Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Brandon Crawley to ELC

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: Ori

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Well, with Gettiner and Day sliding, it frees up a few slots. Could this be tied to Bereglazov going back to Russia?

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Matt Calamia tweeted it out just now, that should make it official.

Expected move given Hartfords D situation, Crawley should be a main stay on their 3rd pairing.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The team has like 46 contracts so this is not indicative of Bereglazov. Day getting sent back almost certainly triggered this

Good on him though. He had a good camp, and was better than I expected. I wasn’t a fan of the pick but I hope he continues to prove me wrong

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Good for him, if true. I was somewhat skeptical of the pick, but thus far he's looking decent.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He was really good in Traverse City and he was really good in the one preseason game he player. He can carry the puck with his head up. He's competitive and has a bit of edge.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
He was very noticeable in his one and only game, some bad reads and such as expected from a 20 year old but very involved with the play. He was taking the body, not giving his opposition time or space, he seems good enough defensively to stick in Hartford

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Nice. Looked good in the one pre-season game I saw him in, will be interested to see how he goes with the Pack (although based on their pre-season it could be a horror show down there this year).

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Sometimes you have guys who maybe aren't quite as talented as others but they work and compete harder and sometimes they make something out of themselves. I think Crawley might turn out to be one of them.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Hartford D, and our call up pool, both looking a lot better.

Don't see Hartford as being a great team at all but maybe with improved D, goaltending and some guys pushing it up front they can make a decent showing. Don't follow them enough to know really, but I'm trying to learn more.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Massive bump, but I had a Zoom call with Brandon yesterday, and will be publishing the interview in the coming days. Wanted to share my favourite quote:

101266376_388179818773908_4614040489434284032_n.png

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Massive bump, but I had a Zoom call with Brandon yesterday, and will be publishing the interview in the coming days. Wanted to share my favourite quote:

101266376_388179818773908_4614040489434284032_n.png

What is the significance of Zoom as opposed to Facetime or Whatsapp or whatever?

Good to know that Kreider does not yell or beat up prospects unlike Lundqvist :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What is the significance of Zoom as opposed to Facetime or Whatsapp or whatever?

Good to know that Kreider does not yell of beat up prospects unlike Lundqvist :)

In this case, Crawley uses Zoom haha. I give them the option to be honest. FB Messenger, Zoom, Skype (Yes, I'm that old), Whatsapp.

They sometimes suggest Facetime but that is only a possibility if I have my work phone on me as my private phone is an Android. I leave it up to them.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I still remember Crawley's London Knights profile page--his dad apparently is a Rangers fan but Crawley back then was all about the Devils.

.......and then the Rangers drafted him and it was his last eligible year as an overager. Goes into the next preseason and the Rangers played him one game and it was against New Jersey and he ruins the Devils the shutout. I think we lost 2-1 and he was the one who scored with a seeing eye shot from the point---which is kind of hilarious and must have been a big thrill for him.

To me he's a gamer kind of in the way that Lindgren is a gamer except that Lindgren is a much better player. Crawley plays hard and he's got a nasty streak much like Lindgren---he just doesn't have quite the talent or nearly the consistency and he runs around too much. The Rangers played him in one preseason game this year too and again against the Devils. He made a really awful mistake at the end of the first period--the puck died off his stick on a pass to his defense partner and a Devil went in on a breakaway and scored.

He tries hard though--he's not really an underachiever---he's just not good enough. Still I think he's decent at the AHL level.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Very very good interview. The Hunter's were both long time NHL'ers and Dale was particularly notorious for his no quarter style of game. I think he ended with over 1000 NHL points though. Very effective player and one of the most outstanding CHL coaches and the Knights are arguably the most iconic OHL team.

I really liked Crawley's insights on the differences between the AHL and the ECHL---whatever anybody says about Crawley and Ronning they both come across as great guys who've handled demotions with great positivity and character.

On his comments about Kreider---Chris is invaluable as much off the ice as on because of his willingness to get to know young players and prospects and help them to succeed. He and Zibanejad are certainly a great duo but Chris's ability to speak Russian has helped the assimilation of players from that part of the world onto the team. The Prentiss thing started with him too and he opens up his house to young players and prospects over the off season to train and learn about nutrition. I'm glad we resigned him.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Very very good interview. The Hunter's were both long time NHL'ers and Dale was particularly notorious for his no quarter style of game. I think he ended with over 1000 NHL points though. Very effective player and one of the most outstanding CHL coaches and the Knights are arguably the most iconic OHL team.

I really liked Crawley's insights on the differences between the AHL and the ECHL---whatever anybody says about Crawley and Ronning they both come across as great guys who've handled demotions with great positivity and character.

On his comments about Kreider---Chris is invaluable as much off the ice as on because of his willingness to get to know young players and prospects and help them to succeed. He and Zibanejad are certainly a great duo but Chris's ability to speak Russian has helped the assimilation of players from that part of the world onto the team. The Prentiss thing started with him too and he opens up his house to young players and prospects over the off season to train and learn about nutrition. I'm glad we resigned him.

Crawley's was one of the better interviews to do. We took our time, and talked about a bunch of things I didn't even include. Same with Ronning and Jones.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Crawley's was one of the better interviews to do. We took our time, and talked about a bunch of things I didn't even include. Same with Ronning and Jones.

It's been a rocky road as a CHL'er (passed up twice in the draft as numerous teammates get chosen) and a pro for him and I don't think he's going to end up as an NHL player but he comes across as appreciative for the chance he's gotten and really most people his age don't get these kinds of experiences. I do always wonder how a player is going to take being sent to a lower level. Some handle it better--some it's just needing to mature more. Talking about the #14 and how he had to earn it--it's the right attitude.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It's been a rocky road as a CHL'er (passed up twice in the draft as numerous teammates get chosen) and a pro for him and I don't think he's going to end up as an NHL player but he comes across as appreciative for the chance he's gotten and really most people his age don't get these kinds of experiences. I do always wonder how a player is going to take being sent to a lower level. Some handle it better--some it's just needing to mature more. Talking about the #14 and how he had to earn it--it's the right attitude.

I am just glad fans are enjoying the interviews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad