Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign K'Andre Miller

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Probably slated for a season in the AHL at least but I hope he turns it up.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Lucky guy. Wasn’t going to Silicon Valley or mes school with those grades.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I’ve said it before, but I’m not a fan of Miller signing with the Rangers. It is what it is at this point I suppose though - the situation at Wisconsin was evidently pretty bad.

The reps will be great, as will the professional coaching and training. But Miller is not an AHL player right now. This is something that I think most posters here don’t understand. He’s not capable of cracking the Pack’s top 6 as it stands now.

They’ll of course make room for him next year. But there are going to be some serious growing pains. I hope they’re temporary - his physical package is the most unique we’ve had in a prospect since Kreider. I’d argue in that department that Miller is more impressive.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
I’ve said it before, but I’m not a fan of Miller signing with the Rangers. It is what it is at this point I suppose though - the situation at Wisconsin was evidently pretty bad.

The reps will be great, as will the professional coaching and training. But Miller is not an AHL player right now. This is something that I think most posters here don’t understand. He’s not capable of cracking the Pack’s top 6 as it stands now.

They’ll of course make room for him next year. But there are going to be some serious growing pains. I hope they’re temporary - his physical package is the most unique we’ve had in a prospect since Kreider. I’d argue in that department that Miller is more impressive.
Were you thinking of J.T. Miller when you said that?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I totally, vehemently disagree. You throw him out there right now and he's already better than Geertsen. That pretty much instantly places him in the top six. He'd be better than Taylor, Crawley, and Day, I have no doubt. If we were talking about last year's Hajek, I'd say Hajek is clearly superior. With how Hajek has played this year? Not so sure.

Honestly outside of Raddysh and Ebert I haven't like anyone down there this year. LoVerde can be good, but can also be f***ing awful. Rykov hasn't been that good, whether because of injuries or not. Geertsen is trash. The other spares are trash. I absolutely think Miller could step into that defensive corp and not look out of place. It would take some time to learn the system and the structure, and he would of course make mistakes, but I 100% believe he could keep his head above water. And it's not like I haven't watched him all season.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

If he isn't better than Mason f***ing Geertson we've got a huge problem with his development.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
upload_2020-3-13_21-6-18.gif

Reactions: Kupo

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Weird Rangers_trade_signings on IG has a screenshot from K’andre saying the info was false. Obviously take it with a grain of salt as that is just a random acct, interesting nonetheless

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I mean, a) it's CapFriendly, and b) that'd be a pretty specific falsehood they tweeted out... :laugh:

Im not dismissing the validity of CapFriendly at all. But i do think its interesting this random IG account posted the screenshot of K’andre saying the information isnt accurate

Edit: andddddddddd he deleted the post lol

CapFriendly

Mar 13, 2020
Im not dismissing the validity of CapFriendly at all. But i do think its interesting this random IG account posted the screenshot of K’andre saying the information isnt accurate

Edit: andddddddddd he deleted the post lol
We have full confidence in the information that we tweeted.

Yes, this is a new account, so I can understand the doubts that this account is real as well. Could a mod PM me so I can verify this account please, thanks.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
We have full confidence in the information that we tweeted.

Yes, this is a new account, so I can understand the doubts that this account is real as well. Could a mod PM me so I can verify this account please, thanks.
Honestly, the most impressive thing about this situation is that no one was squatting on your name. :laugh:

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I totally, vehemently disagree. You throw him out there right now and he's already better than Geertsen. That pretty much instantly places him in the top six. He'd be better than Taylor, Crawley, and Day, I have no doubt. If we were talking about last year's Hajek, I'd say Hajek is clearly superior. With how Hajek has played this year? Not so sure.

Honestly outside of Raddysh and Ebert I haven't like anyone down there this year. LoVerde can be good, but can also be f***ing awful. Rykov hasn't been that good, whether because of injuries or not. Geertsen is trash. The other spares are trash. I absolutely think Miller could step into that defensive corp and not look out of place. It would take some time to learn the system and the structure, and he would of course make mistakes, but I 100% believe he could keep his head above water. And it's not like I haven't watched him all season.

Not saying their defense is good. Not saying I’d trade any of them for Miller (not even close, I said right above how exciting his potential is). But Hajek and Rykov have played pro hockey for several years now.

They struggled in the pros for a time, while Miller struggled in college for a time. As it stands right now, both are better defenseman than Miller, by a decent amount. So is LoVerde.

Crawley, Day, etc are a sad lot for sure. I just don’t think Miller is a better defenseman than someone like Sean Day right now. He has a lot of learning to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->