrow. If the NHL refuses to protect it's players then you gotta go old school retribution.
Rangers won't defend themselves, what makes you think they'll do anything tomorrow. it would have to take someone like their family to be held hostage for ransom for them to even defend themselves. that is pathetic

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Rangers won't defend themselves, what makes you think they'll do anything tomorrow. it would have to take someone like their family to be held hostage for ransom for them to even defend themselves. that is pathetic

Most of what happened was because the Rangers were 'defending themselves', or at least trying too...

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017

I said I hope they do. It's just a fantasy. I know they won't. the team is Charmin soft and the HC is a sniveling coward. If anything I expect Washington to take a few runs at the remains of our roster to knock us out of competition next year.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
A $5,000 fine to these players and their salaries is like any ordinary working person getting a $25.00 parking ticket. What do we learn? Nothing we still park there, lol.
Yep. It’s just a supplemental cost. A surcharge for the guys to do what they want. The guy paid $5000 to grab a colleague by the hair and ram his head into the ice.

not how I’d spend 5K but I’m not a psycho either.

edit: sorry, ramming Artemi’s head into the ice was a freebie. He paid the 5K for choking Pavel.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
The NHL and PA understand that these incidents increase interest. If they did not they would actually do something to deter them.

Let's be honest, there is more interest in this next game due to what happened, and that interest would have been diminished if Wilson were suspended.

Not like the Rangers were making themselves or the league any playoff revenue regardless.

This is the potential crash people watch Nascar for. The league, the NHLPA don't give a crap about player safety, they care about interest in the league which equates to revenue, and that is the way it's always been.

This letter/tweet changed nothing, it's not as if the other owners are going to also put out statements. Not like the league is going to reconsider, or be worried about being seen as hypocritical, or about their BS being called out. The PA, if a long suspension were given would have appealed it.

This league is run by 31-32 owners or ownership groups, they bargain with the PA, the solution they bargained for is literally this player safety and discipline system. And the Rangers are writing a statement? I mean I guess it worked, many people here seem to think this was some sort of reckoning, when really it's smoke and mirrors.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
‘Twas the night before the rematch, and all thru the boards, all the posters were posting about what might be in store.

George Parros had failed us, the league doesn’t care, that that roided out psycho grabbed Bread by the hair

And slammed him to the ice, first his helmet-less head. Didn’t they read Uncle Larry? He could have been dead!

But what will we do, no enforcers in sight? Can we sign one or bribe one, we just have one night.

To prepare for the battle, good must win the day. If only we had a time machine, then Avery could play.

He’d show those goons, you don’t mess with the Rangers. Dump it in nice and slow, put the keeper in danger.

Then rush in with speed, take a ligament out. Chop a neck like Chris Simon, make sure there’s no doubt.

That next time he tries this, it’ll be different, you’ll see. f*** that outfit over there, Department of Player “Safety”.

It’s in our hands now boys, let’s do it for Buch, Blais and Carlo. Thomas and Reese. Has he ever hit Marleau?

But yeah, wishful thinking, there won’t even be a fight. Just another bad loss on another bad night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad