Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Just scheduled the appointment online on cvs.com. My wife is a hairdresser and I work with the public occasionally so I checked yes to the question "Do you work in a special setting where the risk of COVID-19 transmission may be high?"
Great to know. All good info for sure.
I was just curious about the rapid testing nyc someone posted for 250 bucks. Seems like the individual is on the hook if the insurance company doesn't pony up. But seems like from most of the responses the insurance company is paying for it

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Great to know. All good info for sure.
I was just curious about the rapid testing nyc someone posted for 250 bucks. Seems like the individual is on the hook if the insurance company doesn't pony up. But seems like from most of the responses the insurance company is paying for it
Remains to be seen how many tests an insurer will cover.

Reactions: bl02

DudleyDoWright5

Mar 8, 2010
Dirty Jersey.
www.youtube.com
I've been lurking here for sometime but I'd love to ask a question and if anyone could provide some insight, I'd appreciate it.

Initially, as a deposit holder for tickets, I got last dibs for the latest games but the site said something was up with my Ticketmaster account (I don't think their system has me as a season ticket holder which is why the link prob didn't work) and I missed out on the initial wave of tickets.

Now, I want to buy some off the secondary market since I'm thinking of going on Tuesday. (I'm waiting for the results of my COVID test) Generally, I would just use Stub Hub or Gametime to get in but now that we need to take the survey MSG App, I'm a bit confused.

Would I be able to transfer a ticket from that secondary app to the MSG App so I can take the needed survey or am I able to take said survey at MSG when I get there?

Sorry if this was all loaded. Just curious if anyone could offer some insight.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Anyone here go? How was it? How crazy are they at the gate over the covid test?

For me, they checked everything pretty in depth. I had a screenshot of my test on the phone and they checked the result, matched name to ID, and checked the date of it. Also had to pull up the survey on the app to confirm entry and also took my temperature outside.

Inside the building was very eerie at first with how many things were closed. The only concession stands open were the basic Garden Market stands plus some of the beer stands. In terms of food, all they had was hot dogs, pretzels, chips, m&m’s, and I think twizzlers. They had some pop up merch stands too.

I really enjoyed the experience though. It was nice being able to space out, not have to worry about lines, and in all honesty, it might have been only 2K fans but it almost felt like your regular run of the mill home game in terms of noise with how much noise the 2K made. It was all diehards who wanted to be there and were into it.

Reactions: Cmox

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah sucked that none of the good food places were open. Also i came via Penn station, it's crazy how everything in penn station is shut down. All the stores are boarded up.

Blueshirt67

Sep 18, 2011
Anyone here go? How was it? How crazy are they at the gate over the covid test?
Very easy getting in, I had surveys for my whole party on my phone, they didnt even look at my covid test. Less than 5 minutes total. Drinking beer all night, nobody telling me to keep my mask on. It was really good.

Reactions: Cmox

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
For me, they checked everything pretty in depth. I had a screenshot of my test on the phone and they checked the result, matched name to ID, and checked the date of it. Also had to pull up the survey on the app to confirm entry and also took my temperature outside.

Inside the building was very eerie at first with how many things were closed. The only concession stands open were the basic Garden Market stands plus some of the beer stands. In terms of food, all they had was hot dogs, pretzels, chips, m&m’s, and I think twizzlers. They had some pop up merch stands too.

I really enjoyed the experience though. It was nice being able to space out, not have to worry about lines, and in all honesty, it might have been only 2K fans but it almost felt like your regular run of the mill home game in terms of noise with how much noise the 2K made. It was all diehards who wanted to be there and were into it.
That's not in depth, that's just taking your evidence at face value. Anybody with Acrobat pro can put in a name and test result on avpiece of paper. The garden isn't going to call the lab and verify anything

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
That's not in depth, that's just taking your evidence at face value. Anybody with Acrobat pro can put in a name and test result on avpiece of paper. The garden isn't going to call the lab and verify anything

I meant in depth as in looking it over as opposed to just seeing negative or not checking at all. There’s obviously no feasible way to ensure that every one 100% got tested unless they routed testing through them. It’s an honor system.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Went this afternoon and saw two people get rejected at the Covid test checkpoint and told to go to the Stewart hotel. When my turn came up they looked at my phone for half a second and then matched my name with my drivers license and i was good to go.

Not a huge fan of the new NFC ticket scanning, it takes a good 20 seconds per ticket it for it to register with the MSG device. Beyond that it felt like a normal time at a pre season game.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Went this afternoon and saw two people get rejected at the Covid test checkpoint and told to go to the Stewart hotel. When my turn came up they looked at my phone for half a second and then matched my name with my drivers license and i was good to go.

Not a huge fan of the new NFC ticket scanning, it takes a good 20 seconds per ticket it for it to register with the MSG device. Beyond that it felt like a normal time at a pre season game.

After sitting through that garbage, I'd demand a refund.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
anybody know if the clubs are running with the buffet? (Delta, rinkside, Madison)

Everything on level 5 is a red zone and is off limits to fans. The Madison club seems to be where they're putting the first responders of the game and their families so who knows what kind of food they're serving in there. Given that the entire building is only selling hot dogs, pretzels, and bottled / canned drinks i can't imagine there is any sort of upscale catering.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

You mean from the wallet right? They couldn't get it to work Friday so I just pulled up the barcodes from the account manager.

Today's game was definitely a sleeper both on the ice and in the crowd. Obviously there was nothing to cheer for but it felt eerily quiet today especially during intermissions.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Everything on level 5 is a red zone and is off limits to fans. The Madison club seems to be where they're putting the first responders of the game and their families so who knows what kind of food they're serving in there. Given that the entire building is only selling hot dogs, pretzels, and bottled / canned drinks i can't imagine there is any sort of upscale catering.

I did notice that they were using the event level suites behind the benches for the celebs.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
You mean from the wallet right? They couldn't get it to work Friday so I just pulled up the barcodes from the account manager.

Today's game was definitely a sleeper both on the ice and in the crowd. Obviously there was nothing to cheer for but it felt eerily quiet today especially during intermissions.

Yeah exactly, I'm going to hit Wallgreens tomorrow for another test and see if it comes back before Tuesday 5-5:30. If prices bottom out I'll head uptown after work and see what deals can be had.

But another $90 like today will not be happening.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Sunday was a novelty more than anything else. While it has been a year since a NYR game, hot dogs, pretzels and $14 Bud Lights don't improve a lousy game. Plus, the whole timing the test was a PITA, and really adds only a small layer to safety. Since most test results are printed, anyone with Word can fake it; even if valid, tests in any event are just a snapshot of what was and wasn't picked up that moment. Myriad stories of mask-free events preceded by tests that turned out to be superspreaders.

I am glad I could support the people working at MSG though.

Talk to me when you have vaccine passports.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Has anyone resold tickets on any of the big marketplaces yet? Noticed that stubhub says you can't split consecutive seats otherwise you'll face a penalty.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Sunday was a novelty more than anything else. While it has been a year since a NYR game, hot dogs, pretzels and $14 Bud Lights don't improve a lousy game. Plus, the whole timing the test was a PITA, and really adds only a small layer to safety. Since most test results are printed, anyone with Word can fake it; even if valid, tests in any event are just a snapshot of what was and wasn't picked up that moment. Myriad stories of mask-free events preceded by tests that turned out to be superspreaders.

I am glad I could support the people working at MSG though.

Talk to me when you have vaccine passports.
Ask and ye shall receive.
https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/COVID-19_App.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad