Tickets: Rangers Season Ticket Holder Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ban

Mar 20, 2012
Yeah, those a-holes at StubHub need to enforce this for all games, not just pick and choose events like the Yankees final game. I've had purchases cancelled from under me when the seller welched on a good deal and there was nothing I could do

I disagree.

I had tickets listed on SH before they announced date of Messier's retirement. Priced normally for a weekday game. They sold (I think someone had early word) but in any case I was not sitting right at computer to change price. I was able to say they are not for sale at that price.

By holding sellers to the deal (before they confirmed it), SH is setting a terrible precedent. If you have a friend in the right department you could get early word, buy every ticket for "special" games, make a fortune.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I disagree.

I had tickets listed on SH before they announced date of Messier's retirement. Priced normally for a weekday game. They sold (I think someone had early word) but in any case I was not sitting right at computer to change price. I was able to say they are not for sale at that price.

By holding sellers to the deal (before they confirmed it), SH is setting a terrible precedent. If you have a friend in the right department you could get early word, buy every ticket for "special" games, make a fortune.

If by "terrible precedent" you mean fair business practice, then maybe

A deal should always be a deal

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I disagree.

Back then, the seller had to confirm the sale. They stopped that part.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Back then, the seller had to confirm the sale. They stopped that part.

Yeah, sellers were slacking off to confirm and stubhub would always have to be chasing them so they changed the policy from "click to confirm" to "if you don't say anything we're going to assume the sale is final". That period to say anything I think is 2 days and stubhub would generally let you back out of the sale without consequence. With the possible last game for Jeter going for 10 times face value, it sounds like a lot of sellers tried to take advantage of this and now they're going to have to deliver

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
If you sell on Stubhub it is not a completed deal until the seller agrees.

See post #105, that is no longer the case. You have a 48 hour window to notify that you will not fill the sale, otherwise you are considered to have accepted the sale

(b) Reporting an Issue.
(i) Subject to the exceptions identified in Section 2.1(b)(ii), you have forty-eight (48) hours from the time your tickets or related passes are sold to 'Report an Issue' (e.g., you no longer have the exact tickets you listed for sale, or you can no longer send your tickets on or before the Expected Delivery Date) without a monetary penalty. You can 'Report an Issue' by following the 'Report an Issue' link in your Sale Notification email or by clicking the 'Report an Issue' link on the 'Open sales' tab in My Account. If you do not Report an Issue within the time permitted above, you may be subject to a replacement fee, other charges, and/or other consequences, as specified in Section 5 'Consequences'. When Reporting an Issue, you understand and agree that your modification (including but not limited to, your modification of the Expected Delivery Date) may not be accepted, and StubHub may, in its sole discretion, cancel the sale without further notice to you and not pay you for that sale. If you Report an Issue more than three (3) times within a twelve (12) month period, StubHub reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to issue you a warning, or temporarily or permanently suspend you from using StubHub's Site or Services.​

http://www.stubhub.com/user_agreement/

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
See post #105, that is no longer the case. You have a 48 hour window to notify that you will not fill the sale, otherwise you are considered to have accepted the sale

(b) Reporting an Issue.
(i) Subject to the exceptions identified in Section 2.1(b)(ii), you have forty-eight (48) hours from the time your tickets or related passes are sold to 'Report an Issue' (e.g., you no longer have the exact tickets you listed for sale, or you can no longer send your tickets on or before the Expected Delivery Date) without a monetary penalty. You can 'Report an Issue' by following the 'Report an Issue' link in your Sale Notification email or by clicking the 'Report an Issue' link on the 'Open sales' tab in My Account. If you do not Report an Issue within the time permitted above, you may be subject to a replacement fee, other charges, and/or other consequences, as specified in Section 5 'Consequences'. When Reporting an Issue, you understand and agree that your modification (including but not limited to, your modification of the Expected Delivery Date) may not be accepted, and StubHub may, in its sole discretion, cancel the sale without further notice to you and not pay you for that sale. If you Report an Issue more than three (3) times within a twelve (12) month period, StubHub reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to issue you a warning, or temporarily or permanently suspend you from using StubHub's Site or Services.​

http://www.stubhub.com/user_agreement/

I should have clarified my comment to include the 48 hour rule

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The 48 hour window does not apply to, "No, I want more money because this game is now in much higher demand...." So, in ban's scenario above, he would not be able to re-list those tickets. At least not under current policy.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Got my Giants invoice yesterday. No price increase. Hope the Rangers are paying attention.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
come on, you know theres going to be one lol

Definitely, a few bucks every year indefinitely - next thing you know you're in the corner rafters behind a bridge paying $125

What's amazing to me is the Knicks, who are beyond putrid and complete garbage - yet the place is sold out and the secondary market is still a good 50% above face. NO incentive to drop prices there, and Dolan is not going to start with the Rangers

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Definitely, a few bucks every year indefinitely - next thing you know you're in the corner rafters behind a bridge paying $125

What's amazing to me is the Knicks, who are beyond putrid and complete garbage - yet the place is sold out and the secondary market is still a good 50% above face. NO incentive to drop prices there, and Dolan is not going to start with the Rangers

Yeah, imagine if the knicks were good. :amazed:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Pretty crazy market on the Red Wings game yesterday. There was something like only 10 tickets left on stubhub at cutoff. Total 180 degree change form the start of the season

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
When the Knicks are good, they are by far the hottest ticket in town. However, it was a dead ticket for a while. A guy with whom I work is a die-hard Knicks fan. In the few years before Jeremy Lin, he would buy tickets on stubhub for $10 each, sometimes less. If there are no changes, then next season's market will be dead.

Although are you sure 50% higher? Not their next game against the Sixers:

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-kni...york-madison-square-garden-3-10-2014-4336077/

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Finally getting some decent demand and prices on these late season games. Got 60% over face for Detroit and 85% over face for San Jose.

ban

Mar 20, 2012
I have Knicks and Rangers, very similar seats for each.

Both down this year on resale market, Knicks more so. But I still made some money, about half of years past. Big games for Knicks sell at crazy prices. But I sold plenty below face, more than I ever have for Rangers.

I think Rangers are a much more steady ticket, always a market. Knicks fluctuate, good team will get a lot more than similar Rangers team, mediocre team less than similar Rangers team.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I have always felt NY was a very fair-weather town when it came to the Knicks. They have their die-hard, but I think the better majority of their fans are only interested when they are good. If they are bad, they will still watch basketball, still say they are a Knicks fan, but will pay more attention to the better teams. However, doesn't happen as much with the Rangers. If the Rangers are bad, and playing on the same night the two best teams in the league are playing on national tv, MOST Rangers fans will still watch the Rangers. Under the same circumstance, most Knicks fans will change the channel to the other game.

I would think two big reason for the Rangers market being down from last year is 1) more games, so more supply. The guy looking to buy tickets to just a game or two has a lot more from which to choose and 2) expectations heading into this year vs last. After being the top-seed in the East and getting to the Conference Finals, I would think more people were looking to buy right off the bat. Whereas this year, people took more of a wait and see approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad