Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Steven Fogarty

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Finally. I've been asking for this for a while.

images

Welcome to the club.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So it seems like Fogarty is just going to finish his senior year and not take an ATO to Hartford.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I believe he wants to finish his degree. That's what some people that are close to the situation have said

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Got a shot at being a solid fourth liner.

Doesn't have some of the tools that Nieves has, but I find him to be a bit more advanced with his positioning at this point and defensive play at this point.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Love to see the Rangers sign Vesey which would comfort the loss of Saarela and the two 2nd round picks

This year, more than any before, is the year we should try to sign some college free agents. Caggiula, Vesey, Oksanen, Kossila, Prow... I know it's unreasonable to expect us to sign all of these but I think the first 2 can definitely make an impact. And Prow would be a good guy to have to add to our D-core.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
This year, more than any before, is the year we should try to sign some college free agents. Caggiula, Vesey, Oksanen, Kossila, Prow... I know it's unreasonable to expect us to sign all of these but I think the first 2 can definitely make an impact. And Prow would be a good guy to have to add to our D-core.

Pretty sure Prow is going to be signing with the Pens. The other guys you listed could be interesting though. Add Bengsston to the list also(he isn't a college FA, but still).

If we could get even just one, or two of these guys, i'd be pretty happy.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Pretty sure Prow is going to be signing with the Pens. The other guys you listed could be interesting though. Add Bengsston to the list also(he isn't a college FA, but still).

If we could get even just one, or two of these guys, i'd be pretty happy.

Oh god no! It's bad enough to hear about Kristopher Letang, now we will get Ethaniel Prow too.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Apparently Fogarty is signing an ATO and reporting to Hartford, unlikely previously rumored/believed.

Nice if true.

I'm guessing neither him nor Nieves will play tonight. Bummer, since I was planning to go :P

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Fogarty is an intriguing combination of size and skating ability, which is what interested the Rangers when they selected him so high in 2011. But he was never quite able to parlay that ability in offense at Notre Dame. He finished his career at Notre Dame with 65 points in 150 career games. His best season came this past year as a senior when he scored 10-13-23 in 37 games for the Fighting Irish. He also served as Notre Dame's captain this season.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hoc...68/steven-fogarty-signs-with-new-york-rangers

The Rangers waited five years to sign Fogarty. They traded Evgeny Grachev to the Blues for the 3rd round pick. The Rangers had not signed Brad Richards when they selected Fogarty. Richards spent three years with the Rangers and is two years removed from the Rangers. That's how long it has been.

Maybe Fogarty becomes a better pro than college player.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
"It's been kind of a whirlwind the last couple of days," Fogarty told BlueshirtsUnited.com in a phone interview on Tuesday, a day before the center was heading to Hartford to join the Wolf Pack in the American Hockey League. "With my [college] career coming to an end, then having a high like this — I'm sure tomorrow once I get to Hartford it'll start to kick in."

"It's definitely going to be a huge adjustment," said Fogarty, who finished his college career with 27 goals and 38 assists for 65 points, 44 of which came over the final two seasons. "I've had many friends make that jump and they said the speed surprises everyone."

Some of those friends are current Rangers prospects Brady Skjei and Adam Tambellini, among others, who Fogarty has gotten to know over the years at the Rangers' annual prospect development camp in July.

Another friend is Cristoval 'Boo' Nieves, who signed with the Rangers yesterday. In fact, the two met last week when Michigan defeated Notre Dame in the opening-round of the NCAA tournament.

http://www.blueshirtsunited.com/article/fogarty-dream-come-true-signing-rangers

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Fogarty and Nieves add depth to Hartford for the playoff run, but I suspect they will be played only in sheltered roles right now as they jump from the NCAA to the AHL. We won't see where their game is until the next season starts.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Fogarty and Nieves add depth to Hartford for the playoff run, but I suspect they will be played only in sheltered roles right now as they jump from the NCAA to the AHL. We won't see where their game is until the next season starts.

Not how it works.

If they aren't a PPG player in the AHL this season then they are a bust, it should be very easy with the adrenaline they have from signing their first pro contracts.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Not how it works.

If they aren't a PPG player in the AHL this season then they are a bust, it should be very easy with the adrenaline they have from signing their first pro contracts.

I don't know if I quite agree with that.

Adjusting to a new team, let alone a new league, isn't always a quick process.

On top of that, I don't believe either of these guys project as scorers (though some have higher offensive expectations than I do).

The Pack don't have a PPG now. I'm not sure either Nieves or Fogarty come in and score at that clip.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't know if I quite agree with that.

Adjusting to a new team, let alone a new league, isn't always a quick process.

On top of that, I don't believe either of these guys project as scorers (though some have higher offensive expectations than I do).

The Pack don't have a PPG now. I'm not sure either Nieves or Fogarty come in and score at that clip.

He's joking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad