Tickets: Rangers Season Ticket Holder Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHB*

for new business?

No, renewal. Sorry for the delay.

I'm looking to switch my seats though. I was in the 100's this year and want to move to the upper bowl.

It was just the $250 deposit per seat.

No assignment for next year, as of yet. My rep will email the choices later on.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
No, renewal. Sorry for the delay.

I'm looking to switch my seats though. I was in the 100's this year and want to move to the upper bowl.

It was just the $250 deposit per seat.

No assignment for next year, as of yet. My rep will email the choices later on.

That's really weird, I've never heard of a current STH sending in a deposit for a downgrade the next season before invoices even came out

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
That's really weird, I've never heard of a current STH sending in a deposit for a downgrade the next season before invoices even came out

May be treating him as a new subscriber for purposes of finding seats. Still has to wait for all current subscribers in the sought after price range to have relocation preference, then will be bumped ahead of actual new subscribers. Just a guess based on my limited knowledge of how the system works and how I've heard they make it difficult to downgrade.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
May be treating him as a new subscriber for purposes of finding seats. Still has to wait for all current subscribers in the sought after price range to have relocation preference, then will be bumped ahead of actual new subscribers. Just a guess based on my limited knowledge of how the system works and how I've heard they make it difficult to downgrade.

That really sucks though having to get to the back of the line because the Rangers priced you out of the lower bowl. Very cut throat system

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Maybe the rep is doing him a favor and he is getting the jump on those who just want to move their seats, upgrade or downgrade?

CarlosDanger

Beast Mode
Aug 29, 2013
'Merica
Maybe the rep is doing him a favor and he is getting the jump on those who just want to move their seats, upgrade or downgrade?

I am in the same boat, looking to go from 100's to upper bowl next year. I emailed my rep and was told that renewals should be out next week and to contact her back then so we could try and get my seats moved. She seemed up beat about it and didn't even give me the "its really hard to move" speech that I was expecting. Not sure why another STH with similar 100's wanting to move would be asked to pay a deposit like a new subscriber? I could be wrong but it seems to me like going the route of the deposit would bump you back to the end of the line all over again?

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I am in the same boat, looking to go from 100's to upper bowl next year. I emailed my rep and was told that renewals should be out next week and to contact her back then so we could try and get my seats moved. She seemed up beat about it and didn't even give me the "its really hard to move" speech that I was expecting. Not sure why another STH with similar 100's wanting to move would be asked to pay a deposit like a new subscriber? I could be wrong but it seems to me like going the route of the deposit would bump you back to the end of the line all over again?

Unless MSG changed their policy again the way it is now is that if you are a STH in good standing you have the first right to your existing seats for next year. After all the renewals are tallied whatever is left over is given out on a seniority basis as far as upgrading or downgrading. The past 2 seasons MSG discouraged STHs from downgrading. It remains to be seen what happens this offseason. In theory you can be a 50 year season subscriber in the lower bowl and if everyone in the upper bowl renews the 50 year subscriber is out of luck as far as downgrading.
The upper bowl tickets have become much more desirable in the past 10 years as the lower bowl has become way overpriced for the average fan who goes to 20-30 games a year.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Unless MSG changed their policy again the way it is now is that if you are a STH in good standing you have the first right to your existing seats for next year. After all the renewals are tallied whatever is left over is given out on a seniority basis as far as upgrading or downgrading. The past 2 seasons MSG discouraged STHs from downgrading. It remains to be seen what happens this offseason. In theory you can be a 50 year season subscriber in the lower bowl and if everyone in the upper bowl renews the 50 year subscriber is out of luck as far as downgrading.
The upper bowl tickets have become much more desirable in the past 10 years as the lower bowl has become way overpriced for the average fan who goes to 20-30 games a year.

Maybe they will change the inequity pricing to stop the migration

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Maybe they will change the inequity pricing to stop the migration

I have the most inequitably priced seats, 1st row Gallery. Would love to downgrade but only to 2nd row Gallery. I would be surprised if anybody is giving up their 2nd row Gallery seats. In my opinion these seats are the best value in MSG. The only thing the 1st row Gallery seats have over the 2nd row is nobody's big head to block your view. In the 2nd row you don't have to look partially through the glass and you don't have the tv partially blocking your view.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I have the most inequitably priced seats, 1st row Gallery. Would love to downgrade but only to 2nd row Gallery. I would be surprised if anybody is giving up their 2nd row Gallery seats. In my opinion these seats are the best value in MSG. The only thing the 1st row Gallery seats have over the 2nd row is nobody's big head to block your view. In the 2nd row you don't have to look partially through the glass and you don't have the tv partially blocking your view.

There will likely be some 2nd row Gallery seats available. Heck, I'm even considering dropping my row 2s depending on what's available.

Last edited:

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007

Is MSG letting you downgrade your seats? I would make sure before you renew as renewals are right around the corner.

Tikkanese

Dec 6, 2006
New York

I had Row 1 Gallery seats last season. Was able to "downgrade" to the lower bowl, Row 15 - cheaper ticket price. I was not able to even look at cheaper seats in the upper bowl, though.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I had Row 1 Gallery seats last season. Was able to "downgrade" to the lower bowl, Row 15 - cheaper ticket price. I was not able to even look at cheaper seats in the upper bowl, though.

I was able to downgrade from Row 1 Gallery seats to Row 2 last summer. They tried to get me to consider cheaper lowers but I wasn't interested in going back to the corner 100s that I had a couple years prior.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Is MSG letting you downgrade your seats? I would make sure before you renew as renewals are right around the corner.

Anybody can downgrade. It's a matter of when they let you select your new seats. In the past you couldn't select until after all other season ticket holders went through the upgrade process. I will try to press the issue and try to select new seats before the upgrades get their chance. We will see what happens. I have had season tickets since 1980 so we will see if that makes any difference.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012

Did you get section 115 row 15 by any chance? I had two of my 6 seats last year and should have kept them. I gave up the 2 seats in section 115 row 15 to have all 6 of my seats together in section 220 row 1. Are you keeping your row 15 seats for next year?

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
There will likely be some 2nd row Gallery seats available. Heck, I'm even considering dropping my row 2s depending on what's available.

If you give up your 3 row 2 Gallery seats and the guy with seats 4-6 gives up his I can take all 6 of those seats, perfect ! I believe the guy next to you moved to Chicago.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
If you give up your 3 row 2 Gallery seats and the guy with seats 4-6 gives up his I can take all 6 of those seats, perfect ! I believe the guy next to you moved to Chicago.

Won't be giving up any of my set of 3...and if my seat neighbor gives up any of his 3 those will be mine too. lol And he's moving out west. That said, my other pair of Row 2 Gallery seats might be available.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Won't be giving up any of my set of 3...and if my seat neighbor gives up any of his 3 those will be mine too. lol And he's moving out west. That said, my other pair of Row 2 Gallery seats might be available.

I misunderstood you. I thought you were referring to your section 221 seats when you said you might be giving them up. I forgot you had other gallery seats as well. Your neighbors 3 seats wouldn't be of any interest to me unless I got 4 or 6 together.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Anybody can downgrade. It's a matter of when they let you select your new seats. In the past you couldn't select until after all other season ticket holders went through the upgrade process. I will try to press the issue and try to select new seats before the upgrades get their chance. We will see what happens. I have had season tickets since 1980 so we will see if that makes any difference.

I hope that after 34 years I have seats exactly where I want and don't have to bother relocating. The problem with downgrading is that suppose after 34 years you want to move to a cheaper seat location in the center ice sections but everybody renews. Then you are stuck again where you don't want to sit.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Were you able to downgrade before other had a chance to upgrade?
Where are your new seats?

Did it as soon upgrades started, but directly through her, not going through the online upgrade system.

I was in the old 300's so they gave me that equivalent row which were the 73 dollar seats in the new 200's. She got me into 221, row 17 for last year which were the 50 dollar seats.

I then used the regular upgrade system this year and moved over to 222, row 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad