Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
The Christmas card was virtual (on nyrsubcentral.com)

I wonder when we'll be be getting our virtual seat on our computer instead of at the garden. Virtual beer too
I though I got one mailed to me this year. Maybe I was on the nice list not the naughty one this year!

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I could be wrong on this, but I believe the league prints the media guides and about 6-7 years ago, they stopped printing the ones that are sold to consumers and only print the spiral bound ones that the media gets.

I know a few people that collect media guides for a few different teams and they've all said the same thing +/- a season or two.

If you want to download a copy, it is available here:
https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/291105024/binary-file/file.pdf

I guess that would give the Rangers a pass.

frgabby

Feb 8, 2016
Ulster County NY
From the email I got today with the subject of "Stay Up To Date On Your Season Ticket Membership!" it said:

Season Ticket Members receive a complimentary 2017-18 Yearbook. To redeem, show your Mobile Membership Card at any MSG Team Store.

Not sure how that works, cause there is no way to track that. What's stopping me from going to each store and picking up X yearbooks for the rest of the home games at MSG?!? Before you got that pdf ticket/voucher. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Picked up a couple of yearbooks about a month ago just by showing virtual card - no entering of number in cash register or anything else that would track anything.

Nephews saw the yearbook at the house and asked if they could get one - next game I attended, picked up another two. So looks like they are basically just giving these away.

As for other questions posted on gifts, I haven't received anything since the blanket a couple of years ago - didn't receive a holiday card either! I did receive a 20 second video clip from Hank thanking me for renewing my tickets :sarcasm:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The Athletic has a piece out on the Maple Leafs jacking up prices again.

Mirtle: Are the Maple Leafs justified in jacking up their...
Leafs have higher tickets than MSG I believe, and they are still way below market value. Toronto is a huge mega hockey crazy city with one arena. The demand is astronomical for hockey tickets. Team is trying to recapture resale margins from season ticket holders, some which are 90 year old accounts.

Also, "Leafs, Raptors to eliminate print-at-home tickets"
Leafs, Raptors to eliminate print-at-home tickets | Toronto Star

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Leafs have higher tickets than MSG I believe, and they are still way below market value. Toronto is a huge mega hockey crazy city with one arena. The demand is astronomical for hockey tickets. Team is trying to recapture resale margins from season ticket holders, some which are 90 year old accounts.

Also, "Leafs, Raptors to eliminate print-at-home tickets"
Leafs, Raptors to eliminate print-at-home tickets | Toronto Star
Technically the rangers still have the highest ticket prices, because of the Canadian dollar :)

That being said, the demand in Toronto is nuts. If they ever made the Finals, ticket prices would be akin to the Super Bowl. It makes sense that the leafs are adjusting prices to make up for the margins between resellers and fans/buyers. The rangers are doing this as well, albeit in a very roundabout and stupid way with pushing partial plans over full season plans.

And I’m all for pushing print at home ticketing out of the picture, but the reason teams are doing this is so they can track the barcodes/transfers of tickets to see how many are sold vs used. It might lead to a lot of resellers losing their accounts in the long term, if teams feel they should go to fans instead.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
So we're in the final week for renewals. Anyone here actually decide to bail? I need to call in to cancel a pair.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
So we're in the final week for renewals. Anyone here actually decide to bail? I need to call in to cancel a pair.
According to 5.2 billion computer simulations, Rangers need to go 11-3-2 or better to have an above 50% chance of making the playoffs:
New York Rangers Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

If they make it that's going to be an expensive first round exit! Or crazier things have happened and they could make a real run, but then again that seems impossible with no defense in front of Hank. But I'll renew and reconsider if they jack up the prices due to making the playoffs (they give you an out clause for renewing today and raising price later)

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010

It's a close one but I'm now at 60-40 to bail (section 210 row 2). Face $135.00/per.

So.... if anyone is interested in splitting a season they need to contact me and cement a deal within days.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Picked up a couple of yearbooks about a month ago just by showing virtual card - no entering of number in cash register or anything else that would track anything.

Nephews saw the yearbook at the house and asked if they could get one - next game I attended, picked up another two. So looks like they are basically just giving these away.
Any chance you'd be willing to pick one up and mail it to an out-of-towner? My kid would LOVE one. I'd be happy to pay you for it.

Thanks!

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Any chance you'd be willing to pick one up and mail it to an out-of-towner? My kid would LOVE one. I'd be happy to pay you for it.

Thanks!
Does your kid want a calendar? I asked people to get me one and too many people came through. PM me your address if you are interested and I'll drop it in the mail.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
It's a close one but I'm now at 60-40 to bail (section 210 row 2). Face $135.00/per.

So.... if anyone is interested in splitting a season they need to contact me and cement a deal within days.

Pretty good seats. You have problems selling most games for face? My row 2 at the end are very hard to move. I'm dumping those.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
I'm done with my halfs.

I am even considering given up my full Knicks ST even though they haven't raised me in 4 years. I love my seats and the price is pretty reasonable so far. But as soon as they make the playoffs (who knows when that will be) they will hit us with 25% increase and I would probably bail anyway, so why even bother holding them now. Like someone pointed out, if they make the playoffs one of these years, I will just get them on the secondary market. While my tickets are pretty easy to move, it's always a chore when you can't make a game. Just don't want to deal with it anymore. I do not think the "perks" they give you as a season ticket holder are that good anyway.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
Disheartening to see how bad they've treated STH. Was cold-called by two different reps today. Rude voicemail as if I'm bothering them "so and so from new york rangers, call me". *shakes head*

frgabby

Feb 8, 2016
Ulster County NY

Thanks!

Sure, my next game isn't until next Wednesday though - just PM me your address and if they still have the yearbooks will gladly grab one and drop in the mail to you.

Frank

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Do you have to call in if you don't want to renew? I was going to just let the deadline pass...

No, you don't need to call in if you are renewing or dropping all of your seats. But since I have two sets of seats on the same account I need to call in to have them remove a pair.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
Pretty good seats. You have problems selling most games for face? My row 2 at the end are very hard to move. I'm dumping those.

Profited in the regular season every year I had them until this year.

Probably lost around 10% this year which turned out to be equal to the Stubhub/Ticketmasrter fees. Thus, the sales probably went for a break even versus face.

Difficult to sell? No. Most everyone looks to buy centers. Who is going to buy row 3 before row 2 sells? Which tourist won't pay $18 more for legroom/view etc? One section off center is a selling liability.

Maybe Row 15 will attract a price conscious buyer but I have little competition behind me.

Why am I possibly giving the seats up? My partner is moving on so I need to carry the load (more bother than price) for a season in which I attend relatively few games. Add an uncertain future and I'm left with the ticket broker status for a number of years. I've been to the cup in NY so I'm left trying to understand my rationale for renewing my sub. I recognize that after 25 years I'll never replace my seats should I give them up. The likilihood is that The seats will never be available to anyone else for the season.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
superyan said:
Does your kid want a calendar? I asked people to get me one and too many people came through. PM me your address if you are interested and I'll drop it in the mail.
Thank you! We were in town for the Winter Classic and at the Garden for the game vs the Blackhawks, so my boy got a calendar.

Really appreciate the kind offer.

Is anyone from the calendar still on the team?

Had to go look ... we just flipped the page on McDonagh for February. :)

On a tangent, my kid got his Junior Ranger stuff, and much of it is "signed" by McDonagh (e.g. the Junior Rangers Pledge). Last night a second package showed up for the Jr Rangers. I thought maybe it has someone else's name on it in light of the trade (which would be odd.... and quick). Nope--just somehow a duplicate, sent months later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad