Proposal: Rangers-Stars

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I'm not on the Staal is garbage and doesn't belong in the NHL bandwagon. The guy's still a legit top4 blueliner. Considering it will cost you two forwards to protect one extra blueliner in the expansion draft, I think it's pretty clear how valuable blueliners are.

He gets paid too much for too long to be anything but a #1. We can't afford dead weight and we would have to protect him because of his NMC.

And the Taylor Hall trade is a stronger piece of evidence for you if there's somebody who still needs to be convinced of that.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Cute response but that's what you pay for a top 2 goalie in the league

cute response and thats not what you pay for a 34 years old goalie with an 8.5 cap hit.

Well good luck trying to get to the finals nevertheless winning a cup with that goaltending :laugh:
You put lundqvist on the stars and they immediately become a top 3 fav for cup easy maybe even THE favorite to win it all.

ya because lundquist has helped the rangers win a cup right?
also Dallas's defense is weak, could be weaker than rangers so claiming they are a top 3 team with lundquist is blowing things out of proportion by a long shot. they wouldn't even be a top 5 team in the NHL with lundquist.

The Stars are definitely in their window period. They are very close to competing for a cup, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Stanley Cup finals this season.

i would. that defense sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I'd love to see something around Nuke and Staal and think it could work for both teams. IMO this is similar to the Zherdev for Tyutin deal the Rangers made years ago.

Staal for Nuke will never happen. Even if you ignore the up coming expansion draft I would not make a deal around them. Staal is over paid and Im not sure he has the wheels needed to keep up with our pace. If you add the fact that he has a NMC then it makes it even worse

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Goaltending upgrade, and probably defense. They lost Goligoski, Demers, and Russell.

Our D is fine for now. Hamhuis will replace Goose. I prefer Goose but its not a massive step back. As for Demers he was replaced by Johns during his injury and was hardly missed. I think our D is on par with last year and a big move would be nice but there is no one shopping first pairing LHD so I think we have the best we will be able to get for next year

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
ya because lundquist has helped the rangers win a cup right?
also Dallas's defense is weak, could be weaker than rangers so claiming they are a top 3 team with lundquist is blowing things out of proportion by a long shot. they wouldn't even be a top 5 team in the NHL with lundquist.

Yeah and it's quite obvious you haven't seen Lunqvist play very much. Off top of my head I probably wouldn't be off by too much saying he's at least 1 or 2 in most playoff games won over last 4/5 years.
Besides price hes still the best goalie in the NHL.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Yeah and it's quite obvious you haven't seen Lunqvist play very much. Off top of my head I probably wouldn't be off by too much saying he's at least 1 or 2 in most playoff games won over last 4/5 years.
Besides price hes still the best goalie in the NHL.

Nothing against Hank, but his contract is not worth trading for. Yeah he's better then Dallas's 2 goalies, but I wouldnt move anything valueable for him with his age and contract. Sure if he had one or two years left I'd be happy to trade for him then if we could make the cap work

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad