Prospect Info: Rangers sign Calle Anderson

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Gagline- You are on top of things! Only a hr old news. ;)

Some pieces from the article:

-Andersson will be loaned to Zug next year.

-Andersson is coming to rookie camp.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Gagline- You are on top of things! Only a hr old news. ;)

Someone posted the signing in the prospect signings thread on the trade board, but without a link, so I just found a link and posted it here.

There was some debate as to whether or not he would get a contract. Hope he can develop into a player for us at some point.

Last edited:

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Nice! It will be good for him to play in a higher level of competition. I don't watch minor league hockey in Europe, but I've heard some said great things about him from scouts. Nothing that I can vouch for with my own eyes, but apparently his skill set with his size and skating ability has some scouts excited.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Why Zug? That's kind of stupid.

He already signed the contract with Zug with an NHL-out clause. He was making sure that he was signed somewhere, I guess, if it weren't an NHL team. But I'm not sure if they're actually loaning him to Zug or if he coming over. Could someone confirm this for me?

Edit: Nevermind, just read the link.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Why Zug? That's kind of stupid.

The NLA is a good league.

I don't know if Andersson got a Swiss passport? They have rules for max number of non native players in that league. His dad, an ex ranger BTW, played a lot in Switzerland.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

I don't know if Andersson got a Swiss passport? They have rules for max number of non native players in that league. His dad, an ex ranger BTW, played a lot in Switzerland.

Yeah he got the passport. It was in another article that I'll find later when I get the chance to.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The Rangers cut Calle's dad, Peter, loose in the 1993-94 season. They missed a big opportunity to cut Calle loose here.

I'm joking.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
this deal works. NYR did similar with Fast, after he signed he played another year in Europe. It keeps him in the NYR pipeline (he had to be signed by today), but the contract won't count among the limit of 50 for next year, as with Graves and Skapski and DuClair when they all go back to Junior. Spelling wont get signed in time probably. He's the only other at-risk draftee with Skjei, Nieves and Fogarty in NCAA. Tambellini will be an itehresting case, they don't have to sign him until 2015, but he'd be eligible for AHL. I hope he just spends a full year in WHL, signed or not.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
very happy.

i like this kids skills. hes a deft passer and a very good puck carrier. very fluid.

he needs to develop an edge to his play and adapt to the smaller rinks and larger more physical play here. he will never be a tough guy. he will pair well with a klein/skjei/mcilrath type defensive guy.

i see him as a comparable player to stralman with likely more offensive upside.

similar game to kim johnsson x rangers dman from 2000

more than anything, he has skills we need and he would fit nicely into an av system built around skating and pushing pucks up ice.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I don't consider it a good league at all. It's annoying that he has never really settled into a SEL role. I'm surprised we signed the kid, but I guess they are banking on pure raw potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad