Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Artemi Panarin (7 years, $11.64M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This team is going to compete for the playoffs and if they are in a position to make it they arent going to trade him at the deadline. They would ride him and deal his rights at the draft.

If they do trade him this summer than they are going to either bring in another vet in the deal to help take pressure off the 2 line, or youll see vlad or strome playing on the 2 line a lot. They aren't rolling a 2 line of buch with 2 kids. cant see it. That being said, I'm not even convinced panarin will play with zibs

Deal his rights? And get peanuts.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
"This 11.6 cap hit is better than what I was expecting" is definitely a fascinating combination of words for me but yet I agree

I am happy

We have overcome the Panarin shot-handedness photoshop bungle
That is why we had to up our offer from $11.5. He wanted an extra $142k per year to spend on therapy services to overcome being so offended by us getting his handedness wrong.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
His game also — to my knowledge — doesn’t heavily rely on skating speed or strength to the extent. He reads plays well, is great with his stick and has a fantastic shot. Barring injury troubles, he should prove a solid long-term asset. Not a PPG type in seven years — but I’d still expect 60 points from him at 33-34.

Literally every player that comes through here has the same thing said about them. St. Louis. Richards. Kreider. Etc. There is no way to predict which players will and won't perform at that age. But it's a good bet to assume that they won't.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
If you are paying someone nearly 12 mill per he better be the piece.

You never want to be in a position where your team is reliant on a single "peice". That was the issue with the Rangers for years. They had a Gaborik. A Nash. A Jagr. But who was complementing their scoring.

By signing Panarin and bringing Trouba, they are banking on Kravtsov and Kakko being the offensive pieces along with Zibanejad and Panarin. They are banking on their D prospects making real impacts soon. They are banking on Shestyorkin being the real deal.

If none of the above is true, then signing Panarin makes no difference.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Deal his rights? And get peanuts.
IF the team is in a playoff spot at the deadline they arent going to deal CK unless they add to him for a player under contract. Gorton has been saying from the start he believes in competing and doing things the right way. He said that at the lottery and the draft, That they were rewarded for competing and not tanking. He's not going to pull a 180 on that at the deadline and deal CK from a team IF they are in a playoff position. It would be completely contradictory to what he's done. That being said he could still be dealt this summer, but if he is I would imagine they bring in another vet that can insulate the 2nd line short term.

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
In a couple years when the new usa tv deal pumps the cap up again this contract wont even be a discussion.

Just curious if this means CK is traded this summer or kept as an own rental to help support kids on the 2nd line.
I hope you are right.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
What does this even mean. We were arguably the worst team in the NHL last year. Panarin is being paid to be 'the guy.' How is he not?

Because they are banking on Kravtsov and Kakko to be major pieces of this offense. Not sure how that isn't obvious as they are making huge deals on both of them.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of this term, but I'm just saying the team last year is not the 19-20 team.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
IF the team is in a playoff spot at the deadline they arent going to deal CK unless they add to him for a player under contract. Gorton has been saying from the start he believes in competing and doing things the right way. He said that at the lottery and the draft, That they were rewarded for competing and not tanking. He's not going to pull a 180 on that at the deadline and deal CK from a team IF they are in a playoff position. It would be completely contradictory to what he's done. That being said he could still be dealt this summer, but if he is I would imagine they bring in another vet that can insulate the 2nd line short term.

Yeah let's watch Kreider walk for nothing. Great asset management.

Reactions: jas and Cassano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->