Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I think you are talking about 2 different things. I believe the event on Monday was for those who opted into the auto-renewal. I opted in, received an invite. My friend did not opt-in and did not receive an invite.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Has anyone here had success converting a half plan into a full season plan for the same seats? I'm wary on renewing, but if I can get a full season instead of half, it would make my decision that much easier.

jeff spicoli

Nov 27, 2005
I think you are talking about 2 different things. I believe the event on Monday was for those who opted into the auto-renewal. I opted in, received an invite. My friend did not opt-in and did not receive an invite.

There were definitely 2 events. The auto renew HH you went to at Rock and Reilly's, and the Captain tenure HH at the Moxy Hotel. Sounds like the spread was better at Rock and Reilly's. There were more beer options than Bud Light at the Moxy although it was just beer and wine and the passed appetizers didn't make their way towards where I was at the bar that often. I wasn't about to dig into the communal bowls of party mix and olives.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Has anyone here had success converting a half plan into a full season plan for the same seats? I'm wary on renewing, but if I can get a full season instead of half, it would make my decision that much easier.

In years past people have but ever since last year they’ve cut back on offering full seasons in any remotely decent location and I don’t see why that would change going forward.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
There were definitely 2 events. The auto renew HH you went to at Rock and Reilly's, and the Captain tenure HH at the Moxy Hotel. Sounds like the spread was better at Rock and Reilly's. There were more beer options than Bud Light at the Moxy although it was just beer and wine and the passed appetizers didn't make their way towards where I was at the bar that often. I wasn't about to dig into the communal bowls of party mix and olives.
well that's f'n annoying, my rep issued a recall on that email so I assumed it was a mistake because I already had the happy hour

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
In years past people have but ever since last year they’ve cut back on offering full seasons in any remotely decent location and I don’t see why that would change going forward.

Yeah, I already got the standard response on it. Was told the other half renewed (which could be a lie) and that the only way to find out if I could get similar seats is to renew for my half and attempt to upgrade. Was given a hard deadline of tomorrow by 5 (which could be a lie) to respond.

The market was so bad this year that I'm not sure if I want to renew, but I also don't want to start from nothing again.

Last year, the only thing remotely close to full seasons that were worthwhile were on the bridge and those on average were higher than my half season. Who knows what kind of inventory they will have, but if this team goes through any prolong absence from being relevant, they're going to wish they didn't alienate their hardcore fanbase.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yeah, I already got the standard response on it. Was told the other half renewed (which could be a lie) and that the only way to find out if I could get similar seats is to renew for my half and attempt to upgrade. Was given a hard deadline of tomorrow by 5 (which could be a lie) to respond.

The market was so bad this year that I'm not sure if I want to renew, but I also don't want to start from nothing again.

Last year, the only thing remotely close to full seasons that were worthwhile were on the bridge and those on average were higher than my half season. Who knows what kind of inventory they will have, but if this team goes through any prolong absence from being relevant, they're going to wish they didn't alienate their hardcore fanbase.

If that happens there will be plenty of season subscriptions available again.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island

I have tried upgrading my halfs to fulls for 3 years. Nothing. Every year its the same line, you have to renew your halfs and then see what inventory is available. There is never anything available in fulls in the 200's (this season could be different if many ppl don't renew, but I wasn't going to renew my halfs to find out). I did not renew and I will just buy whatever games I want. I don't have to worry about not making a game and figuring out how I am going to get rid of the game. I received an email a few days ago that said yesterday was the last day before they release my seats.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
I ended up not renewing after 5 seasons, so I guess should stop browsing this topic :eek:
Received an e-mail on Wednesday that my seats would be released and "made available to other members" by the next day. I guess that was the final chance to change my mind. Now the 2018-2019 invoice is finally gone from my Ticketmaster account as well.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I ended up not renewing after 5 seasons, so I guess should stop browsing this topic :eek:
Received an e-mail on Wednesday that my seats would be released and "made available to other members" by the next day. I guess that was the final chance to change my mind. Now the 2018-2019 invoice is finally gone from my Ticketmaster account as well.

Available to other members my ass. Perhaps for mini plans or half seasons.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
I opted in but did not receive an invite. Can someone confirm this was for the auto-renewal so I can ask my rep why I wasn't given an invite?

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Has anyone here had success converting a half plan into a full season plan for the same seats?
No.

Seriously, I tried once and was given the same BS as everyone else.

But more important to me was doing a relocate from my very expensive 100s to the 200s so I just opted for a very good seat in the 200s that is affordable and very good.

At this stage, I will stay with a 1/2 and if the team starts going deep in the playoffs in my lifetime, just grab what I can on stub hub.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I have tried upgrading my halfs to fulls for 3 years. Nothing. Every year its the same line, you have to renew your halfs and then see what inventory is available. There is never anything available in fulls in the 200's (this season could be different if many ppl don't renew, but I wasn't going to renew my halfs to find out). I did not renew and I will just buy whatever games I want. I don't have to worry about not making a game and figuring out how I am going to get rid of the game. I received an email a few days ago that said yesterday was the last day before they release my seats.

No.

Seriously, I tried once and was given the same BS as everyone else.

But more important to me was doing a relocate from my very expensive 100s to the 200s so I just opted for a very good seat in the 200s that is affordable and very good.

At this stage, I will stay with a 1/2 and if the team starts going deep in the playoffs in my lifetime, just grab what I can on stub hub.

Thanks for the replies. I ended up renewing my seats for the half season. We'll see where this goes. My guess is that this I will still be in my seats, which is okay, but if they do a few things, such as keep our current coach and play this same style, I'm done. I'm hoping Gorton is smarter than that, and he fires AV.

I'm totally cool with rebuilding, but we cannot half ass it. As someone putting in a significant amount of money into the team, it'd be nice if they at least listened to us. I cannot remember if they do a Q&A with subscribers, but it should happen, with management.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
I RSVP'd for the upcoming skate at MSG this weekend. I only have 2 seats on my account this year but you can select up to 4 people based on availability. So I selected 4 but I have not heard anything as of yet. How do I know if they are going to accommodate me? I would usually call my Rep to ask him but since I did not renew for next year, I don't really want to call him. Do you get an email? Or is there anyway to check besides calling? Thank you!

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I RSVP'd for the upcoming skate at MSG this weekend. I only have 2 seats on my account this year but you can select up to 4 people based on availability. So I selected 4 but I have not heard anything as of yet. How do I know if they are going to accommodate me? I would usually call my Rep to ask him but since I did not renew for next year, I don't really want to call him. Do you get an email? Or is there anyway to check besides calling? Thank you!
I have 2 tix on my account but requested 3 spots. I haven't heard anything back from the Rangers for the MSG skate. If I don't hear anything back by Wednesday I'll call my rep.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I believe the RSVP deadline lasted through early this week so I wasn't expecting to hear anything until the middle or end of the week. I have 2 seats and requested 4 for the skate.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
my aunt just got an email today, she doesn't have tickets.

It said, "Hi, I am XXXX from the New York Rangers Front Office! I wanted to reach out to find out when a good time to bring you down to the garden would be."

Guess they're trying to reach out for new subscribers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->