I’ll just be the first ...
Jeffrey-Jones-Ferris-Buellers-Day-Off-645x370.jpg
Beat me to it!

Reactions: CasusBelli

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Exactly. Hartford signing and nothing more.
He actually spent all of this past season in the NHL and split 2018-2019 pretty much evenly. He's most likely going to end up in Hartford but with Fogarty, Nieves, McKegg, and Haley all potentially moving on, he could very well be the 13th/14th forward this year.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
He can play a 4th line spot on top team or be a leader on ahl club.....not a bad depth sign

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Steve Rooney, his uncle, was a very good college player at Providence, and he was one of my instructors at hockey camp a few years. Teammates with Claude Lemieux on the Habs when they beat us in the conf finals in 86.
Claude Lemieux is Brendan Lemieux's father.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Like it. He was an effective 3rd/4th line type with the Devils. Type of player that is always valuable with the more "high end" young talent the Rangers have and will be bringing in

Remember him also has a very good college player - won a national championship at Providence (against coach Quinn's BU team).

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Great pedigree. Fantastic captain. Won 5 titles with the Man Utd Ice Devils, won the champions league as well with them. This is going to be a wonderful signing. Just tell Quinn @ the boys not to mention his reciting hairline.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Opinion of this guy so far? To be honest although I bashed him at times, he has looked better recently.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Im quite happy with him on the 4th line. No complaints here. He should also fill an expansion requirement towards Seattle. He also seems like a good character guy. Nice depth signing.

I would rather lose Gauthier over Rooney. That is how unimpressed I have been with Gauthier. I still hope he makes it but he looks lost on the ice. He looks like an AHL minor leaguer. Not much potential but he has skill, he is not good at anything to stand out yet. If he was more aggressive and added grit and awareness to his game he could make it. I hope he is not a bust but looks that way to me.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I would rather lose Gauthier over Rooney. That is how unimpressed I have been with Gauthier. I still hope he makes it but he looks lost on the ice. He looks like an AHL minor leaguer. Not much potential but he has skill, he is not good at anything to stand out yet. If he was more aggressive and added grit and awareness to his game he could make it. I hope he is not a bust but looks that way to me.

Id like to continue to see Gauthier get some opportunities, but I’m not overly optimistic. I still think the trade was a good gamble to take regardless of the outcome. He just doesn’t seem like he’s going to score consistently at the NHL level and right now he doesn’t bring anything else to the table. A guy like Rooney is cheap, versatile, and can kill penalties. He might not be as talented but he’ll do things to help you win.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Not me. Gauthier still has much, MUCH higher potential. Rooney is an AHLer who can fill the role for a 4th liner on a bad team or a team with no center depth, which he is doing right now just fine. But Guathier needs to be given his fair shake, and 3 games with under 10 minutes isn't that.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Opinion of this guy so far? To be honest although I bashed him at times, he has looked better recently.
What's not to like? Wins face offs, makes himself noticeable, uses his size, not afraid to mix it up.

Solid 4th line center. When all are healthy, Lemiuex/Rooney/Howden make for a pretty good 4th line.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
lol I actually hated this signing but he's been pretty good. i'd actually rather him in the line-up even when we are healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->