Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign D Mason Geertsen (2 Years, $725K AAV, Two-Way)

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
i feel like maybe we have spent more time discussing this (at this and 'Pack threads)
than Gorton and Drury did ...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I looked through some fight videos....surprised he never fought any of the 2 Gallant brothers . Usually guys do to try and unseat Brett Gallant as the AHL heavyweight . Don't see any bouts with McIlrath either.

He was playing out west in the AHL for a couple/three years and last year he moved out east. The east teams don't play the west teams in the regular season so that 'might' (operative word) be a reason that he hasn't fought with either Brett or Alex Gallant but those two guys are super tough. The one guy he's had a fight with this year is Nick Woolf fresh out of UMinn-Duluth who is huge and had a reputation in college as a big hitter and a nasty player to play against. Geertsen kind of buckled him and generally he wins a lot more than he loses. He is a wild swinger and misses a lot but he also throws with a pretty decent amount of speed and speed ='s power. I'd put him at kind of a Tom Wilson level--below Reeves, MacDermid and Johnston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad