Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Rangers sign G Dustin Tokarski [1yr, 0.65M AAV]

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Philly had:

Elliott
Neuvirth
Stolarz

...all hurt at the same time. And didn't re-call DT. That says it all.

He will be in the AHL for extra, extra insurance.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Huh, didn’t realize the Lightning were in Canada.

I didn't realize he was drafted by Tampa and traded to Montreal afterwards. So a nobody who became a somebody because he was traded to a Canadian team.

Slightly different but still the same narrative: being a prospect for a Canadian team tends to lead to unreasonable expectations. And I don't want to hear about how he won the Calder Cup, Robin Lehner also won the Calder Cup and he's garbage.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I didn't realize he was drafted by Tampa and traded to Montreal afterwards. So a nobody who became a somebody because he was traded to a Canadian team.

Slightly different but still the same narrative: being a prospect for a Canadian team tends to lead to unreasonable expectations. And I don't want to hear about how he won the Calder Cup, Robin Lehner also won the Calder Cup and he's garbage.

2007-2008
2008-2009
2011-2012
2013-2014

So you telling me he only became an all star in 2013-2014 because his rights were now own by a Canadian team? Come on, don't talk out of your ***.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Just wrong on so many levels.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
2007-2008
2008-2009
2011-2012
2013-2014

So you telling me he only became an all star in 2013-2014 because his rights were now own by a Canadian team? Come on, don't talk out of your ***.

No I said he became overhyped once he got to Canada.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Habs fans seem to be throwing him under the bus in this thread, but I remember him being loved. There was even a debate back in the day.

Venerating goalies in MTL = oldest team tradition.

With Price injured, he had a string of 10 good games and a few people got excited, that's about it. Montreal finished the season with the second lowest save % in the league.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Habs fans seem to be throwing him under the bus in this thread, but I remember him being loved. There was even a debate back in the day.

Venerating goalies in MTL = oldest team tradition.

Did you even take the time to open your eyes and actually read the thread? Obviously not.

Show me all the posts in this thread before your comments that were made by Hab fans, let alone ones that were even bashing Tokarski.

At least make it seem like you're trying, man. That's just sad.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Did you even take the time to open your eyes and actually read the thread? Obviously not.

Show me all the posts in this thread before your comments that were made by Hab fans, let alone ones that were even bashing Tokarski.

At least make it seem like you're trying, man. That's just sad.

BonLook

With Price injured, he had a string of 10 good games and a few people got excited, that's about it. Montreal finished the season with the second lowest save % in the league.

Enjoy your poo teen tonight.

:poutine:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
He really stepped it up in the 2014 playoffs after Emelin injured Price.

Not really no. He did OK at stopping the shots, but couldn't handle the puck to save his life. It messed up Habs defense.

And, yeah, I have to ask... Did Emelin injured Anderson and Fleury as well?

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Good signing. Hope you never have to use him but I think you'll like him if you do.

MikeSteaks

Sep 30, 2017
Not really no. He did OK at stopping the shots, but couldn't handle the puck to save his life. It messed up Habs defense.

And, yeah, I have to ask... Did Emelin injured Anderson and Fleury as well?
Just Price.

Last edited:
Reactions: The S5

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
would be great if the Rangers could get a good prospect/pick for Georgiev. The kids looked really solid last season, but is still unproven. Might make sense to move him while he is still a commodity. If the Rangers end up with Tokarski or another back up, so be it. Let the tank for Hughes begin!
Now if only Hank would allow a trade, the tank would be complete.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
would be great if the Rangers could get a good prospect/pick for Georgiev. The kids looked really solid last season, but is still unproven. Might make sense to move him while he is still a commodity. If the Rangers end up with Tokarski or another back up, so be it. Let the tank for Hughes begin!
Now if only Hank would allow a trade, the tank would be complete.
Don't see teams around the league valuing Georgiev enough to make trading him worth it at this point, would probably be a 4th or 5th rd pick. I'd rather let him backup Lundy this year and see if he can develop into something similar to Cam Talbot and then they can get a 2nd and/or prospect for him.

Reactions: slg1963

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Always good to have an extra guy for insurance if the starter and back up are both injured. Not sure what the Rangers goalie depth is like, but you do not want to throw a young guy in there before they are ready. Dallas made that mistake back in 2013/14 with Jack Campbell. Played one game, let in six goals, and he was never the same player in our organization again. Not sure if it was this one instance, but it seemed to demolish his confidence.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
This is nice to give the team options and costs barely anything. If NYR want to limit Hank in his later years(most likely), I think Georgiev stays up since they would be giving him close to 30 games. Tokarski can keep Hartford afloat.

OR... they want to lean on Hank for 60-65 games(not as likely) and Tokarski spends a lot of time in the press box while Georgiev plays big minutes in the A.

Either way, if Lundqvist was to go down for any period of time, Georgiev would be the NYR starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad