Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Artemi Panarin (7 years, $11.64M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
You never want to be in a position where your team is reliant on a single "peice". That was the issue with the Rangers for years. They had a Gaborik. A Nash. A Jagr. But who was complementing their scoring.

By signing Panarin and bringing Trouba, they are banking on Kravtsov and Kakko being the offensive pieces along with Zibanejad and Panarin. They are banking on their D prospects making real impacts soon. They are banking on Shestyorkin being the real deal.

If none of the above is true, then signing Panarin makes no difference.

We essentially have a potential 40 goal scorer in Kakko and potentially three 30 goal scorers in Ziba, Artemi and Kravtsov. I’d say the offense looks pretty good.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The rebuild is pretty much over. Giving a soon to be 28 year old that much money brings a pressure to win ASAP.

I've said this dozens of times here and I'll say it again, I think this has been Gorton's plan all along especially once we the hockey gods smiled upon us and gave us Kakko. He didn't want to be a lottery team anymore despite what some in here kept saying and that we weren't good enough.

When Gorton signed Fox and than Trouba it really became apparent, he was accelerating things. Now that we have Panarin, it's on and I do anticipate us being a bubbleish type playoff team.

What' so great is the rebuild hasn't ended at all. It's just gotten a shot of some steroids. Look out NHL...the baby Rangers are coming at ya...lol

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Whether you wanted him or not, this AAV is basically right in line with what most models projected, and Gorton didn't budge from his initial stance. They'll have plenty of money coming off the books in upcoming years to sign the kids, and they still have movable pieces to shed some salary.

We just got our best player, who instantly helps add an offensive superstar to take some pressure off of the kids. Hell, he even has as a track record of playing well with kids in CBJ.

If we still have a down year, we head into next year with another lottery pick, the same future cap flexibility, and we still have Panarin locked in at a reasonable price. This is gonna be a fun year for the Rangers.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Yeah let's watch Kreider walk for nothing. Great asset management.
So you propose that if they are in the playoffs they deal him at the deadline? You think that's the right now bc of asset management, to undercut the team down the stretch run and into the playoffs? Seriously? And you think Gorton has demonstrated this kind of attitude?

The right move with kreider would be/is to deal him this summer but you need another vet to insulate the 2nd line. I've said that repeatedly and all you come back with is whining about CK walking for peanuts or nothing. I get it, I dont want to give away assets either, but they also are not going to run 3 kids in their top 6 with just zib panarin and buch. I just dont see them doing that. I'd expect each of KK, VK and FC to be on different lines to start the season. They aren't putting two teenagers on the same line in the top 6 to start the season, and just bc FC turns 20 in september doesnt magically mean his game has matured.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We essentially have a potential 40 goal scorer in Kakko and potentially three 30 goal scorers in Ziba, Artemi and Kravtsov. I’d say the offense looks pretty good.
Essentially, there is nothing of the sort. Kakko and Kravstov are 18 years old. You will be searching very hard to find how many 18 year olds scored that many goals. If your belief that Kakko scores 40 next year and Kravstov scores 30, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. You HOPE that they develop into such players. Reality tells you that it will more than likely take a while.

As for ZBad. this was the first time he scored 30. Would love to see him do it again.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Whether you wanted him or not, this AAV is basically right in line with what most models projected, and Gorton didn't budge from his initial stance. They'll have plenty of money coming off the books in upcoming years to sign the kids, and they still have movable pieces to shed some salary.

We just got our best player, who instantly helps add an offensive superstar to take some pressure off of the kids. Hell, he even has as a track record of playing well with kids in CBJ.

If we still have a down year, we head into next year with another lottery pick, the same future cap flexibility, and we still have Panarin locked in at a reasonable price. This is gonna be a fun year for the Rangers.

So, Zibanejad is up for a new contract in a few years, and he’s put up 80-90 point seasons, and we don’t have the center to replace him, and Kakko and Kravtsov are coming up for big payouts, how is that all fitting together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->