Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Looks like the Excelsior Pass program is fully active now.

Excelsior Pass
Just to put it out there, there is obviously massive controversy over this sort of Vaccine Passport thing. I have no problem getting one and using it in the short term to access public places, the problem is if all of a sudden they start requiring it to have a bank account or internet service and going down that nazi path of "show me your papers" and then there's all the book of revelation mark of the beast stuff that some people are freaked out about.

I think the middle ground is understanding that there is no conspiracy in this vaccine, it was scientifically produced and you shouldn't worry about taking it but at the same time if you don't think it's wise for you then you should have that right and still maintain the right to function in society. IMO this vaccine passport should be abolished ASAP after the pandemic is basically over when we have heard immunity. At that point the people being put at risk are those that have chosen to take that risk and life has to go on

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Just to put it out there, there is obviously massive controversy over this sort of Vaccine Passport thing. I have no problem getting one and using it in the short term to access public places, the problem is if all of a sudden they start requiring it to have a bank account or internet service and going down that nazi path of "show me your papers" and then there's all the book of revelation mark of the beast stuff that some people are freaked out about.

I think the middle ground is understanding that there is no conspiracy in this vaccine, it was scientifically produced and you shouldn't worry about taking it but at the same time if you don't think it's wise for you then you should have that right and still maintain the right to function in society. IMO this vaccine passport should be abolished ASAP after the pandemic is basically over when we have heard immunity. At that point the people being put at risk are those that have chosen to take that risk and life has to go on

Well put

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
I've got mine. I'm very much on the fence abut renewing. Not sure I see the aftermarket to move 30 games. Would love to split my seats with someone.

I think the value will be there next season as we move back towards normal. This shit can't go on forever and by some point next season we should see the building at close to or at full capacity. Depending on what the league does with the schedule could impact resale value as well. Best case scenario we only play the eastern conference next year and end up with extra games vs the Islanders and other rivals to resell instead of dead games like Arizona or Anaheim.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I think the value will be there next season as we move back towards normal. This shit can't go on forever and by some point next season we should see the building at close to or at full capacity. Depending on what the league does with the schedule could impact resale value as well. Best case scenario we only play the eastern conference next year and end up with extra games vs the Islanders and other rivals to resell instead of dead games like Arizona or Anaheim.

I don't think "normal" will be the same pre-normal though. You're going to have less corporate accounts presumably as there will be less of a need to entertain clients with people working from home or due to budget cutbacks and tourism won't be the way it was pre-pandemic especially if there's still any travel restrictions. Both of those drive prices. I don't want to sound like a downer but next year could be pretty rough even if the team is on the rise. Tickets are already overpriced as is.

Reactions: Draft Guru

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Guys, I’m going to the game Thursday and was wondering from some of the vets where it’s best to go after the game to meet the players on the street? Is it outside MSG near the main entrance? Or is it near the garage?

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Guys, I’m going to the game Thursday and was wondering from some of the vets where it’s best to go after the game to meet the players on the street? Is it outside MSG near the main entrance? Or is it near the garage?

Players can't interact with fans this year due to the COVID Protocol and part of their return to play agreement. The NHL is pretty strict and Crosby ended up on the COVID list earlier this year after interacting with fans on Long Island.

Reactions: Anthony5967

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
I don't think "normal" will be the same pre-normal though. You're going to have less corporate accounts presumably as there will be less of a need to entertain clients with people working from home or due to budget cutbacks and tourism won't be the way it was pre-pandemic especially if there's still any travel restrictions. Both of those drive prices. I don't want to sound like a downer but next year could be pretty rough even if the team is on the rise. Tickets are already overpriced as is.

I agree that it won't be the same normal but I think tourism and general fan interest will be there personally. You can see it now as the weather is getting nicer tourists are starting to come back to the city, especially given that hotels are basically begging people to come into town. I was walking through the 9/11 memorial on my way home from the train the other day and it more or less looked like the old days with the number of out of towners down there.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Going Tuesday. Any word on whether or not any additional food opened up? I can't really hang with hot dogs and pretzels.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Burgers and Chicken tenders were served at the last game i went to vs Buffalo
As of last night, that's all that's available. And I forgot the chicken place in the 200s is no longer rogue, serving the old waffle fries but rather is team regular fries now, which is disappointing. Great game to watch last night but starving by the time I came home.

Regarding the whole experience and how it was different from February -- they scanned my Excelsior pass at the door and glanced at my health survey and that was basically it.

The seating was a little odd. There were 4 groups in my row in the 200s so when you got up you had to get by people while 2 rows ahead and behind were closed off. The good thing, though, is that the crowd is predominantly fans so absolutely no one got up during a period. That being said, I did notice the infiltration by a few hipster/corporate types though it was mainly fans who screamed at every glorious goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trotsnj

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
As of last night, that's all that's available. And I forgot the chicken place in the 200s is no longer rogue, serving the old waffle fries but rather is team regular fries now, which is disappointing. Great game to watch last night but starving by the time I came home.

Regarding the whole experience and how it was different from February -- they scanned my Excelsior pass at the door and glanced at my health survey and that was basically it.

The seating was a little odd. There were 4 groups in my row in the 200s so when you got up you had to get by people while 2 rows ahead and behind were closed off. The good thing, though, is that the crowd is predominantly fans so absolutely no one got up during a period. That being said, I did notice the infiltration by a few hipster/corporate types though it was mainly fans who screamed at every glorious goal.
How does food/beer work? Are you allowed to just get up or everything has to be delivered to you? And what is the procedure on the bathroom? Can you just get up whenever or is there is there the normal mad dash in the intermissions?

Heading to the Philly game on the 25th.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
How does food/beer work? Are you allowed to just get up or everything has to be delivered to you? And what is the procedure on the bathroom? Can you just get up whenever or is there is there the normal mad dash in the intermissions?

Heading to the Philly game on the 25th.

Food/Drinks/Bathroom is pretty much business as usual. With less people in the building the longest lines tend to be at the self serve beer/soda coolers that are setup throughout the arena.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Food/Drinks/Bathroom is pretty much business as usual. With less people in the building the longest lines tend to be at the self serve beer/soda coolers that are setup throughout the arena.
You are generally allowed to eat or drink in your seat only. Hope you're cool with Bud Light or Stella. There are mixed drinks though.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
After seeing the kid line look relatively good on Tuesday, I renewed. Maybe there is hope, Obi Wan.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
You are generally allowed to eat or drink in your seat only. Hope you're cool with Bud Light or Stella. There are mixed drinks though.

The bars have a few more beer choices as well. I've seen Ultra, Toasted lager, Bud/BL/Stella Coors and Heineken for sale this year.

Reactions: ponytrekker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad