Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Teams are starting to release their pre-season schedules.

Ranger home games will likely be during he week again as usual. Friday September 21st and Sunday September 23rd are both booked at MSG and Saturday September 22nd is the road game in Bridgeport v the Islanders.

Also, we in all likelihood won’t be seeing the ridiculous amount of home games we did last season in October. MSG has a ton of events booked in October as of now (assuming season starts the 3rd: 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 24th, and 27th are all booked). You can also pencil in 3 home preseason games for the Knicks in there plus there may be a few regular season games as the NBA season starts earlier now.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Ranger home games will likely be during he week again as usual. Friday September 21st and Sunday September 23rd are both booked at MSG and Saturday September 22nd is the road game in Bridgeport v the Islanders.

Also, we in all likelihood won’t be seeing the ridiculous amount of home games we did last season in October. MSG has a ton of events booked in October as of now (assuming season starts the 3rd: 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 24th, and 27th are all booked). You can also pencil in 3 home preseason games for the Knicks in there plus there may be a few regular season games as the NBA season starts earlier now.

Are they hosting multiple college bball tourneys in March, again?

Last year, we got the schedule on June 22nd, day before draft. Hopefully we get on the 21st this year.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Are they hosting multiple college bball tourneys in March, again?

Last year, we got the schedule on June 22nd, day before draft. Hopefully we get on the 21st this year.

Big East is always at MSG, Big Ten is back in Chicago this year. NIT is also at MSG every year. Not sure if there’s any other tournaments.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Just got my seat selection appointment for Thursday at 10 am (I put in a deposit when they started collecting them in March of last year)

Reactions: RangerSeth

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Update on the deposit process - the seat selection is NEXT Thursday, not tomorrow (I read the email wrong obviously). Also we won’t be able to pick our seats via the virtual map, instead my rep will call me and walk through the available seats. This smells fishy... like they’re holding back inventory and reps will be trying to upsell me row 1s and lower bowl crap.

Although my rep did call me today and noted the locations I wanted...

redlight2411

May 30, 2004
15 year season ticket holder here - 1st year i gave up my seats - but was put on the list for 1/2 season or full season relocation just to see whats out there. My time was today at 10am - heres a shot of the upper bowl random section 209 availability.

Attachments

• nyrseason2018.jpg
    nyrseason2018.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Mkdaman1818

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
15 year season ticket holder here - 1st year i gave up my seats - but was put on the list for 1/2 season or full season relocation just to see whats out there. My time was today at 10am - heres a shot of the upper bowl random section 209 availability.
Nice - is this half season or full season?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

I'm not surprised that there are quite a few seats at the price break row. It makes sense that people do not want those tickets, as row 15 is significantly cheaper, and they were able to get something closer.

I'm thinking MSG is going to change their price points soon (in terms of the rows). I could see them breaking up row 3-14 and even row 15+. Could see something like 3-8, 9-12, 13-17, and 18+.

They can't sell row 14 seats. They're always open on ticketmaster when single games show up. Adding in some price points would open up those rows.

redlight2411

May 30, 2004
Nice - is this half season or full season?

this was under full season. half season had some more seats. theres a white package and a blue package for half - the difficult thing is you dont think you know the split of games for either for the half season. (they wont know for 2 week i was told by my rep) if anyone wants to see a seat section lmk

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
this was under full season. half season had some more seats. theres a white package and a blue package for half - the difficult thing is you dont think you know the split of games for either for the half season. (they wont know for 2 week i was told by my rep) if anyone wants to see a seat section lmk
Any availability in the bridges for full season? And what are the price points?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Row 14 is at $130 per ticket. If you get row 15 in that same section, $99 per ticket. a $31 per ticket difference in 1 row.

That is not sustainable for MSG. The fact it exists is one of the weirdest things I've seen.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Row 14 is at $130 per ticket. If you get row 15 in that same section, $99 per ticket. a $31 per ticket difference in 1 row.

That is not sustainable for MSG. The fact it exists is one of the weirdest things I've seen.
I never understood why they didn’t do more price breaks - he’ll maybe even do price breaks per row! Pay $5 more to sit in row 15 vs 14. They already do so much stupid stuff with things like aisle seats and such, new business vs old business etc, you wonder why they don’t just have like 100 tiers.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

It is a bit crazy. Would really suck to sit in rows 13 or 14...heck, I'd be pissed to be in row 12 as well. I agree that they should probably look to make another tier or two to smooth out the price structure.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I never understood why they didn’t do more price breaks - he’ll maybe even do price breaks per row! Pay $5 more to sit in row 15 vs 14. They already do so much stupid stuff with things like aisle seats and such, new business vs old business etc, you wonder why they don’t just have like 100 tiers.

That would probably make the most sense. Each row closer should be worth a few dollars more. I think there are some teams who price every row differently (Philly?). Someone posted the seating map a couple years back.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
How many fulls are there still in the lower bowl? It gives me some joy to see a ton of fulls left in the overpriced sections and that fans have wised up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad