Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
So I'm going to say something good about StubHub. I accidentally uploaded the Caps game while fulfilling the Ottawa game. They caught it. I had to call, send the right file to eTix and I made the lady stay on hold with me until she sent me an email that they fixed my mistake. That could have been a pretty bad mistake on my part. For all the crap people say, I wanted to say something good that happened to me as a seller.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
So I'm going to say something good about StubHub. I accidentally uploaded the Caps game while fulfilling the Ottawa game. They caught it. I had to call, send the right file to eTix and I made the lady stay on hold with me until she sent me an email that they fixed my mistake. That could have been a pretty bad mistake on my part. For all the crap people say, I wanted to say something good that happened to me as a seller.
better re-generate those caps barcodes or the buyer could screw you

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone here have stubs from Saturday's game they are willing to part with? I took my kid and want to get a few to do something with. PM if you have them.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Just think of if as if the Yankees decided to play in a Stadium 60% smaller, had 50% less games, got rid of the NFL, then made a time machine so there was never any Giants, Dodgers, or Mets, and you would have the Toronto Maple Leafs and their ticket market

I have family who work in the Service Industry in Florida. They tell me that Maple Leaf fans themselves say they are better off hopping on a snow-bird shuttle to Florida for the weekend and catching a game in Florida than securing tickets to see the Leafs in Toronto.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I have family who work in the Service Industry in Florida. They tell me that Maple Leaf fans themselves say they are better off hopping on a snow-bird shuttle to Florida for the weekend and catching a game in Florida than securing tickets to see the Leafs in Toronto.
Sat next to a family from Vegas at Vegas-Coyotes game last week. Dad told me he had been looking for six tickets so he could bring his kids to a game. He was able to buy six tickets in Phoenix AND pay for gas and hotel for the cost of two tickets in Vegas.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
First time I have tickets that expired without selling. Could not make it and nobody bought them. Assuming this is just a loss at this point?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
while its not what its been the last 5 years, its been better than i anticipated

Yeah, I've got no complaints though it's all dependent on your price point.

Sat next to a family from Vegas at Vegas-Coyotes game last week. Dad told me he had been looking for six tickets so he could bring his kids to a game. He was able to buy six tickets in Phoenix AND pay for gas and hotel for the cost of two tickets in Vegas.

I could believe it. I'm heading out to Arizona for the game in January. I bought tickets through the Coyotes. Just under $50 a ticket got me a seat in the lower bowl just above the goal line, a hot dog, and a soda. All of that for a Rangers game on a Sunday afternoon. Crazy. I'm expecting to pay triple (maybe even more) for a similar seat in Vegas.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Yeah, I've got no complaints though it's all dependent on your price point.

I could believe it. I'm heading out to Arizona for the game in January. I bought tickets through the Coyotes. Just under $50 a ticket got me a seat in the lower bowl just above the goal line, a hot dog, and a soda. All of that for a Rangers game on a Sunday afternoon. Crazy. I'm expecting to pay triple (maybe even more) for a similar seat in Vegas.
I bought Vegas tickets today and paid 250% more that my Vegas-Coyote tickets last week. Same seats.

I’d love to meet you when you are out here. Look me up

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
First time I have tickets that expired without selling. Could not make it and nobody bought them. Assuming this is just a loss at this point?
Guy who sits to my right had his tickets for yesterday, saturday against the caps and last monday against the stars listed and he could not sell them. The 2 Monday games he had at $75 each and couldn't get a taker (our cost is 89 each). Caps game he listed at 125, couldn't sell. For the Caps game,the variable price for our seats was $181 each.

I think a big part of the problem is the site itself. When you go to ticketdisaster or through the team website and try to buy individual tickets, only the tickets the garden is selling come up. You have to find the box for resale in a drop down menu, and click it for the seats to come up. Those who aren't all that familiar with the site or only buy tickets on occasion are not likely to realize what to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbop

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Guy who sits to my right had his tickets for yesterday, saturday against the caps and last monday against the stars listed and he could not sell them. The 2 Monday games he had at $75 each and couldn't get a taker (our cost is 89 each). Caps game he listed at 125, couldn't sell. For the Caps game,the variable price for our seats was $181 each.

I think a big part of the problem is the site itself. When you go to ticketdisaster or through the team website and try to buy individual tickets, only the tickets the garden is selling come up. You have to find the box for resale in a drop down menu, and click it for the seats to come up. Those who aren't all that familiar with the site or only buy tickets on occasion are not likely to realize what to do.

When they launched the events pages originally in June, it automatically displayed all the resale seats with the primary seats. Sometime in September I believe they turned it off so you could only see the primary seats. I'm sure it's the Rangers doing to try and push their own inventory first.

Reactions: eKardz

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It’s been tough this season for us season ticket holders.

I've done well overall. Got the tickets up early and it's paid off.

I did notice that when looking to make sure the price changes I make happen.

I've sold mostly through them. Stubhub when I can't sell them through ticketmaster last minute. Been to three games so far (Flames, Sabres, and Caps). Sold the rest. Will be going to a lot of the December and January games, so it works out.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

I have the same cost. Sold the caps game (4 seats) for 160 on Vivid. I sold a total of 3 pairs on TM. The site just plain sucks for selling.

When they launched the events pages originally in June, it automatically displayed all the resale seats with the primary seats. Sometime in September I believe they turned it off so you could only see the primary seats. I'm sure it's the Rangers doing to try and push their own inventory first.
I'm not sure what you mean. When I look for tickets on TM I can turn resale or primary on or off.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I'm not sure what you mean. When I look for tickets on TM I can turn resale or primary on or off.
Yeah and most people don't know what that means so they never see the secondary listings. MSG will only default that option to 'show' if the game is approaching sellout. They make 20% on resale fees but they get 100% on primary sales so it's in their interest to promote and sell their inventory first

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Yeah and most people don't know what that means so they never see the secondary listings. MSG will only default that option to 'show' if the game is approaching sellout. They make 20% on resale fees but they get 100% on primary sales so it's in their interest to promote and sell their inventory first
I don't see why anyone here is mad or surprised about this.

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
I don't see why anyone here is mad or surprised about this.

Exactly....why are people shocked the Rangers are trying to make money?!?!? If anything, you should be more angry at the last minute passes which have crippled the secondary market.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Exactly....why are people shocked the Rangers are trying to make money?!?!? If anything, you should be more angry at the last minute passes which have crippled the secondary market.

I don't think people are mad as much as they're just explaining why tickets aren't moving as quickly. I can attest to games not moving as quickly as my end once they flipped the switch to not display resales automatically.

And people should be angry but I'd also make the argument that the vast majority of the fan base has no idea it exists and even if they do, many people simply can't or don't want to make plans less than 24 hours before puck drop.

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013

Last year NYR played Phoenix and Vegas on back-to-back nights and we had planned on going to both. We got hit with the snowstorm the Thursday before and didn’t make it out of JFK. The Vegas tickets we bought were about 150 for lower bowl goal line tickets about 20 rows off the ice. For the same price we got two rows above the penalty box in Phoenix.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY

This is a huge part, before the season I sold a ton of games because they all showed up, now you turn it off and on. While I understand they want people to see their inventory first, I feel like it's almost misleading the customer. By calling an item "resale tickets," to me, that sounds like tickets that will cost me more than what ticketmaster is charging. The name alone implies these were purchased for cost and being relisted. Whether that's true or not is fine, but that's what is implied, you will be paying more for these. When they turn it on, suffice to say, that's not the case 100% of the time, but that deterrent is enough for some people to not bother including that in their search.

Still, on the whole, I've been to 5 this year, sold a bunch before and after, and I am on pace to do better with resale this season than I did last year.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Where did you guys buy your seats for the Vegas game?

I'm a Vegas season ticket holder & they only place we're supposed to list our seats is on the Knights own ticket exchange. They are yanking tickets from STHs that list their seats anywhere else.

The team's site is so lame, nobody knows where to find it. It makes selling much harder than last year when the Knights were getting along swimmingly with Stubhub.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad