Rangers statement on Wilson non-suspension

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It’s not even just Caps fans anymore that think nothing was done wrong. Steve Kouleas, an NHL guy on SiriusXM is ridiculing the Rangers on Twitter for their statement. Look it up, that Crosby and Konecny incident got a reply from him basically implying the Rangers organization is crying. Hopefully his tweet will get all the negative attention it deserves.
There's a lot anti-Rangers sentiment in general because they're a New York team. That shitbag isn't even worth paying attention to.

Real hockey fans can see right from wrong here.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Another thing to consider. Joe Micheletti came out heaping praise on Ton Wilson during the game. I can appreciate not being total homers but this was uncalled for given what had just happened. It's time for him to go, give the job to Valliquette.
In general, I think that Sam and Joe fall all over themselves to praise the other team in a way that I don't see from other announce teams.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
In general, I think that Sam and Joe fall all over themselves to praise the other team in a way that I don't see from other announce teams.

It's a NY thing, because alot of the announcers are national guys. (Breen, Darling, Marv, Kenny, Sam for the NFL, etc).

They have to or are trained to call it down the middle.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not saying it should be this way, but until a NYR kicks his butt nothing will change.
I'm not saying don't do it just for the hell of it, but it wouldn't change even after that.

We're not dealing with a normal person here. His tiny macaque brain has no concept of negative reinforcement.

Reactions: Synergy27

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Sean Avery has entered the chat:

this has to be the correct take. I'm sure Artemi would be happy to chip in a few thousand to cover Kevin Rooney's peanuts forfeited salary from running their goalie. He's signed to a contract next year too so if the boys decide on something like this, the team and coach will also have their back and do right by whoever bites the bullet.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

This is one of those situations where it sucks we're in NYC and the NYC media doesn't care about hockey boomer. This is getting nonstop coverage on TSN but barely a peep in NYC or NYC sports radio. I turned on both WFAN and ESPN radio today for a bit to see if they were talking about it but they were just talking for hours about the Mets firing their hitting coach.

Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
There's going to be a single, answer the bell fight. That's it... Nothing more and nothing less.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I'm not saying it should be this way, but until a NYR kicks his butt nothing will change.
I assume you mean Wilson. It won't change even if he gets his butt kicked. When has that ever changed what Wilson did???? Hes an animal unfit to play in the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad