Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC
Thanks for the replies. I ended up renewing my seats for the half season. We'll see where this goes. My guess is that this I will still be in my seats, which is okay, but if they do a few things, such as keep our current coach and play this same style, I'm done. I'm hoping Gorton is smarter than that, and he fires AV.

I'm totally cool with rebuilding, but we cannot half ass it. As someone putting in a significant amount of money into the team, it'd be nice if they at least listened to us. I cannot remember if they do a Q&A with subscribers, but it should happen, with management.

Obviously, this is your money we are talking about, but whether AV is coach shouldn't determine whether you have season tickets or not. Either they keep him and then fire him later if they're not successful, or he's gone in the offseason. Usually, they lose STH if they do us wrong financially or the like.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Cool. I see them in my account, but I don't see any mention of what time my session is. I see it listed as Sun 4/8, 9:00 PM. I know I picked the second session, which I think was 12:00 PM.

Same here and I signed up for 2pm I think.

Guess it’s good for any sessions then

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Obviously, this is your money we are talking about, but whether AV is coach shouldn't determine whether you have season tickets or not. Either they keep him and then fire him later if they're not successful, or he's gone in the offseason. Usually, they lose STH if they do us wrong financially or the like.

Right now, we're being sold on a rebuild of the team. That rebuild included a philosophical change. AV being on board derails that change.

You're right in that it is my money, but they've had all stars, a hall of fame goalie, and teams deep enough to win, and the guy behind the bench has thwarted that time and time again. Investing more money into a team that is changing it's players, who were good, and keeping the same system in place, is detrimental to the team, which is getting my money.

When they were winning games, in spite of how it was happening, things were okay. We're now being told we're taking a step, possibly two, back in an effort to take steps forward we previously haven't. That's fine, but the biggest issue on the team as of right now is not a player, prospect, potential drafted players, GM or owner. It's AV.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
That's fine, but the biggest issue on the team as of right now is not a player, prospect, potential drafted players, GM or owner. It's AV.
Agree 100%, I think Gorton is finally going to do the right thing. What I don't understand is why it took so long. Maybe pressure from Sather to keep him on?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Agree 100%, I think Gorton is finally going to do the right thing. What I don't understand is why it took so long. Maybe pressure from Sather to keep him on?

Who knows at this point. There are more former players in their front office at this point who have won. Richards, Drury, etc. Richards played under AV. Maybe he got into the ears of management. Him and St. Louis really lead that team that went to the SCF. Maybe they've been in on the "you don't win playing this style of hockey" discussion with Gorton and Co.

When it comes to losing STH cause of finances, that is what happens when the team is successful and prices rise. They aren't winning right now. People will bail on tickets if they think this team isn't contending for quite some time. It won't be worth the price, not because it is unaffordable, but because you're not getting any joy out of going.

I can afford to have these tickets, but dropping around 5k into tickets for 20 regular season games and knowing that the coach is not suited to run the team anymore is like burning your money. They could have the Penguins, Lightning, Preds, Jets roster right now, with AV as the coach, and those teams are worse. Why invest into that?

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
Does anyone recall the time slots for the MSG skate on Sunday? The ticket of course doesn't say the time. I think I took the 10-am-12pm slot but I am not 100% sure what I selected.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Does anyone recall the time slots for the MSG skate on Sunday? The ticket of course doesn't say the time. I think I took the 10-am-12pm slot but I am not 100% sure what I selected.
Looks like the emails went out confirming your time slot. Got mine from my rep around 4:50PM EDT with the subject "See You At Our Season Ticket Member Salute".

"You're confirmed to attend the Season Ticket Member Salute on Sunday, April 8 from 12:00PM to 1:30PM at The Garden. Check–in will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of the session in the Chase Square Lobby so arrive early to gear up before you hit the ice and enjoy other activities throughout the arena.

We ask that members refrain from bringing any hockey sticks or pucks as they will not be permitted on the ice.

As a reminder, this is a ticketed event and printed tickets and waivers will be required for entry."

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
Hi, I know this is a bit off topic but does anyone who is a Knicks STH have an extra ticket for this Saturday's member appreciation event? I am attending but I could use an extra one if anyone decides not to go. Thank you!

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Hi, I know this is a bit off topic but does anyone who is a Knicks STH have an extra ticket for this Saturday's member appreciation event? I am attending but I could use an extra one if anyone decides not to go. Thank you!
What do the Knicks do for Season Ticket Member appreciation? Do they let you go on the court and shoot some hoops?

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
What do the Knicks do for Season Ticket Member appreciation? Do they let you go on the court and shoot some hoops?

This is the first time that I am going so I really don't know. It does say we can go on the court but not sure if they will let us shoot around. That would be cool.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
no, thats another event this weekend like the rangers free skate. Knicks fan appreciation day is usually the last game of the year and I believe they typically open up all the concession stands all you can eat for free

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I have an extra, PM me

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
My renewed rangers invoice for 2018-2019 has disappeared from my online account. Anyone else?
Same thing happened to my knicks invoice. I believe it’s cause they are adjusting the prices as they used last year’s invoices to decide price initially.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Check this out.

Thank you for renewing your Season Ticket Membership for the 2018–19 Season. As we head into the offseason, we wanted to take this opportunity to confirm that your Season Ticket Membership price will not increase for the 2018–19 Season.

While your overall membership price remains unchanged, we do recognize most fans do not value all games equally. For this reason, our default practice is to vary the printed price on each specific game ticket based on that game's specific tier. (For example, a pre–season game will have a lower price printed on the ticket than will a late–season key matchup). Many of our fans have told us that this practice helps them more fairly allocate their tickets among family, friends and clients.

However, we have also heard from some fans who would prefer to keep things simple, and we understand that as well. So, if you have elected to have your season tickets printed and shipped and wish to have your average per–game ticket price printed on each ticket, please let us know and we will print your tickets accordingly. If you choose this option, please rest assured that the change is purely cosmetic and will only be reflected on the printed tickets you receive before the season begins. Your overall membership price will be the same regardless, and unchanged from last season.

If you wish to have all your tickets printed with the average per–game price, please let us know by clicking here before Friday, April 13, 2018.

If you wish to have your tickets printed with the variable game prices, and have already elected to have your tickets printed and shipped, there’s nothing for you to do.

And of course, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me or your service representative.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Did we lose the ability to make a poll? What is everyone going to do and why? I'm leaning towards the average price, but want to know what everyone else thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad