Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

rngrfnec

Sep 9, 2009
Hey, I know it's last minute but if anyone else here wants tickets to the meet and greet, I have two but I can't make it. Just PM me your email address and I'll send them over!

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Report from the Rangers Meet and Greet. So there are two floors. Looks like there is bar finger food. I’ve seen pretzels, hot dogs and sliders. Not sure what drinks are available. Waiting in the autograph line. Haven’t seen any players yet. Pretty good turn out.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
I was pretty disappointed in yesterday's meet and greet. I think the event was too large. I mean in 9 years having spent over 150k on season tickets, not including food, jerseys and other items I purchase or do. Including traveling and seeing these guys across the country, in Europe and such, I was disappointed. We left within an hour. They rushed us through like an assembly line, wouldn't let pictures with the players that were sitting at the autograph table, and only 1 signature per person. I had pictured this to be more chill like the happy hours where you can walk around, have food, and mingle with the players casually. With the crowd, I understand that it was not a possibility, but still we were rushed by some rude ushers, "1 item, have it out and have it ready!" Say that in the email before hand. I waited in the downstairs line and said screw the upstairs line, I will just get my autos and photos before the game like always. Would not return.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
By the way, after the Rangers rescheduled the '94 reunion game I contacted my rep as I had sold the new date and wanted to go. He offered me replacement tickets in the same area but had to get a price. The quoted price (which I took) was more than my variable price for that game but less than the average. Not sure if my choice of having variable prices rather than average on the ticket had anything to do with that.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I went to the event last night. It was pretty much what I expected with more people than I expected. I got everyone's signature except Claesson. I got a photo with Vesey with the professional photographer and it was in my inbox before I left the event and a photo with Zucc and Skjei with my phone.

The food was good, I didn't see long lines to play games, there were several bars so getting drinks was quick.

As for the 1 item per person, while I wasn't thrilled with that because I had two items, I saw people coming in with literally stacks of stuff to get signed.

I didn't expect to be standing next to Hayes at a hightop table asking him how the Sox are doing.

I also can't stand the 'i spent xxx on stuff' argument. I've had seats for 20+ years and in exchange for the money I spent, I got to watch hockey. The money I spend for merchandise got me merchandise and the money I spent traveling got me a mini vacation. I don't think the team owes me anything other than what I pay for. The events they have are nice to have, but far from something I feel entitled to.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
I went to the event last night. It was pretty much what I expected with more people than I expected. I got everyone's signature except Claesson. I got a photo with Vesey with the professional photographer and it was in my inbox before I left the event and a photo with Zucc and Skjei with my phone.

The food was good, I didn't see long lines to play games, there were several bars so getting drinks was quick.

As for the 1 item per person, while I wasn't thrilled with that because I had two items, I saw people coming in with literally stacks of stuff to get signed.

I didn't expect to be standing next to Hayes at a hightop table asking him how the Sox are doing.

I also can't stand the 'i spent xxx on stuff' argument. I've had seats for 20+ years and in exchange for the money I spent, I got to watch hockey. The money I spend for merchandise got me merchandise and the money I spent traveling got me a mini vacation. I don't think the team owes me anything other than what I pay for. The events they have are nice to have, but far from something I feel entitled to.

It's ok to disagree. But the money we spend literally does entitle us to better experiences. These events should be tailored better and more intimate. Joe Schmoes who didn't have tickets were getting tickets from members and showing up. It wasn't for them, it was for the people that spend the money. The team told me if I renewed my expensive ass tickets, I would get a meet and greet with the players, they didn't say I would be pushed and shoved along like the herds of cattle that come to the garden for 1 night a year.

I felt like I was at a baseball card show or steiner autograph session. It did not feel like a meet and greet.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Given the amount of people there, I didn’t have an issue with them trying to keep the lines moving. But given the size of the crowds; maybe for the future they should either limit RSVP’s to the number of seats on your account or maybe two separate meet and greets and offer different season ticket holders access to one or the other.

As another aside, they probably should have had a schedule or time thing for where all the players would be or what they were doing. A few people got say an autograph from Zuccarello and got back on line when he was taking pictures only for them to get back to the front and he was back to signing.

Overall I liked the event but it could definitely be executed better in the future.

Reactions: eKardz

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
Given the amount of people there, I didn’t have an issue with them trying to keep the lines moving. But given the size of the crowds; maybe for the future they should either limit RSVP’s to the number of seats on your account or maybe two separate meet and greets and offer different season ticket holders access to one or the other.

As another aside, they probably should have had a schedule or time thing for where all the players would be or what they were doing. A few people got say an autograph from Zuccarello and got back on line when he was taking pictures only for them to get back to the front and he was back to signing.

Overall I liked the event but it could definitely be executed better in the future.

My wife and I were saying the same thing, maybe 2-3 events for smaller groups. Would've made for a better experience.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
My wife and I were saying the same thing, maybe 2-3 events for smaller groups. Would've made for a better experience.
I'm pretty sure this experience was only for people that renewed with a Chase Card. That's a pretty decent subset of people that have seats.

Are you saying that if someone that doesn't want their meet and greet tickets shouldn't be able to give them to someone else?

You literally sound like Lonn Trost when he was talking about people that pay less for Legends seats at Yankee Stadium.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
I'm pretty sure this experience was only for people that renewed with a Chase Card. That's a pretty decent subset of people that have seats.

Are you saying that if someone that doesn't want their meet and greet tickets shouldn't be able to give them to someone else?

You literally sound like Lonn Trost when he was talking about people that pay less for Legends seats at Yankee Stadium.

Yes, I am saying that if STH didn't want to go, they shouldn't have been given to others. It was for STH who renewed with Chase.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Yes, I am saying that if STH didn't want to go, they shouldn't have been given to others. It was for STH who renewed with Chase.
How do you police that? If I don't want to go, can I give it to my kid? My wife? What if my kid doesn't have the same surname as me?

What if I have 4 seats and less people in my family?

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
How do you police that? If I don't want to go, can I give it to my kid? My wife? What if my kid doesn't have the same surname as me?

What if I have 4 seats and less people in my family?
Well not sure if you went to the coach gm event two weeks ago but the limited to two tickets per account. I thought that would be a good idea for this.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Well not sure if you went to the coach gm event two weeks ago but the limited to two tickets per account. I thought that would be a good idea for this.
It was also at a venue with seats and no mingling. You sound like you have 4 seats and only need two. If you had two kids, you'd feel differently.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
The town hall was not limited to 2 seats and you could give them to anyone you wanted with no restrictions. I've had various events for the rangers and knicks and there is no issue giving them away to people. How exclusive do you think these things are when there are hundreds if not thousands of invitees?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The town hall was not limited to 2 seats and you could give them to anyone you wanted with no restrictions. I've had various events for the rangers and knicks and there is no issue giving them away to people. How exclusive do you think these things are when there are hundreds if not thousands of invitees?

I think the Town Hall was limited to the number of seats on your account. I have 2 and could only RSVP 2 for that but was able to RSVP for 4 last night.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Beacon Theatre holds nearly 3,000 people. They wanted more people to show up. Sometimes the online form has a hard limit but I'd have a hard believing that if you asked your rep you couldn't get 4.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
anyone else have the happy hour tomorrow? did you receive any info regarding it?
I don't remember if I RSVPd or not but wanted to go. Don't have anything on my account so I'm going to check with my rep.

Edit: It's not a ticketed event so there won't be anything on your account. If you're not sure if you RSVPd check with your rep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad