Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Yegor Rykov

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
It would be smart to dress Hajek for enough NHL games to be the required expansion exposee, IMO.

BTW, it seems that # is 40, as he only played 28 in '19-20

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft-faq
Minimum Exposure Requirements
Teams must expose a minimum number of players that meet the following criteria for selection in the upcoming Expansion Draft:
Defense 1
under contract in 2021-22, AND
played in 40 or more NHL games last season, OR
played in 70 or more NHL games in the last two seasons

Libor Hajek Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
2019-20 New York Rangers NHL 28

Reactions: Kendo

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
If he comes back to the KHL, will the Rangers hold his NHL rights indefinitely?

for next year, IIRC, he would need to be assigned by NYR

summer'21, when he is RFA, I believe that
if NYR make a Qualifying Offer,
but he signs KHL,
NYR retain his rights as a 'defected player'

Not certain if indefinite, or perhaps, as w Jensen, until he turns 27 maybe?

EDIT/Add: i may be wrong, but i think it may have been that
the only situation with 'indefinite'/perpetual rights related to
(a) never-signed players drafted from overseas
(b) during prior/obsolete transfer agreements and CBA's.
Pashnin, drafted '09, was on the NYR "In The System" page for a really long time,
and at Cap Friendly is STILL listed on the NYR Reserve List as "Indefinite"
New York Rangers Reserve List - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Last edited:

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
trade him with Andersson. make a statement, if you rather go back to Europe and give up on your NHL dreams, Rangers should trade them to a team that they have no NHL future with. what a waste of picks and traded players. enough of these soft mentality players.
what if Kakko decided to go back to Finland because he was not a 1st line forward this year. luckily he has a better attitude and is tougher mentally

Reactions: CasusBelli

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
trade him with Andersson. make a statement, if you rather go back to Europe and give up on your NHL dreams, Rangers should trade them to a team that they have no NHL future with. what a waste of picks and traded players. enough of these soft mentality players.
what if Kakko decided to go back to Finland because he was not a 1st line forward this year. luckily he has a better attitude and is tougher mentally
That'll show em!

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn

Rykov pretty much lost an entire season to nursing an injury. Whether he's good enough to break NYR's roster or not, he's 23 and not getting any younger. Hedging his bets (considering the AHL might not resume next season) and making smart decisions for his own future doesn't make him "soft".

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

but he signs KHL,

Pashnin, drafted '09, was on the NYR "In The System" page for a really long time,
Rykov had no EAC for this season, but does have one for next season. So he can exercise that EAC, although how that works will be interesting (as many EAC's say the player must be on the NHL roster by X date or else they can exercise the EAC, and next season's start is in question).

Reactions: egelband

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

but he signs KHL,

Rudolf Vercik, drafted by the Rangers in 1994, was on their reserve list until he was 36 years old.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

It’s like when to spite a bald person you decide to never invite him to you house but just in case purchase a ton of combs? Doesn’t make sense? Exactly!

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
If history teaches us anything it's this: the best hockey moves are the ones you make based solely on spite.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I'm hoping he'll take the summer to make sure he's in good shape for camp. Just bad luck with the injury.

I was hopeful he'd be a good shutdown option for us as a 7th D or on a 3rd pairing for next year, but between the injury and the odd timing, I would guess he's more likely to end up back in the KHL. Definitely can't blame him with all the uncertainties.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

That'd be bad for long term management. Gives enormous leverage to players and other teams if they know the nyr will quit on every prospect who decides to grow in one of Europe's many perfectly fine leagues... Compared to the ahl these leagues pay more, possibly give more ice time, allow the prospect to be close to home and have better schedules to boot.

Just doesnt make any sense to throw a fit over this based on what we know about developing prospects internationally

Reactions: cwede

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
My assumption is that Rykov uses his EAC, goes to Russia, and then that's basically it for him. We'll give him a QO but he'll likely stay put.

Just my gut.

Reactions: Thirty One

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The kid lost the year because of that injury. Awful high ankle sprain that he reinjured. Can’t even judge what he is at this point.

My guess is though with miller coming in Hajek here DeAngelo possibly moving to the left lundkvist coming Robertson Jones it goes on, he’s probably going to fall out of the mix. Reunanen May have already as well

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
adding a source

NYET!!! He looked just like James Franco:

James-Franco-Sexual-Misconduct.jpg

Nm8iMpUPuxmcz9uoyeyWlLXiAtkyuVk09IUuWg7Vh5qbpW-hT75vFcsuMz4mx3-jHi4es51GiA2_qIsPWYmrRNJnw1mZxRhkMYqlKUttJJDSIk3QwiAAsepLoOpU

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
As with all Euro players, if those leagues are indeed starting on time, I expect the Rangers will have all of their players active. Some may be recalled when AHL gets geared up.

Tthat would only be possible if their contract has an opt out or the team and player agree to mutual termination of the contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->