Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign K'Andre Miller

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
For reals?

If he put it all together, yeah. I can see him finishing in that range.

Now, that’s not necessarily a prediction. More of a ballpark for everything falling into place.

Could he have a similar career at LD as Chris Kreider at LW? Yeah, that’s a possibility.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If he put it all together, yeah. I can see him finishing in that range.

Now, that’s not necessarily a prediction. More of a ballpark for everything falling into place.

Could he have a similar career at LD as Chris Kreider at LW? Yeah, that’s a possibility.
Oh, ok, so Norris-or-bust? Awesome.

:clittle:

Reactions: DanishRanger

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
please replace Staal this season.
I certainly hope not.
Don't make the same mistakes made w Lias and Hajek.

Let him be fully prepared and earn it
He needs at least one full season mostly in AHL.
5 years from now his most notable play might still be coughing up the puck at the wrong time st WJC.

This kid can be really good, but there is no evidence he's ready yet, or soon.
He is still new to the position. And Wisco didnt work out so well.

If NYR do replace Staal (who, these last 2-3 seasons actually has not been as bad as these boards like to imply) before his contract ends, much more likely to be Tarmo, Hajek, Rykov or an import.

This is no knock on Miller, his turn is coming, but hardly likely in '20-21

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He is nowhere near ready for the NHL.

People really need to temper expectations regarding Miller's timeline. Chances are you may not see him in NY for at least two years and after that a few more until he is ready to make an impact.

Staal is not an NHL player anymore but yet plays in the NHL. i rather have Miller make Staal mistakes at this point and learn from them

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Staal is not an NHL player anymore but yet plays in the NHL. i rather have Miller make Staal mistakes at this point and learn from them

There probably won't be a this season anyway, but this is stupid.

this idea of a "only the strong survive" development plan where you just throw kids into the fire is so stupid. you'd think people learned from this already but i guess not.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Or it ruins them and they do not play in the NHL. And yes, believe it or not, a kid that's not ready to play in the best league in the world can do worse than Staal has this year.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There probably won't be a this season anyway, but this is stupid.

this idea of a "only the strong survive" development plan where you just throw kids into the fire is so stupid. you'd think people learned from this already but i guess not.
While you are right, but are you talking about next season or this one? While how this season finishes is certainly up in the air, I do believe that there will be a season that starts in October 2020

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think it's a pretty decent non-zero chance it could happen.

Then again, it could be another number that The Legend Jesper Fasth wears in the future and cements his legacy.

Fast is one number away from tying Rangers legend Derek Armstrong, the only player to wear 4 different jersey numbers for the Rangers in official games. He only played 7 games across 3 seasons, to make it even more impressive

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
While you are right, but are you talking about next season or this one? While how this season finishes is certainly up in the air, I do believe that there will be a season that starts in October 2020

this season. Maybe they do a short playoff or something. I don’t see how we finish this season and do a full playoff. Might be legally easier to just end it and start fresh in October.

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
Found this thread on Victor Herman today relevant

Adam Herman on Twitter

Mitch Brown on Twitter

"I think Miller's one of few players that could play Hedman's aggro-decisive style with success. You're right, there are lots of little similarities (including that high-to-low point pass they both love). It goes to show that what's risky for some players isn't risky for others."

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Found this thread on Victor Herman today relevant

Adam Herman on Twitter

Mitch Brown on Twitter

"I think Miller's one of few players that could play Hedman's aggro-decisive style with success. You're right, there are lots of little similarities (including that high-to-low point pass they both love). It goes to show that what's risky for some players isn't risky for others."

Awesome. I am really into defenders who can really clog the neutral zone. It’s such a great weapon. I know many complain about Trouba - and he does swing-and-miss too much - but he is also a game changer when he’s on. Not to mention the mean streak. If Miller can be Trouba with a more consistent defensive presence and even none of the offence, were good. We have enough pmds. Give me some bad-ass neutral zone terminators.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad