Rangers Season Tickets Holders

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
I imagine that at least for the start of the season vaccination proof will be required. Not a big deal in my opinion, when i showed proof last season and at Mets games earlier this year it took 15 seconds.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I imagine that at least for the start of the season vaccination proof will be required. Not a big deal in my opinion, when i showed proof last season and at Mets games earlier this year it took 15 seconds.
At citified I don’t think they checked your id but they did at the coliseum. I haven’t been to msg. The Knicks said vaccinated only in round 2 and I thought they extended that to the regular season. I can’t see the Knicks and rangers having different policies.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
rep said they are waiting to see how the winter olympiucs are sorted out to see whether schedule will change or not before releasing tiers. if unresolved in a few weeks they will share
Makes sense. Especially if the alternate schedule has a tuesday game moving to a saturday or vice-versa.

I did hear on one of the NHL network radio shows on Sunday (I think it was Sunday), "It looks like NHLers will be going to the Olympics." Supposedly biggest issue was Covid insurance, but they have found a company.

Reactions: Rangers2319

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'd also imagine they're waiting on the start times to be finalized too. There's a difference between a 7 PM Sunday game and say 12:30 or 1 in terms of value.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Also, has anyone started listing tickets? I've marked my tickets as vaccination required on StubHub and such just to cover my bases. I don't think it'd be a problem but I don't want my tickets to sell and then there's an issue down the line since they weren't marked with it.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Also, has anyone started listing tickets? I've marked my tickets as vaccination required on StubHub and such just to cover my bases. I don't think it'd be a problem but I don't want my tickets to sell and then there's an issue down the line since they weren't marked with it.
I listed my Sunday games assuming vaccinations are required.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
I spoke with my rep today regarding a bag policy for next season. Its something MSG is talking about internally as many business start requiring folks to return to office.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Does anyone know if you buy a 1/2 or 1/4 season plan if you get the automatic option to renew those seats, or if you have to re-pick every year based on what's available?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Does anyone know if you buy a 1/2 or 1/4 season plan if you get the automatic option to renew those seats, or if you have to re-pick every year based on what's available?
That is something that has changed year to year. Sometimes they come with renewal rights, some years they have not. The guy who used to sit next to me had 1/2 seasons. One year, he was gone. I ran into him randomly and told me that he was forced by MSG to move his seats. Don't remember why.

jeff spicoli

Nov 27, 2005
That is something that has changed year to year. Sometimes they come with renewal rights, some years they have not. The guy who used to sit next to me had 1/2 seasons. One year, he was gone. I ran into him randomly and told me that he was forced by MSG to move his seats. Don't remember why.

Yeah, good call. I think renewal policies have a lot to do with demand. I started with a mini plan for the 1995-96 season. I got a letter before the following season that I needed to upgrade to full season or I was out.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Heard back from my rep. MSG is keeping the NO BAG policy as of now for the start of the season. Plan accordingly if you're coming from work and heading to the game.

Reactions: Kane One

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I'm looking at buying a quarter season plan but the MSG virtual seating chart doesn't show accurate views.

For example, the view for Section 224 row 21 shows a view from row 18 or so. Does anyone know if the bridge blocks any. part of the ice from that far up?

Lex444

Jun 22, 2009
I'm looking at buying a quarter season plan but the MSG virtual seating chart doesn't show accurate views.

For example, the view for Section 224 row 21 shows a view from row 18 or so. Does anyone know if the bridge blocks any. part of the ice from that far up?
The bridge blocks the scoreboard - not the ice

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Anyone know when we can start selling games through the TM exchange for games you know you can't make?

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
The bridge blocks the scoreboard - not the ice
Thanks.

Do you think the pricing here makes sense? Two tickets for the premium games are $3694, which averages to $168 per ticket. It’s $119 per ticket for a full season if I don’t take into account that pre-season tickets are cheaper than regular season. Seems like a pretty steep premium for a quarter season, no?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Thanks.

Do you think the pricing here makes sense? Two tickets for the premium games are $3694, which averages to $168 per ticket. It’s $119 per ticket for a full season if I don’t take into account that pre-season tickets are cheaper than regular season. Seems like a pretty steep premium for a quarter season, no?

Rangers do variable pricing for games so the premium plan has all a ton of higher priced games in that plan. That combined with the higher prices for new business/quarter plans is how you get that $168. Financially, it's an easy no to that plan. Even if you were to get full season, you're still paying $30 more per ticket than tenured season ticket holders since that's their new business price.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Rangers do variable pricing for games so the premium plan has all a ton of higher priced games in that plan. That combined with the higher prices for new business/quarter plans is how you get that $168. Financially, it's an easy no to that plan. Even if you were to get full season, you're still paying $30 more per ticket than tenured season ticket holders since that's their new business price.
So would you say I’d be better off trying to find someone sell similar games at face value? That’s probably already hard to do anyway and would probably go for even more than these, so I’m guessing it’s just one of those things where I’d just need to suck it up then.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
So would you say I’d be better off trying to find someone sell similar games at face value? That’s probably already hard to do anyway and would probably go for even more than these, so I’m guessing it’s just one of those things where I’d just need to suck it up then.

I think if you played your cards right and were okay maybe not going to a few of those games at all, you'd be able to get every one of those games at 168 or lower by secondary market or buying direct from other plan holders. Hell just looking at the schedule quickly and without knowing the face value tiers, I'd be willing to sell a few of those games that I'm not going to myself at 168 or less per and I'm in 225 row 15.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I think if you played your cards right and were okay maybe not going to a few of those games at all, you'd be able to get every one of those games at 168 or lower by secondary market or buying direct from other plan holders. Hell just looking at the schedule quickly and without knowing the face value tiers, I'd be willing to sell a few of those games that I'm not going to myself at 168 or less per and I'm in 225 row 15.
Ok cool. Thanks for the advice!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad