Confirmed with Link: RANGERS SIGN JOHNNY BRODZINSKI TO EXTENSION [1Y/750K]

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
is there a reason we did this? I mean can the entirety just be buried? if not I feel like the cap space could be used better elsewhere.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
is there a reason we did this? I mean can the entirety just be buried? if not I feel like the cap space could be used better elsewhere.

First time?

Yes, the cap can be buried, just like his cap hit now is buried. The rule is minimum salary + 375k, which is currently a total of 1.075 mil that can be buried per contract.

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
It's a minor league extension, in anticipation of some guys not being back --- including Cuylle and Barron.

No implications on the expansion draft or a cap concern.

Edit: got my answer

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If those 2 are promoted to big club, I’m guessing it would be the 4th line, would then the rangers be looking for more of a vet 4c and it ends Howdens time with the team? Or am I just jumping too far

Cuylle is going back to the OHL.

Barron has a legit shot at the NHL club next season. Unknown whether he'd be plugging into LW or Center.

Unknown how it impacts Howden. Could be be looking at some combination of Howden, Barron, Rooney, Gauthier and Blackwell. I suspect one of Howden, Gauthier and Blackwell is a candidates for Seattle. Let's say its Blackwell You could have Barron and Gauthier with a platoon of Howden and Rooney.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Obvi, they like what he adds to the kids. And occasional NHL fillin
On free agent frenzy day NYR signed Rooney, Blackwell, Bitetto and Greco for 2 years, only Brodzinski to a 1 year. Now he, too, is signed thru next

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He’s a pro and whatever prospects we have in Hartford they needed to be surrounded by guys who can help them make their first steps in pro hockey both on and off the ice. It’s a piece towards them having a winning environment to play in.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He’s a pro and whatever prospects we have in Hartford they needed to be surrounded by guys who can help them make their first steps in pro hockey both on and off the ice. It’s a piece towards them having a winning environment to play in.
Yeah, everyone likes to piss and moan about Hartford sucking, not being a good place to play or develop, etc., and then we re-sign one of the few veteran players who has actually done their job in Hartford and everyone mocks it. Not sure I understand it. It's not a cause for celebration, but organizationally, it's a very good move.

Reactions: Larrybiv

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
he is trash, no need to do this unless he was a good leader for the kids but if I was a GM of any team, I would not want any of the future of the organization to take tips from some scrub that is not even an NHL regular or have any future in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad